What's new

AK's from around the world

african-wedding.jpg

WTF WTF WTFFFFFFFF

Why do all SSG high rankers have scruffy yet very kempt and short beards with pointy mustaches? My army uncles always managed to find time for shaving during exercises and even combat duties...even dry shaving.....even my grandpa never relaxed in this department.....and my grandpa is General Moinudeen Haider.

Why do all SSG high rankers have scruffy yet very kempt and short beards with pointy mustaches? My army uncles always managed to find time for shaving during exercises and even combat duties...even dry shaving.....even my grandpa never relaxed in this department.....and my grandpa is General Moinudeen Haider.

They operate in FATA, so I'm guessing they have to look like local tribesmen.

They operate in FATA, so I'm guessing they have to look like local tribesmen.

Nah it something else. I have rarely seen even the SSG troops without these scruffy beards irrespective of where they are posted.

Nah it something else. I have rarely seen even the SSG troops without these scruffy beards irrespective of where they are posted.

Many Spec Ops Teams are allowed free way in terms of appearance. As they operate from behind enemy lines, they have to be able to 'fit in'.

And experience from US Spec Ops in Afghanistan, many operators recommend that others grow beards. Its helps with:

1. be taken seriously by the tribals. they are more exposed to the locals than some other units, and require more help from them.
2. building friendships with counterparts. No foreigner is going to trust you if you can't respect his/her culture
3. They look good.

Spec Ops teams aren't composed of steroid infused all brawn no brains. These guys are the best and brightest. They are selected due to their brains, languages, and understanding of foreign cultures and traditions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom