What's new

Akash SAM fails to hit target

Btw Lakshya is not a good target coz enemy planes will be flying faster than .65 mach....

Btw Lakshya is not a good target coz enemy planes will be flying faster than .65 mach....

Thats true but most of the SAMs are tested against such PTA, its not possible to test against costly aircrafts even if it is unmanned.

So what's the big deal? It was a 'test' for God's sake. Failures are bound to occur and that's why the need to test all systems to overcome glitches before operationalizing a weapon system.

So why sensationalize the issue?
thinking-026.gif

Back to the beer bar as there's nothing to see here!
drinking-55.gif

Could the reason behind the miss be the new radar system (Rajendra?)

So what's the big deal? It was a 'test' for God's sake. Failures are bound to occur and that's why the need to test all systems to overcome glitches before operationalizing a weapon system.

So why sensationalize the issue?
thinking-026.gif

Back to the beer bar as there's nothing to see here!
drinking-55.gif
Oh nobody is making it a big deal.. I remember this being a defence forum, what did you expect to find here?

oh BC. when ever I see such headlines, I believe the money is wasted. Akash project is been active since decade and they are still under 'may be yes no' condition.

these thing happen . in research you will have a lot of failures , its to be expected , learn from them correct the mistake and move on.

@Skull and Bones

Still a jet plane will be flying faster than 0.65 mach... most jets can be found in radar in 10 seconds, i don't think Akash is that advanced that it can track and using that information can determine where the jet will go...

@Skull and Bones

Still a jet plane will be flying faster than 0.65 mach... most jets can be found in radar in 10 seconds, i don't think Akash is that advanced that it can track and using that information can determine where the jet will go...

Speed is not a problem mate, Akash can touch speed in excess of 3.5 Mach. Hope this problem with the guidance system seems to be a glitch and will be rectified soon.

I just hope it is not a cheap sabotage attempt by the lobbyists and their agents just like how they tried to sabotage Arjun when DRDO challenged Army to pit it against T-90s.

It is very important that Akash's glitches are rectified because we cannot afford to keep delaying new versions.

I just hope it is not a cheap sabotage attempt by the lobbyists and their agents just like how they tried to sabotage Arjun when DRDO challenged Army to pit it against T-90s.

It is very important that Akash's glitches are rectified because we cannot afford to keep delaying new versions.
Exactly, we need to keep improving and using systems.

Back
Top Bottom