What's new

Al-MASMAK Mk.2 Revealed in AAD 2012

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
Nyoka_APC_armoured_personnel_carrier_AAD_2012_Africa_Aerospace_Defence_exhibition_Pretoria_South_Africa_001.jpg

Nyoka_APC_armoured_personnel_carrier_AAD_2012_Africa_Aerospace_Defence_exhibition_Pretoria_South_Africa_002.jpg

263866_10151184972893637_1291008158_n.jpg

That's some high-profile turret.

At least it's better than that big-glass funky arse truck that they sold to azerbaijan. What was it's name? marauder?

Hell yeah, matador-marauder series

Saudi Groups unveiled this vehicle in the South African exhibition because it is targeting African and MENA region as customers.

At least it's better than that big-glass funky arse truck that they sold to azerbaijan. What was it's name? marauder?

Ugly?! No wonder it comes from a self absorbed blunt person like yourself who always greet people by "Behold the glory which is me" rather than with just saying "hello". As I said before, it won't kill you to attend sensitivity training courses.:azn:

83f52567fad14f8fa3edc84.jpg

2008_sofex_27.jpg

On a serious note, Jordan co-produced this vehicle and settled with 100. Is this AMPV going to be mass produced Mossa?

it looks to be a very protected vehicle...

I much prefer the remotely controlled Torret shown here:

833122912.jpg

This allows the Gatling gun and the grenade launcher to be installed in the rear hatch. Grenade Launcher installed in the rear hatch:
1348132916881.gif

This here shows the high protection Torret while it was still in development, amazing how it turned out though:
465719489.jpg

That thing looks good. Will it be used only as armour or it can carry soldiers too?

That thing looks good. Will it be used only as armour or it can carry soldiers too?

It is an MRAP (Mine Resistant Armored Personnel carrier). So its Maine job is to carry soldiers around. However Saudi Armed Forces requirements stated that it should also carry a lot of fire power as you can see.

:azn:

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=2233183743869774.gif

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=2390961bgikkbd4d54.jpg

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=7228022hgufut554.jpg

ArmyRecognition official (Source) :
Online military army magazine defence security industry technology news exhibition world land forces*-*Army Recognition

STANAG 4569

NATO AEP-55 STANAG 4569 is a NATO Standardization Agreement covering the standards for the "Protection Levels for Occupants of Logistic and Light Armored Vehicles".

The standard covers strikes from Kinetic Energy, artillery, and IED blasts.

Level 4

Kinetic Energy

14.5x114AP / B32 at 200 meters with 911 m/s
Protection cover:
Angle azimuth 360 degrees
Elevation 0 degrees

Artillery

155 mm High Explosive at 30 m
Protection cover:
Angle Azimuth 0 - 360 degrees
Elev. 0 - 90 degrees

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat

10 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
4a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
4b – Mine Explosion under center.

STANAG 4569 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom