What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

I have many doubts on this , but I personally know that PA need 2000+ 50+T tanks , and 300 to 500 55+T tanks and they need them ASAP... So any thing can happen...........
To me AK series is our main and only indigenous series for now , , , 100 OPLOT only coming for engine mainly (we need local engine production) and with new 100 we can also upgrade our older T-80UDs to T-84P standers.
PA need to replace older tanks in great numbers , (If bought )500 T-90s can help a lot , new and much better tank , Quickly available , etc and PA can fit some of there systems in them too...
500 AK , 400 T-84P , 500 T-90 total 1400 tanks then 500 AK-2(may be) will make 1900 tanks(50+T) , what will happen to Al-Haider???? Why I am heaving a felling that AL-Haider is 55+T tank???????

Oplot is a better option but it has issues with production due to the political climate there. The T80UD can be brought to Oplot level in the meantime. T90 at present seems to be a inquisitive phase.
we are not buying T-84P for Al-Haider or heavy replacement , we are going for them because , we need engine tech , armor tech , and few sub-systems and we will also upgrade T-80UDs , so that deal not only upgrade our older tanks but that will also help us in many other....
I don't see any link in T-90 and T-84 ,,
Yes we do need replacement for older tanks , but we also need to look around options available ,,,, I guess there are not many ,,,,,, So we like it or not we may have to go for T-90.....

I have many doubts on this , but I personally know that PA need 2000+ 50+T tanks , and 300 to 500 55+T tanks and they need them ASAP... So any thing can happen...........
To me AK series is our main and only indigenous series for now , , , 100 OPLOT only coming for engine mainly (we need local engine production) and with new 100 we can also upgrade our older T-80UDs to T-84P standers.
PA need to replace older tanks in great numbers , (If bought )500 T-90s can help a lot , new and much better tank , Quickly available , etc and PA can fit some of there systems in them too...
500 AK , 400 T-84P , 500 T-90 total 1400 tanks then 500 AK-2(may be) will make 1900 tanks(50+T) , what will happen to Al-Haider???? Why I am heaving a felling that AL-Haider is 55+T tank???????

we are not buying T-84P for Al-Haider or heavy replacement , we are going for them because , we need engine tech , armor tech , and few sub-systems and we will also upgrade T-80UDs , so that deal not only upgrade our older tanks but that will also help us in many other....
I don't see any link in T-90 and T-84 ,,
Yes we do need replacement for older tanks , but we also need to look around options available ,,,, I guess there are not many ,,,,,, So we like it or not we may have to go for T-90.....

In my eyes the biggest issue is how deep are your pockets! Options are not limited in the armor world. Many nations are making components and really propelling armor revolution forward. If you see Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Turkey, South Korea, France and Germany plus others. Buying a complete Tank vs buying a tank that has your selected components for tailored specifications is what Pakistan is going for.

I believe that is the best approach which Pakistan has chosen by engaging many vendors to make the right tank.

In my eyes the biggest issue is how deep are your pockets! Options are not limited in the armor world. Many nations are making components and really propelling armor revolution forward. If you see Poland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Turkey, South Korea, France and Germany plus others. Buying a complete Tank vs buying a tank that has your selected components for tailored specifications is what Pakistan is going for.

I believe that is the best approach which Pakistan has chosen by engaging many vendors to make the right tank.
Options are many but they are not available , for many reasons ,deep pockets are only one , And also I guess PA is impressed by T-90s performance in Syria ... But I do agree PA's approach is great to have a tank that suits you the most....
In the end we need tanks , and we do know AK will take time and we can not replace every thing with AK , and T-84P is not a good option for many reasons(not the tank but the country) so what we did in OPLOT deal is just great.
Now @Zarvan will be dammmm happy , if the news is true........

Options are many but they are not available , for many reasons ,deep pockets are only one , And also I guess PA is impressed by T-90s performance in Syria ... But I do agree PA's approach is great to have a tank that suits you the most....
In the end we need tanks , and we do know AK will take time and we can not replace every thing with AK , and T-84P is not a good option for many reasons(not the tank but the country) so what we did in OPLOT deal is just great.
I am trying to figure it out that is T-90 separate from Al Haider project or not. What I know is under AL HAIDER project Pakistan may test VT 4 and OPLOT P again if not already testing so I want to know whether T-90 is part of same project or different.

@Horus @balixd @DESERT FIGHTER @Dazzler

Chacha ji Oplot is a variant of T84:D. T90 is limited as we discussed few pages back as it is based on the T72 chassis. T80 chassis gives you the choice for mod's which is limited in T90.

Chacha ji Oplot is a variant of T84:D. T90 is limited as we discussed few pages back as it is based on the T72 chassis. T80 chassis gives you the choice for mod's which is limited in T90.
First confirm whether T-90 is part of AL HAIDER project or different. I doubt it's part of AL HAIDER project

T-84 OPLOT is not for Al-Haider as per news so far , and T-90s cant be ...... I can only tell for Al-Haider we need a tank with Full TOT............
I am trying to figure it out that is T-90 separate from Al Haider project or not. What I know is under AL HAIDER project Pakistan may test VT 4 and OPLOT P again if not already testing so I want to know whether T-90 is part of same project or different.

