What's new

Aircraft carrier Liaoning vs Vikramaditya

Yeah I am wrong, because keep thinking CM 400 AKG same as YJ-12 ( but engine different )
If China supply Pakistan CM-400 AKG to threaten India aircraft carrier, then India could provide Vietnam Brahmos ( air launch ) missile for threaten Chinese Liaoning ...

Brahmos ( upgraded ) could fit many to Vietnam :
1. Air : Su30MK2
2. Submarine : 636
3. Floating warship
4. Ground : Vietnam has Bastion systems with Yakhont missile already

Well Bhramos and Yakhont are almost the same design with just an upgraded guidance and avionics system that is around 10% better than the Yakhont. But the Yakhont is cheaper than the Bhramos and hence I prefer the Vietnamese to go to a ship launched version of the Yakhont. The Air Launched version of Bhramos is still to be tested and the Bhramos dosen't fit in the tubes of the 636. So the Klub will be an apt choice for the air launched and submarine launched missiles.

from strategypage
January 29, 2013: Last November China announced that it had its first export customer (Pakistan) for its new CM-400AKG supersonic cruise missile. This is the export version of the YJ-12, which was supposed to have entered service a decade ago but has not actually been seen until recently. The YJ-12 was known to be in development in the late 1990s. It entered service in small numbers a decade ago and then disappeared. The YJ-12 was to be used on the navy land-based JH-7 bombers. This missile is also meant for use on ships and mobile ground launchers.

With a max range of 250 kilometers and a guidance system that includes GPS, onboard radar, and an image recognition system that can identify a specific target, the YJ-12/CM-400AKG uses its high speed to evade defenses on ships. In all these respects the CM-400AKG is very similar to the Indo-Russian BrahMos. One major difference between the two missiles is that the CM-400AKG still appears to be in development and there is no evidence of tests. This “sale” may be a ploy by the Chinese manufacturer to determine if it will be worth the huge expense to actually make this missile work. The YJ-12 itself appears to have finally entered service. At least there are now photos of several YJ-12s in what appears to be an air base. In addition there are the sales efforts for the export version and the announcement that Pakistan was the first customer. Meanwhile, China relies on a number of slower anti-ship missiles.

Please quite some reputable website. Strategy page is know to be a monkey website written by some monkey who don't know even what garbage they are talking. I can be sure even moderator of here can agree with me.

CM-400 has smaller range,is only mach4-5 in its terminal stgae,is nowhere near as smart or manueverable as brahmos/yakhont/klub and infact can't even hit fast moving targets.

CM-400 has smaller range,is only mach4-5 in its terminal stgae,is nowhere near as smart or manueverable as brahmos/yakhont/klub and infact can't even hit fast moving targets.

ROFL it is a alot smaller missile too, They are two complete different missiles with different mission requirements.

So says the guy who compares two different class of missiles to each other. Of course you fail to see the irony of that. :coffee:

He compared to different class of AShM missiles . What is the irony in that ??

He compared to different class of AShM missiles . What is the irony in that ??

1. They are two different class of missiles.
2. They have different roles and mission specifications.

It is like comparing apples and oranges. You show your ignorance when you do that kind comparisons. ok?

1. They are two different class of missiles.
2. They have different roles and mission specifications.

It is like comparing apples and oranges. You show your ignorance when you do that kind comparisons. ok?

Fair enough . But I don't find any irony in comparing both and discussing the pros and cons , after all this forum has many such comparison of entirely different systems .

Fair enough . But I don't find any irony in comparing both and discussing the pros and cons , after all this forum has many such comparison of entirely different systems .

Then perheps members of this forum should stop comparing different systems. What insights does it provide comparing apples and oranges?

In brief,

S300 system is for air defense purpose
while everyone discussing about antiship (anti-aircraft carrier ) missiles,

Please quite some reputable website. Strategy page is know to be a monkey website written by some monkey who don't know even what garbage they are talking. I can be sure even moderator of here can agree with me.

Is it not true that we all human is from monkey origin ?
You Chinese always call other who you don't like as monkey ...
Be not impolite like that ...

Is it not true that we all human is from monkey origin ?
You Chinese always call other who you don't like as monkey ...
Be not impolite like that ...

It not about impolite. But its proven strategypage is just operate and written by some white trash who like to post their facist view and not fact. It has proven so many times that the crap article they post is so wrong..

Professional military webpage always stay clear of strategypage. If you don't believe check out with the moderator of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom