What's new

Al Jazeera's English channel in India soon

, selective reporting. (as is the method of AJ)

I have seen AJ reporting on india about various issues, only once regarding maoists. As a matter of fact it had very special programmes on the last general election in india which the other channells such as bbc, cnn etc didnt have it.

I have seen AJ reporting on india about various issues, only once regarding maoists. As a matter of fact it had very special programmes on the last general election in india which the other channells such as bbc, cnn etc didnt have it.

What do you think about this report ?

It was made during the rising Indo-China tensions.

Last edited by a moderator:
can you please tell me what is the bad side of this report according to india as i dont know much about this issue.

Bad move. :)

It is good to have this biased channel(as you call it, not me) to counter the other biased channles like sky, fox, cnn etc. Al Jazeera is mostly concentrating on the issues of ME and especially the palestinian issue, they show things that the other channells are never willing to show with regards to palestine, and trust me it is not biased, go and watch and judge for yourself, they do interview with all sides, and when they prepare reports they include everything and everyone in it, i dont know how we can call it biased? and their reports and programmes about global issues is also good, they have reports/programmes etc and many different political, social, commercial etc issues. i usually watch al jazeera whenever i got time.

Ahmad,

Frankly no one in India ,except some Ummah-ites give two hoots about what is happening in Palestine,ME,Iraq for the simple reason it doesnt affect us.

My only concern is what will be the reporting standars when it comes to issues sensitive to India. For example the recent verdict of Ayodhya - Jazeera being a Islamic channel may concentrate on only one side of the story and we will not be able to see the other part. Forget us,we know the real situation.what about the Middle East ? Will not the opinion on Indians be skewed?

That is my concern.

Al Jazeera's English Channel coming to India is the greatest News for all Indian Muslims.

Go Al Jazerra Go !!!

Bad move. :)

Ahmad,

Frankly no one in India ,except some Ummah-ites give two hoots about what is happening in Palestine,ME,Iraq for the simple reason it doesnt affect us.

My only concern is what will be the reporting standars when it comes to issues sensitive to India. For example the recent verdict of Ayodhya - Jazeera being a Islamic channel may concentrate on only one side of the story and we will not be able to see the other part. Forget us,we know the real situation.what about the Middle East ? Will not the opinion on Indians be skewed?

That is my concern.

KS, dont forget that you guys have got the biggest population of muslims in any country in the world!! Palestine matters to every muslims, it is a flashpoint for us. A hindu indian will not care about palestine, but a muslim indian will care. On the other hand, AJ do have programmes and reports from all over the world, not just ME.

KS, dont forget that you guys have got the biggest population of muslims in any country in the world!! Palestine matters to every muslims, it is a flashpoint for us. A hindu indian will not care about palestine, but a muslim indian will care. On the other hand, AJ do have programmes and reports from all over the world, not just ME.

Why will a Hindu Indian not care about Palestine ? I am a Hindu Indian and I care !

As Indians we are a community of many different communities integrated into each other, and we care about each others interests even if it does not directly affect us. Other than that we care for the Justice POV.

Many people think that Hindus are anti-Muslims and blindly support Jews when it comes to Palestine. That is wrong. I recommend you take a trip to India when you have the time to interact with common Indians and know for yourself.

nice to see indians embracing an open press and free speech.

oh wait..........

can you please tell me what is the bad side of this report according to india as i dont know much about this issue.

The whole report is flawed, biased, one sided, selective. They start of with stating that the region itself has cultural ties with China rather than India, hinting that this "kingdom" should belong to China (as the Chinese claim). Then they go on about how the reporter went through 6 check posts to get to the location. In the end the reporter mentioned he witnessed 10 army bases on his way here. So how can he go through just 6 check posts while passing 10 army bases ?

He never states the fact that he wouldn't even be allowed to do this in China and the build up on the Chinese side is much bigger than the Indian side.

I saw another AJ report where the reporter was getting gassed because she was standing in a zone where she isn't supposed to stand. Why is she standing there in the first place ? Is that called Journalism ? After watching these 2 I can conclude that AJ does not fit inside India's media spectrum.

Al Jazeera's English Channel coming to India is the greatest News for all Indian Muslims.

Go Al Jazerra Go !!!

WTF... What does the news channel have to do with Indian Muslims? Just another international corporate news channel in India... Does everything have to be about religion?

If you want Al Jazeera in America, it will cost you a fortune comparing to other International Cable news network

Al jazeera does have a stance that is different from the western media. They tend highlight the things that are going wrong in India . But I don't think they lie. They deserve to be shown in India and the people can decide their worth.

I see no problem Al Jazeera operating in India, I don't have a tv but if they also provide live streaming I'll sure bookmark them along with CNN-IBN, NDTV and Times Now. It's always better to know both sides of the coin.

I like to see both sides of the coin... it would be interesting to know how many people will be watching Al Jazeera in India. I like their reporting :tup: ... been watching their news snippets from youtube.

Not many people (masses) watch international news channels in India (my experience)... these days I see more people interested in local news channels. It would be nice if they introduce hindi reporting as well.

Back
Top Bottom