What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Barri jaldi pata chala aap ko... HIT brochures and website itself is listing both the variants..
Bro there is a third Tank on display also I am talking about that one. I am not talking about two variants AK and AK 1. There is a third Tank on display that is not Al Zarrar neither is AK.

If you look carefully and watch this program carefully you would notice there are three Tanks on display at HIT stall. Two are AK 1 and AK versions. And than when the Colonel moves to show protector to host there is another Tank visible at the back which camera also shows for few seconds. Which Tank is that ? You can watch about HIT stall after 20th minute
@DESERT FIGHTER @Horus @Dazzler @Manticore
'Take a screenshot..

ak.jpg

its Alzarrar
I am not doubting you Sir but a friend is saying that AK 2 is saying this which is making me confused

Al-Khalid Tank ...
Zarvan Bin Sajid AK-1 'll be inducted pretty Soon having Same Specs like AK with Integrated Control of top mounted gun from inside Tank & AK-2 is still under R&D process.
#Ideas2016

15170821_1135792609839323_2837921985506951631_n.jpg

But another friend says his cousin visited HIT and was shown AK 2 and also sat in it. But was not allowed to take pictures. He went there with some relative who is military Officer.That is why I am seriously confused now !!!!

15134675_153758351766698_144838361840254589_n.jpg

By the way this is showing Al ZARRAR. That one is not Al Zarrar Sir.

@Dazzler @DESERT FIGHTER

Last edited:
Their is no such thing as AK II at this point in time.
Right now HIT has started low rate production of AK I. till the time the tank factory is fully upgraded

First Published: Thursday, November 24, 2016 - 16:45
Minister for Defence Production Rana Tanveer

The Minister also announced that another agreement was signed with Ukraine for the upgradation of 200 al-Khalid-1 tanks.

The Al-Khalid or "The Immortal Tank", is a main battle tank developed in a joint venture between China and Pakistan in the 1990s. It is powered by a Ukrainian diesel engine.

Talking to media, Tanveer said Ukraine defence industry is one of the most advanced in the world, which also produced battle tanks for the Russian army.

IANS

Their is no such thing as AK II at this point in time.
Right now HIT has started low rate production of AK I. till the time the tank factory is fully upgraded

Confirmed by HIT... Its under development.. improved protection and 1500hp engine...

it also confirm the ASELSAN pod integration with JF-17, more importantly it will be in our inventory 'within this year'
Turkish company are making some serious stuff. From night vision and targeting pod to MRL which are equipped with guided rockets. Also Anti Tank Missiles and APC and IFV. We have great potential and should get most weapons with TOT. Only than HIT and other companies can get there hands on latest technology and experience to make them and get rid of upgrading old stuff over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom