What's new

AK47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know in detail what kind of AK47s are available in Pakistan?

Hungarian made AKs are thought to be the best in quality and I am guessing they will be the most expensive. (if even available in Pakistan?)
There are Chinese made AKs which are reasonably good in quality and I remember reading somewhere that the government purchased a lot of these to arm some Lashkars. (Not sure if this true)

Lastly, there are a lot of negative reports on the AKs made by the tribals in Darra etc. Since these reports are mostly by pro US forces people, I take them with a grain of salt, even though I cant imagine the tribal manufactured AKs being that great in quality. Regardless, even those AKs have a reputation for reliability but I am guessing they are the cheapest AKs in Pak. I have seen the figure $30 thrown around a few times.

Well lets see, you can find authentic Russian military issue 47's and the odd 74's called "Kalakov", the most sought after locally amongst vadera's is the AKS-47 (Snubby).

Despite what you may believe Pakistan does make its own Ak Variant's official title: 7.62 SMG and SMG 47, and despite what you may think the weapons made in Derra a surprisingly robust. These people have made gunsmithing into an art, passed from father to son.

The Derra arm shops have been active since the Late 1920's reverse engineering and repairing flintlock and Musket's, did you know that derra arms were one of the first producers to make a pork free resin for the precussion rifle?

If you are looking for a good collectors item, then you must try a trusted vendor in the cities, if you have a keen eye and can spot a fake from 100 yards then try your luck with a few vendors in DI KHAN who can get you a bargain. However its a shame the frontier is just so unstable right now, otherwise no better place to go gun shopping then Dera Adam Khale.

Hi,

Actually one of the best copies of AK 47 were made by the fins---Valmet made a very high quality weapon---I at one time owned a Valmet M76---much much accurate than the russian AK and a very high quality finishing.

@MastanKhan
I had a look on google and youtube for the Valmet M76 and it seems to be nothing short of awesome.
Do you think its still possible to get the M76 in Pakistan? If yes, then where abouts?

@RescueRanger
I didn't know Pakistan had its own variant of the AK47. I couldn't find anything on it either. Are you sure? POF has licence on the G3 afaik.

@MastanKhan
I had a look on google and youtube for the Valmet M76 and it seems to be nothing short of awesome.
Do you think its still possible to get the M76 in Pakistan? If yes, then where abouts?

@RescueRanger
I didn't know Pakistan had its own variant of the AK47. I couldn't find anything on it either. Are you sure? POF has licence on the G3 afaik.

Hi,

I don't think that it is available in pakistan. I owned one in 1986 or 87 don't have it any more. It went out of production I believe in 1986. You maybe able to find them in Finland, indonesia or qatar. I had one with the wooden stock. A very simple weapon but really high quality.

Well to me Russian made Ak47 are the most effective because they use cold metal forging which greatly enhances the metallurgical qualities while the conventional heated forging yields to improper microscopic displacements which make the metal prone to cracking at higher temperatures.
684c8f0a25296391633372c550287f15.jpg

I read somewhere that in extreme cold like Siachen, G-3 does not work . That's why PA troops are issued AK-47's when posted at Siachen . ?

But why G-3 fail and Ak-47 work, as it is said that G-3 is also an extremely reliable rifle. ???

ITS IS THE BEST WEAPON WITH THE CHEAPEST OF PRICE!

ak 47 is no one in list of killing humen around the globe
no doubt reliable n cheap
but in pakistan copy is not good

I read somewhere that in extreme cold like Siachen, G-3 does not work . That's why PA troops are issued AK-47's when posted at Siachen . ?

But why G-3 fail and Ak-47 work, as it is said that G-3 is also an extremely reliable rifle. ???

The AK-47 is far more reliable than the G3. It is far more reliable than the M-16 series. It is in fact the most reliable assault rifle in the world. I have owned a Chinese version and fired thousands of rounds through it with no metal problems, breakages or difficulties. The AK-47 has become more popular to own here in America than the M-16.

Pk-10 is the pakistani copy of ak-47,,i guess was even displayed at IDEX in Turkey

In Pakistan they banned the purchase of Ak47, its very hard to get a license. But you can always get it illegally, would cost you around 40 000 rs :D

yes...i agree.n if someone want it da eazy way,then they should visit quetta..!you propbly get one in quetta.but i recommend u to visit chaman once..you'll get all sorts of weopons there at really low prices.without any documents.peace;)

Dont really know about original ones! however, a good well reputed arms & amu dealer can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom