What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Honest question.

Is the gap between the Oplot-M or MBT-3000 and - let's say - a heavily upgraded al-Khalid with a redesigned turret, next-gen composite armour tech, 1,500 hp diesel engine, new transmission, and updated electronics significant? In fact, the Oplot and MBT-3000 are late model developments of the T-84 and MBT-2000, respectively (but with the above changes in engine, etc).

We literally own the MBT-2000 platform, so why couldn't we just make al-Khalid II into an Oplot-M/MBT-3000 competitor? Cost can't be a real reason if someone is floating the idea of buying another tank model that isn't that much of a developmental leap from the al-Khalid. With the right subsystems - and a re-designed turret and next-gen armour tech - we could make an equivalent.

If we want another tank model, then we should be aiming for an entirely distinct category, e.g. very heavy (Altay) or very light (or I daresay unmanned). Not sure why another 45-55-ton tank design was even being considered, except perhaps to confirm design aspirations for a future al-Khalid...

@Arsalan @That Guy @Dazzler
Here are my two cents on this.
Just speculating, i wont be surprised if the PA and HIT are thinking EXACTLY on the same lines as you have pointed out. That is associating the future with a modernized version of Al-Khalid, a tank based on the same system. Now whether it is called AK-II or Haider or whatever, just leave that for a moment.

It is true that currently we are looking at new tanks options in the exact same category as the existing AK so what if the interest in all those tank systems is actually for your proposed project of AK modernization? What if buying a few of those tanks a deal sweetener, a mean to get hands on all those goodies that will actually help take AK to the next level. Things like engine, new Armour, all the subsystems!!

In short, may be we are planning to explain AK and take it to the next level and all the activity we see related to selection of a new MBT is just a mean to the end. :) I wont be the first time :P

Will somebody here would like to share AL KHALID II pics. I know prototype of AL KHALID II exists and few think tanks and mods on this forum also have those pictures so please share them. I think there is no need to hide them anymore.

I agree. Let us steal a peak at the prototype photos. This suspense gone on for too long.

Dear colleagues. Which one of you can answer the question. What made Al-Khalid tanks Mk.1 as the 2015 Pakistan?

Guys I am hearing is AK 2 has been completed and Pakistan is pretty much ready to reveal it. Now if isn't reveal at this IDEAS the pictures may come out soon so members who have good contacts with HIT should try to get the pictures and also details of AL KHALID II. Also I think we should re name AL KHALID II. My suggestions are either Bilal after Hazrat Bilal Habshi RA or Zubair after Hazrat Zubair RA.

@Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER

Guys I am hearing is AK 2 has been completed and Pakistan is pretty much ready to reveal it. Now if isn't reveal at this IDEAS the pictures may come out soon so members who have good contacts with HIT should try to get the pictures and also details of AL KHALID II. Also I think we should re name AL KHALID II. My suggestions are either Bilal after Hazrat Bilal Habshi RA or Zubair after Hazrat Zubair RA.

@Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER
:close_tema::hitwall:

Been hearing @Zarvan say this the day I joined the forum :D :D.
No this friends have visited HIT and seen it. It was first time HIT guys allowed people to see but no photos were allowed. The question is will it be shown at IDEAS or not because it's ready but when we want to bring it forward depends on HIT and Army. I am really hoping they come with it at this IDEAS but HIT has a great past of disappointing us at IDEAS.

Dear colleagues.
Artillery systems for the production of Al-Khalid tanks Mk.1 Pakistan produces itself or buys in China?

Who can explain to me. Why Pakistan buys tanks Mk.1 Al-Khalid tank engines in Ukraine, but not in China. What is the reason?

Back
Top Bottom