@Horus @balixd @DESERT FIGHTER @Dazzler

:enjoy:..... I hope and pray if we buy T-90 they serve Pakistan the best and OPLOT can upgrade our T-80s and also can help us in AK-2

T-84 OPLOT is not for Al-Haider as per news so far , and T-90s cant be ...... I can only tell for Al-Haider we need a tank with Full TOT............

:enjoy:..... I hope and pray if we buy T-90 they serve Pakistan the best and OPLOT can upgrade our T-80s and also can help us in AK-2
Than are you saying we may go for Altay because I have heard of Altay also as Al Haider

Than are you saying we may go for Altay because I have heard of Altay also as Al Haider
Once I've been told PA will look for 55+T tank,,,,,,,, so any thing can happen , If Altay can come down to 54t to 55t we can...... or if VT-4 can go up to 53t to 54t we can go for that.............

Once I've been told PA will look for 55+T tank,,,,,,,, so any thing can happen , If Altay can come down to 54t to 55t we can...... or if VT-4 can go up to 53t to 54t we can go for that.............
VT-4 has no chance, OPLOT P will most likely come as AL HAIDER project. Ukraine is offering full TOT of OPLOT, VT 4 is not good and we are not satisfied. As for Altay and T-90 they can separately as we have massive Tanks to replace pretty much 2000 + Tanks and one Tank can't replace all not even two so we would need 3 Tanks to do the job.

VT-4 has no chance, OPLOT P will most likely come as AL HAIDER project. Ukraine is offering full TOT of OPLOT, VT 4 is not good and we are not satisfied. As for Altay and T-90 they can separately as we have massive Tanks to replace pretty much 2000 + Tanks and one Tank can't replace all not even two so we would need 3 Tanks to do the job.
I too have doubts on VT-4 ,,,,,, If we are going to have AK-2 , VT-4 make no sense for Al-Haider...
What if We go for Altay as Al-Haider?? What if we will buy 100 OPLOT and upgrade older T-80uds to there stander?? And what if we stick to AK ,,,,, that will be 3 tanks with 60% to 70% similarities , that leave T-90 , if T-90 program have 30% to 40% with other 3 that will be great.......
In short 4 tanks (3 almost same , 1 different) .

First confirm whether T-90 is part of AL HAIDER project or different. I doubt it's part of AL HAIDER project

Chacha ji and Hazrat I think we have overshot on the conversation here, There is nothing solid to go on as of yet. The only thing we have at present that is concrete suggests Oplot has the heaviest tilt towards it as the interest is openly visible.

T90 is a new entrance into the Jargon with no solid affirmation beyond interest displayed in the product. But we have AK1 with improved AK2 coming soon.

We will have to be patient and wait as it appears. so let the waiting games begin :enjoy:

I too have doubts on VT-4 ,,,,,, If we are going to have AK-2 , VT-4 make no sense for Al-Haider...
What if We go for Altay as Al-Haider?? What if we will buy 100 OPLOT and upgrade older T-80uds to there stander?? And what if we stick to AK ,,,,, that will be 3 tanks with 60% to 70% similarities , that leave T-90 , if T-90 program have 30% to 40% with other 3 that will be great.......
In short 4 tanks (3 almost same , 1 different) .
Janab AK 1 will come and AK 2 will but still we need at least 1500 other Tanks in future. And we have never gone with one Tank. So AL HAIDER Project most likely is OPLOT P, question is whether T-90 is part of AL HAIDER project or different than AL Haider as for Altay well first let it enter production than we can talk about it.

Chacha ji and Hazrat I think we have overshot on the conversation here, There is nothing solid to go on as of yet. The only thing we have at present that is concrete suggests Oplot has the heaviest tilt towards it as the interest is openly visible.

T90 is a new entrance into the Jargon with no solid affirmation beyond interest displayed in the product. But we have AK1 with improved AK2 coming soon.

We will have to be patient and wait as it appears. so let the waiting games begin :enjoy:
Bro I have my doubts too, I have my horses well under control............ I also said if news is true or if we go for t-90........... but point here is PA need tanks and HIT busy in AK and may be OPLOT (up gradation of T-80s),,,,, that make this news extra spicy 400 to 500 tanks Purchase.......... that can quickly add numbers and replace older tanks.

Janab AK 1 will come and AK 2 will but still we need at least 1500 other Tanks in future. And we have never gone with one Tank. So AL HAIDER Project most likely is OPLOT P, question is whether T-90 is part of AL HAIDER project or different than AL Haider as for Altay well first let it enter production than we can talk about it.
Janab AK-1 is already coming..............

Back
Top Bottom