What's new

Airport Officials arrests passenger, seize arms

Traveling with Special Items: Firearms & Ammunition

That is the list of requirements posted on the TSA website wrt carrying firearms. Now the question is whether that man had declared the weapons at check-in and does he possess proper documents for the cargo.

The repost apparently says that the firearms and ammunition were apparently separate, the pistols were not loaded. So there is no offense there.

Geez. You people are making such a hue and cry about 11 handguns, which for all purposes may be legal. That guys isnt going to wage a war with 11 pistols now, is he?

Gubbi firstly i want to correct you on this! To bring weapons, bullet proof vests, tazers, mace, CS/CN, Espionage equipment, Night vision equipment or hi-sensitivity contact microphones a NOC: No Objection Certificate needs to be obtained via Ministry of Interior prior to the goods entering Pakistan.

The customs will also require a End User Certificate and there is a holding charge of weapons, furthermore unless stated in the NOC no prohibited bore ammunition or weapons may NOT be brought into the country without express permission of the Min. Interior or the Junior Secretary.

Now, we also have an issue of HOW did he get these into Pak, sorry but weapons need to be declared to the flight captain at the point of embarking and dis-embarking.

This will need to be addressed.

Arms stuff is almost always done through freight. Nobody carries 11 guns for blackmarket deals in his baggage.

1. Trying to hijack - attempt not successful -unlikely since long flight would have given him the chance

2. Smuggling guns for blackmarket deal - still unlikely

3. Bringing in guns for a mission - unlikely since you can get guns in Pakistan very easily

Don't know what's the likely scenario then.

Could be fond of guns and went overboard buying them ;)

US security checks are more stringent on the way into the USA then outboard travel. Still it is failure of the systems, that a person could travel with a so many guns and ammunition.

This guy might be trying to sell the branded guns in the blackmarket and make some quick money.

people travelling to and from Pakistan in NO WAY OR FORM can get away with carrying the armaments that this criminal was.

I mean, this is mind boggling!!!!!!!

even 11 civilian registered sporting arms and 200+ rounds of ammo would not be allowed to travel with ammunition on a CARGO flight!!

Gubbi firstly i want to correct you on this! To bring weapons, bullet proof vests, tazers, mace, CS/CN, Espionage equipment, Night vision equipment or hi-sensitivity contact microphones a NOC: No Objection Certificate needs to be obtained via Ministry of Interior prior to the goods entering Pakistan.

The customs will also require a End User Certificate and there is a holding charge of weapons, furthermore unless stated in the NOC no prohibited bore ammunition or weapons may NOT be brought into the country without express permission of the Min. Interior or the Junior Secretary.

Now, we also have an issue of HOW did he get these into Pak, sorry but weapons need to be declared to the flight captain at the point of embarking and dis-embarking.

So is there any word on if he had declared this to the TSA. Because if he did, then getting him to follow airline or destination specific requirements may not be the responsibility of TSA.

But extremely wierd scenario.. Too many cracks for things to fall thru...

Exactly. What I am trying to say here is apparently the person in question did not violate any international regulations while carrying firearms on an international flight (arms and ammo separate in sealed containers).

Checked-in baggage AFAIK, is always opened and checked. I always find mine opened even on domestic flights (they are courteous enough to attach a note saying that the baggage was opened). The person had probably declared the items before check-in and apparently had his baggage cleared for transport.

However, apparently the man did not take the necessary clearances from Pakistani authorities. PIA had cleared his cargo, so their regulations were not violated.

So, the problem lies with NOC, as you say, from Pakistani authorities, which the P.O.I. had to take. There was his mistake.

people travelling to and from Pakistan in NO WAY OR FORM can get away with carrying the armaments that this criminal was.

I mean, this is mind boggling!!!!!!!

even 11 civilian registered sporting arms and 200+ rounds of ammo would not be allowed to travel with ammunition on a CARGO flight!!

Abu, read the TSA regulations about carrying firearms on a flight. I have posted the requirements from their website on the previous page of this thread.

Or f**king terrorist sent by CIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. CIA is filled with such delinquents that they send in a person as a terrorist with only 11 hand guns and 240 rounds of ammo to take on the Pakistani security authorities!

Geez. You people are making such a hue and cry about 11 handguns, which for all purposes may be legal. That guys isnt going to wage a war with 11 pistols now, is he?

yes hue and cry....we have wild animal political ''activists'' from 2 parties in Karachi, shooting eachother.

we have gunmen (who are serving somebody(s) agenda) terrorizing people in parts of the country

we even have attacks in Masajid....

and you are talking about hue and cry? You can of course argue that there are already plenty of weapons in Pakistan, there is some truth to that. But we don't need any coming in, especially from a country of origin whom we call an ally.

If the man had proper documents, he wouldnt have been arrested --he would have been a free person. Obviously, he did not --that is why he's in trouble now ;)

and it is indeed disturbing that the man was cleared to board Flt PK 722 to Lahore from New York City.....FIA, CAA and all other concerned agencies must file complaint if they haven't already.

Props to airport police for their vigilance. Yes they should be rewarded for their good work.

We are facing multiple security issues in our country at this time. Vigilance is imperative. By people in uniform, and by civilians.

Abu, read the TSA regulations about carrying firearms on a flight. I have posted the requirements from their website on the previous page of this thread.

And you read this on top of this page!

This is really amazing to see how few Indians are trying to prove this guys innocent but had this been a Pakistani caught in India or America everyone would have been jumping around to call him terrorist!!

Exactly. What I am trying to say here is apparently the person in question did not violate any international regulations while carrying firearms on an international flight (arms and ammo separate in sealed containers).

Checked-in baggage AFAIK, is always opened and checked. I always find mine opened even on domestic flights (they are courteous enough to attach a note saying that the baggage was opened). The person had probably declared the items before check-in and apparently had his baggage cleared for transport.

However, apparently the man did not take the necessary clearances from Pakistani authorities. PIA had cleared his cargo, so their regulations were not violated.

So, the problem lies with NOC, as you say, from Pakistani authorities, which the P.O.I. had to take. There was his mistake.

Well it's not just a mistake its a breach of the law and one that under the new ATA he will be facing a Anti Terrorism Court for.

Wow. CIA is filled with such delinquents that they send in a person as a terrorist with only 11 hand guns and 240 rounds of ammo to take on the Pakistani security authorities!

only 11 hand guns and 240 rounds of ammo!!!!! Only!
He can kill many people, let say in bazar if he opens fire!
He can destabalise whole city with these ONLY 11 hand guns and 240 rounds of ammo. You just need one cruel act to destabalise normal life in a crowded city.

Does anyone know the background of this guy Rizwan Khurshid resident of Mughal Pura, Lahore

Background checks can help in identifying the motive of this person.

Well it's not just a mistake its a breach of the law and one that under the new ATA he will be facing a Anti Terrorism Court for.

Of course he will face the music by Pakistani authorities. He had to comply with their regulations, which he apparently did not. RR, you might get more info on this in the near future.

As to another member's comment about Indians defending him, I shall speak for my compatriots, if I may. Indians are NOT defending this guy against Pakistani regulations. No one is defending anyone here. What we are trying to say is some people are making such a hue and cry for bringing 11 handguns with only 240 rounds of ammo, while there are terrorist attacks in Pakistan on an almost daily basis where those terrorists use much more sophisticated weapons.

Apparently PIA and TSA did not find any gross violations and let the cargo through, while the much more important paperwork required from Pakistani authorities was not completed. That was a blunder on the part of the person and indeed, he will face music from your authorities.

But then blaming US and TSA for this is ridiculous, to say the least.

Of course he will face the music by Pakistani authorities. He had to comply with their regulations, which he apparently did not. RR, you might get more info on this in the near future.

Totally agree with you on this, and i hope the top brass reward the ASF and customs staff for their vigilance.

Back
Top Bottom