What's new

Al Jazeera's English channel in India soon

We have enough heart-bleeding intellectuals like Suzanna Arundhati Roy and Medha Patkar. Getting in biased propaganda machines like Al Jazeera would further threaten Indian identity.

This channel shouldn't be allowed.

Biased? how it will be biased to show the ground realities in Indian occupied Kashmir? In Maoist areas, in Manipur or to show social ills which is nothing news and had been shown on many other countries too.

It shows you are aware of your flawed policy and false claims thats why you are scared

One report on Naxalites, another on Kashmir.. and they will be banned again.

:agree: proves that India is standing on a shaky ground viz a viz its false claims on Kashmir.

And real situation on Naxals

We have enough heart-bleeding intellectuals like Suzanna Arundhati Roy and Medha Patkar. Getting in biased propaganda machines like Al Jazeera would further threaten Indian identity.

This channel shouldn't be allowed.

Gahh dude mere Al Jazeera won't threaten anything. One can get as much propaganda he/she wants from Internet. Those who will be subscribing to Al Jazeera should also be web connected.

Besides unlike Pakistan, there is a law in place in India of ownership in foreign investment ventures wherein the bigger percentage of ownership remained with Indians whereas foreigners have the lesser part.

Same applies to media ventures in India

Besides unlike Pakistan, there is a law in place in India of ownership in foreign investment ventures wherein the bigger percentage of ownership remained with Indians whereas foreigners have the lesser part.

Same applies to media ventures in India

No, foreign medias are allowed to broadcast to India but if they want to Broadcast from India then they need to have a joint venture with Indian firm.

Al Jazeera is a good news channel, But to sell its news to local viewers of India it will also turn into 10 kadam type reporting standard.

:agree: proves that India is standing on a shaky ground viz a viz its false claims on Kashmir.

And real situation on Naxals

Doesn't prove anything, ma'm.

Compared to Al Jazeera, India TV is like CNN.

Al Jazeera is neutral and much less biased (kinda like BBC) but that might pose a problem as they show what is happening in Kashmir. Might have to get censored.

Al Jazeera is a good news channel, But to sell its news to local viewers of India it will also turn into 10 kadam type reporting standard.

lol that means you know nothing about Indian media and your opinion is formed only on seeing one side of it.

One report on Naxalites, another on Kashmir.. and they will be banned again.

with due respect buddy, but what is the difference between taliban and india? i do hope that IG dont take that route.

Wasn't this channel banned 5 years ago? It has a very strong politically biased opinion of the world and therefore doesn't fit to be categorized as a neutral and impartial source of knowledge for Indian public.

It is not a very good news. Having been once to Dubai, I am aware of the channel's way of projecting world opinion (much to the delight of PDF's thought process and dismay of Indians here). Despite hiring international news reporters, the channel has a heavy anti and pro side which doesn't exactly favour Indian political stand indirectly.

Such a channel would have negative influence on the easily gullible population of India. And if I remember correctly, the reason of its ban in India was its "tacit support of militancy and its affiliated matters".

It is good to have this biased channel(as you call it, not me) to counter the other biased channles like sky, fox, cnn etc. Al Jazeera is mostly concentrating on the issues of ME and especially the palestinian issue, they show things that the other channells are never willing to show with regards to palestine, and trust me it is not biased, go and watch and judge for yourself, they do interview with all sides, and when they prepare reports they include everything and everyone in it, i dont know how we can call it biased? and their reports and programmes about global issues is also good, they have reports/programmes etc and many different political, social, commercial etc issues. i usually watch al jazeera whenever i got time.

Whatever it will be biased or not , I am hoping it will not become another news channel which telecast all the crap material all the day like India TV, AJ Tak, Only reliable news channel which is showing good news is DD news and Times now. Rest all channel are more of entertainment channel rather than news channel.

It should be an interesting channel to watch besides BBC. I do not watch CNN much but do watch the BBC.

with due respect buddy, but what is the difference between taliban and india? i do hope that IG dont take that route.

I agree, mate. IG does not take that route. Naxalism however is a sensitive issue and cannot be sensationalized or be victim to biased, selective reporting. (as is the method of AJ)

Back
Top Bottom