What's new

Akinci & Aksungur and Turkish Unmanned Fighter Aircraft Program

I'm talking about fighter jets, there is no way we're launching drones from Anadolu.
Well build a new carrier for that.

With AI-25 it would be similar to EADS Baracuda in term of performance. I hope it has a stealth design.
How did you come up with such assumption?

with 2x al-25 jet engine behalf of turboprop akıncı can launch maybe.
Takeoff distance would broadly depend on T/W , W/S and its Clmax. Higher wing loading would increase it and higher thrust to weight and Clmax would decrease the takeoff distance.
Just my inexperienced guess ANKA and Akinci would probably takeoff from Anadolu without assists.

How did you come up with such assumption?

Logic? They use engines with similar thrust so if Baykar goes for a single engine design, they would have similar performance. Of course Barracuda is a technology demonstrator for larger a design but it's still a good comparison IMO.

I was hoping for an engine with at least 40 kN thrust to compete with nEUROn and Taranis.

Well build a new carrier for that.

Anadolu was suposed to be used with F-35B jets so it's natural to look for alternative planes instead of building another billion dollar ship.

Logic? They use engines with similar thrust so if Baykar goes for a single engine design, they would have similar performance. Of course Barracuda is a technology demonstrator for larger a design but it's still a good comparison IMO.
Technically speaking you are very wrong. Just to be sure you are speaking of Akinci right?

We may not need a catapult at all. The plane can launch with a ski jump and land with arresting cable.
I was also wondering something along those lines...
For a moment i was tempted to calculate takeoff and landing distances for both Bayraktar and Anka :P
You could somehow launch the drones
images.jpeg

0d1fecdb2492243c4dfdfd7e298905f2.jpg

IMG_20200107_002351.jpg

avmir41.jpg

Swiss-Mirage_III.jpg

13629035634_fd63edc029_b.jpg

But don't forget bad weather and strong winds for landing:-) LHD and aircraft carriers are totally different structures.

Anyway for conclusion JATO drones from containers would be great surprise for enemies.they could land on highways .
mobile_rato_launchpad_fullsize.jpg

Last edited:
Serious question: Can akinci be launched from anadolu or not? For the libya conflict could be very useful after all pantsir can’t shoot down Akinci (40000 feet)

Serious question: Can akinci be launched from anadolu or not? For the libya conflict could be very useful after all pantsir can’t shoot down Akinci (40000 feet)
Since akıncı is a HALE drone, it can carry out operations from Turkish airbases.

It cannot. Akinci needs somewhere between 900m to 2000m of runway to take off. TCG anadolu is 230m long.

It cannot. Akinci needs somewhere between 900m to 2000m of runway to take off. TCG anadolu is 230m long.

Where do you get that info from, during the first test flight the Akinci took of from less than 50m. Fully laden with bombs it would take a longer runway but 900 to 2000m (2km!!!) is BS!

Taking of from 230m would probably not be the problem but the wingspan of the Akinci (20m) is the problem

Where do you get that info from, during the first test flight the Akinci took of from less than 50m. Fully laden with bombs it would take a longer runway but 900 to 2000m (2km!!!) is BS!

Taking of from 230m would probably not be the problem but the wingspan of the Akinci (20m) is the problem
FEBD8094-2035-4A40-BCFD-57FD7432F2B0.jpeg
105414C3-C21A-4C08-AA43-7711BCD1C99D.jpeg
D78020C7-53A5-40ED-86A3-691F32FCB287.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom