What's new

Al Jazeera's English channel in India soon

Bad move. :)

Ahmad,

Frankly no one in India ,except some Ummah-ites give two hoots about what is happening in Palestine,ME,Iraq for the simple reason it doesnt affect us.

My only concern is what will be the reporting standars when it comes to issues sensitive to India. For example the recent verdict of Ayodhya - Jazeera being a Islamic channel may concentrate on only one side of the story and we will not be able to see the other part. Forget us,we know the real situation.what about the Middle East ? Will not the opinion on Indians be skewed?

That is my concern.

i think they has just got permission to downlink the signals of their international channal into india....they not have a broadcasting uplinking rights from india...

just because few veiwers are added from india , i don't think they will change the format of their international broadcasting..

anyway , even CNN & BBC source live signals from indian channals to show any india related news..

KS, dont forget that you guys have got the biggest population of muslims in any country in the world!! Palestine matters to every muslims, it is a flashpoint for us. A hindu indian will not care about palestine, but a muslim indian will care. On the other hand, AJ do have programmes and reports from all over the world, not just ME.

True,but that is just 1/6 of the Hindu population and in a communally sensitive nation like India ,its just my instinct that Al-Jazeera will not be a good fit.

Its not that they are bad,but they may not be suitable for us.

P.s.: I may be wrong.but thats just my instinct as I said.

Back
Top Bottom