What's new

Aircrafts

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Which kind of aircrafts should Pakistan buy in the future after we have recieved F-16s and our JF-17s. Know that JF-17s will replace Mirages, F-7s, and A-5s and F-16s will do the same, and most likely will replace the older F-16s.

So the questions is after the delivery of F-16s and JF-17s what would be the ideal choice for Pakistan to go with? Should Pakistan go for Rafales? Which our ACM has denied, because it is too costly, and same with Eurofighter even if its not denied yet. Pakistan doesn't have that much money that it would go for fighters like Eurofighter, Rafale, JSF, or even J-XX.

These type of fighters are not just expensive but too costly to operate, maintain, and of course the problem of spare parts, that Pakistan would never get transfer of technology for these kind of fighters indeed.

In my opinion the J-10 and Gripen makes the only choice for Pakistan to go with. Gripen is not that costly and shows very good capability to counter any Indian Fighter in the inventory. Not just that it also has low maintainance and operational cost. If approved Gripen will bring the most qualitive weaponry in PAF, and will also provide data linking system. Erieye if bought with Gripen will have total integerated system of communication, and most likely all the fighters of PAF will be given this data linking/communication system.

However, if we see on the negative side. The Gripen is very bad in terms of if we get sanctions but seeing Pakistan going for 77 brand new F-16s. I think Pakistan knows that it will no way get sanctions with Gripen if bought. Also if Pakistan wants the gripen near 2012 it will be most likely be approved and will be bought because of war on terror, not just that with that much time Pakistan focus on navy will also be completed. Thus, we will have good amount of money to spend on our airforce and army.

I will not go in army because it is recieving good amount of money for making up weapons and developing different types of military equipment. Army is also recieving equipment with navy, but seeing PAF it is not recieving anything. So most likely PAF will have enough money by 2012 to buy a set of Gripens, or J-10.

Regarding J-10 it can be bought if J-10 can be mature enough meaning if it can get good electronics from the countries of Europe. WS-10 is also being develop for J-10, and seeing all these features J-10 can be a big beast by that time. There are already about more than 40 J-10s in Chinese inventory however it is unofficial, because of security reasons, but we can openly say that J-10 will also be available with good technologies in it by 2012 for PAF.

PAF has said that they have enough money to buy F-22's if they want to. Meaning that they have some pretty big bucks. J-10 seems the most obvious choice for PAF, since it's cheap, and coming from a very reliable source. But the down side is that their is'nt much information on J-10. The real information is only known to the officals.

My guess is that PAF too knows the real capabilites of J-10. Up till know i believe that J-10 is just a technology demonster for J-XX. But if J-10 is as good as other fighters out there then PAF might just buy J-10's, and iam guessing that PAF is in fact impressed by J-10 since they say that they don't want any american, european, or french fighters. :ChinaFlag: :PakistanFlag:

Ehmm so what do you guys think? Is there only two choices left Gripen and J-10 or there are some chances for Rafale and Typhoon too!?

I think, there is no need of J-10 and Gripen when we will have JF-17.
We have to focus on 4.5/5th generation fighters like Typhoon! :evil:

Well true but they are too costly to be acquired as of now. But then when the economy gets better those aircrafts then can be easily acquired.

Originally posted by Web Master@Oct 17 2005, 01:29 AM
Well true but they are too costly to be acquired as of now. But then when the economy gets better those aircrafts then can be easily acquired.
[post=881]Quoted post[/post]​

Well what i have said alot of times is that right now we should be happy with the new f-16s. and jf-17s. We know that india or any other country won't even think about attacking pakistan because USA is the the region.Most importantly USA is helping pakistan.So no country would even dare to think of going at war with Pakistan until USA leaves the region, which won't be for atleast 10-15 years.So instead of wasting our money on rafales and stuff we should look at our econmany.It is going pretty good right now but we should concerate more on ecmoney.So once USA leaves the region, pakistan would be a devloped country.So then Pakistan can decide if they want to buy eurofighters or make their own fighters. :bunny:

yea! :winner:
that's wat I m tryin 2 say......i.e......2...wait.
may b we aquire Jxx in future which will b cheaper than rafale n EU typhoon! :lmfao:

But I think we must keep our options open we judst not look for chinese cheaper equipment but also state of the art tech from EU like if we don't get F-16s then Grippen is good replacment and naval Mirage-Vs can be replaced by Naval version of Rafale.

Originally posted by Elitecommando@Nov 15 2005, 03:42 PM
But I think we must keep our options open we judst not look for chinese cheaper equipment but also state of the art  tech from EU like if we don't get F-16s then Grippen is good replacment and naval Mirage-Vs can be replaced by Naval version of Rafale.
[post=2943]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think that Gripen is a good replacement for F16. We should go for Eurofighter Typhoon in case we don't get F16 :victory: . I know that Eurofighter Typhoon is expensive than F16s but only 60 of them can make an impact. :bunny:

Originally posted by Elitecommando@Nov 15 2005, 09:42 AM
But I think we must keep our options open we judst not look for chinese cheaper equipment but also state of the art tech from EU like if we don't get F-16s then Grippen is good replacment and naval Mirage-Vs can be replaced by Naval version of Rafale.
[post=2943]Quoted post[/post]​

I heard that options for Mirage has been cut down due to that Mirage will be India's first pick. The most possible choice for another 4th generation fighter will be Gripen in my opinion, i know it is pretty close to F-16s and will not give as much damage that Rafale would, but still with another type of western aircraft like that will make a huge difference, also like i always say it will be a good integration of data linking and it will also bough numerous new weapons that PAF never have experienced with.

I mean even South Africa have chose Gripen why not us? :glare:

Can someone post a link to an article stating pakistan is interested in these aircrafts.. in my opinion Rafale is the best fighter out there

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 15 2005, 11:16 PM
I heard that options for Mirage has been cut down due to that Mirage will be India's first pick. The most possible choice for another 4th generation fighter will be Gripen in my opinion, i know it is pretty close to F-16s and will not give as much damage that Rafale would, but still with another type of western aircraft like that will make a huge difference, also like i always say it will be a good integration of data linking and it will also bough numerous new weapons that PAF never have experienced with.

I mean even South Africa have chose Gripen why not us? :glare:
[post=2978]Quoted post[/post]​

No dont foget that we are not trying to buy the Mirages but, France is trying to sell them to us.As far as I can see why would we want he Gripen when the f-16 is better than it.In my opinion the best thing to do RIGHT KNOW would be to CANCELL the F-16 sale and help the earthquake victims,Then when the JSF is ready for exports we should get 100-125 of them but until then i think that 200-250 jf-17 and 150 j-10's will do us good.....we should also jointly devolep the J-XX with China.

Originally posted by Kaiser@Nov 16 2005, 04:07 AM
No dont foget that we are not trying to buy the Mirages but, France is trying to sell them to us.As far as I can see why would we want he Gripen when the f-16 is better than it.In my opinion the best thing to do RIGHT KNOW would be to CANCELL the F-16 sale and help the earthquake victims,Then when the JSF is ready for exports we should get 100-125 of them but until then i think that 200-250 jf-17 and 150 j-10's will do us good.....we should also jointly devolep the J-XX with China.
[post=2990]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree we could buy Mirages in 90s. PAF even took estimate of them, but it was just too expensive, so Pakistan went ahead with buying more F-7s so they can fulfill the numbers in air force and it went ahead straight with JF-17 project. I think PAF's main goal is to make JF-17 equivilant to Mirage-2000-5 I hope it succeeds

About your point of view on Gripen, that you think that F-16s are better than Gripen than i think your wrong. I agree they are both good fighters and match at certain extenet but Gripen is a totally new aircraft and will have available upgrades in the future, not just that it also have integrated data linking system for better communication, which Sweden commited that it will provide data linking system with all the other fighter planes in the PAF, which will later linked with Erieye for even better communication ability.

I think F-16 is a good deal that we have gotten its cheap and pretty advanced for us, the F-16 has rid off many threats like Mig-21s, Mig-29, Mirages 2000s, Jagurs, etc. F-16 will provide a very good support to PAF since it will be a multirole and PAF has a very good experience with it, not just that PAF will sure love the new Block 50s because of its improvements and upgrades. There is a need for another 4th generation fighter what so ever, but when we choose another 4th generation fighter we will need to keep in mind that we have to counter Su-30MKI with its same class, and also look at the threat of India's shopping spree in the future.

I think Grippen is better choice than F-16 in future as Pakistan also looking for Erieye so it may be a better team for PAF.

well i think paf should buy Raffel or J-10 to compeat with SU-30MKI and new 126 multi role jet for IAF may be super hornet or MIG-35 super falcrum so we must prepare for new126 multi roles

Back
Top Bottom