What's new

Al-MASMAK Mk.2 Revealed in AAD 2012

It looks very good regarding mines and protection, i hope the engine is very reliable too, i'm curious what is the origin of the engine they are using.

@Blackeagle, in case you don't know, big glasses are always bad for ballistic protection and matador/marauder series has that design flaw. They look like up-armored civilian transport vehicles.

@Mosamania just take a look at Aselsan Sarp and Aselsan mini-STAMP. Stamp Jr. a friend of mine called it :D

Big turrets are no-good for already ill-balanced MRAP vehicles.

cLrL1.jpg

Man! Saudi is arming like crazy. In the coming decade they'd be powerful enough to control the region while politically competing with Iran and Turks for influence.

@Blackeagle, in case you don't know, big glasses are always bad for ballistic protection and matador/marauder series has that design flaw. They look like up-armored civilian transport vehicles.

@Mosamania just take a look at Aselsan Sarp and Aselsan mini-STAMP. Stamp Jr. a friend of mine called it :D

Big turrets are no-good for already ill-balanced MRAP vehicles.

Ever wonder why so many South African and Israeli military vehicles sport such a lot of 'glass' ? See original Caspirs. There is a trade-off between ballistics protection (and being blind) and being able to see.... Apparently, even if at expense of protection, being able to see is more important.

"The vehicle has been designed based on the experience from military and security users on combat areas as Afghanistan and Iraq" and it "is the first worldwide 4x4 armored personnel carrier tested ... up to STANAG 4569 level 4A and 4B mine resistant levels ... and all around ballistic protection up to 4569 level 3. The vehicle can defeat ... 12.7mm caliber all-around"
Al-Masmak Masmak Nyoka Mk2 MRAP Mine Resistant Armored Personnel Carrier technical data sheet*-*Army Recognition*-*Army Recognition

Against IEDs, stability isn't the issue, hull integrity is.

IVEMA_GILA_south_africa_ArmyRecognition_001.jpg

casspir_aad2008_03_dvdb08.JPG

casspir.jpg

M113_Israeli_News_02.jpg

IMIUrban_Fighter_Up-Armored_M113_Gavin.jpg

scrap006.jpg

Looks huge, Good going KSA, keep Building These and Expand army!

@Penguin, big glass is always bad, it's not just for protection damn ballistic glasses become much heavier than any other part of the armor.

I don't know what's the point, no matter how easy you see outside still not easy to aim from behind the armor, I don't think it's worth reducing protection of an armored vehicle. it also violates the most basic sense of security ...secrecy

First model of BMC Kirpi:
bmc4x4mrap.jpg

The model that went through serial production:
BmcKirpi4.jpg

@Penguin, big glass is always bad, it's not just for protection damn ballistic glasses become much heavier than any other part of the armor.

I don't know what's the point, no matter how easy you see outside still not easy to aim from behind the armor, I don't think it's worth reducing protection of an armored vehicle. it also violates the most basic sense of security ...secrecy

Actually the new turret was built on heavy emphasis on protecting the Thermal scope. Because the vehicle use mostly the thermal sight for its combat and can't afford to lose it.

The old turret was basic unmanned torrent as you can see here from early prototypes:
833122912.jpg

then new turret concepts emerged once that need was highlighted as seen here:
465719489.jpg

Then finally the new turret was showcased recently:
519243117.jpg

Ain't it called a 'turret', Mosa ? A torrent is what I use to download the best movies off Ares ! :D

Back
Top Bottom