What's new

Ajai Shukla: Making the Tejas fly

You still cant take out the fact that Shukla is a complete numbskull on defense matter whenever it involves Pakistan or China.
There is little realistic threat assessment, just jingoism.

For your Information Colnel Ajai Shukla is an Armourd Coprs Officer with 27 Yrs of Service Record.
Lets give him some credit for his experience and views....

He means to say that Over the years, one of the main reasons behind the slow progress of Tejastest program has been HALs slow rate of production of LCA LSPs. Test program is totally dependent on the number of planes available for flights. HAL has been very slow in churning out LSPs and busy in other projects like IJT etc.

I think he means cold.

That's logical explanation and not just IJT, HAL is busy in production of MKI and other fighters

That's logical explanation and not just IJT, HAL is busy in production of MKI and other fighters

'busy' is a word to be used sparingly with HAL :angel:

HAL has no incentive to take up additional work. Nobody gets fired over delay ....nobody gets extra credit if thing gets done on time. Its seniority based promotion ...if you are old enough ..you get promoted :enjoy:

For your Information Colnel Ajai Shukla is an Armourd Coprs Officer with 27 Yrs of Service Record.
Lets give him some credit for his experience and views....

With all due respects to your respect for A.S, but this is where I will depart. Having an ARMOURED CORPS officer writing on tanks or basic military strategy would be understandable but for someone like him to write on a totally different plane about fighter aircrafts and its development etc.. sorry mate, I would rather have an aerospace expert with SOLID knowledge on Tejas development comment on it rather than have someone like A.S . 27 years of service record in armoured corps doesn't make one a pilot or an expert in something as 'developing' as Tejas.

With all due respects to your respect for A.S, but this is where I will depart. Having an ARMOURED CORPS officer writing on tanks or basic military strategy would be understandable but for someone like him to write on a totally different plane about fighter aircrafts and its development etc.. sorry mate, I would rather have an aerospace expert with SOLID knowledge on Tejas development comment on it rather than have someone like A.S . 27 years of service record in armoured corps doesn't make one a pilot or an expert in something as 'developing' as Tejas.

Point Taken, But Most of Civilian Journalists writing on LCA cannt even explain Alpha forget RoT

^^ Alphacharlie - I totally agree with you on Indian civvie journalists hyperventilating their "news" about anything defence. Less said the better about Indian civvie journos reporting on defence matters :)

He was a colonel in the armor corps who has fought real wars for India, and personally commanded T-72s.

That doesn't qualify him to an defence expert in general, especially not for air force matters, not does it say anything about his personal point of views. He often showed his bias towards the US and suggested the procurement of F35 with completely silly arguments.
On army matters, he might offer some insight views, but otherwise he can't be taken as a reliable source for infos on defence matters.

That doesn't qualify him to an defence expert in general, especially not for air force matters, not does it say anything about his personal point of views. He often showed his bias towards the US and suggested the procurement of F35 with completely silly arguments.
On army matters, he might offer some insight views, but otherwise he can't be taken as a reliable source for infos on defence matters.

True, sometime he was very annoying when he was giving absurd arguments to scrap MMRCA deal completely like China is developing a 5th gen ac or a F-35 costs nearly same as a Rafale, no he has to take his words back since costs have already exceeded for F-35, US will not give TOT, maybe all F-35s will come in fly-away condition, too much strings attached & also many nations are in queue before India to take deliveries of F-35s & many have opted out of the program itself.

You still cant take out the fact that Shukla is a complete numbskull on defense matter whenever it involves Pakistan or China.
There is little realistic threat assessment, just jingoism.

Ajai Shukla is an ex-col of indian army who fought in kargil conflict .

Ajai+with+carbine+broadsword2.jpg

As far as i can remember Ajai Shukla burned much midnight oil telling india why india should go for US F-18 during the MMRCA selection process in his columns .

I agree that he is not an authority on aerospace matters. But look at the post I was responding to. He is more of an informed defense journo than most defense journos in India, and the suggestion that he shouldn't report on defense was the explicit part I was responding to. (Someone said he should report on kim kardashian than on defense.)

Yes, I know that his pitching of the F-35 was absurd. But he is still a decent defense JOURNALIST on all defense matters. Maybe not an expert, but good enough for a journo even on defence in general.

Back
Top Bottom