What's new

Air power on the cheap

IAF should buy it to replace MiG-21s.... Lolz...

One day we will going to hear the news that India is no more...

I am not seeing India as a country by 2015.
well indias economy is much beter than your countries i guess argentina should buy them ASAP :omghaha:

well indias economy is much beter than your countries i guess argentina should buy them ASAP :omghaha:

Argentina and other South American countries wants to buy JF-17s Block-II along with its dual seat and also K-8s and Super Mushak.

Later on will look towards J-31s...

IAF should buy it to replace MiG-21s.... Lolz...

One day we will going to hear the news that India is no more...

I am not seeing India as a country by 2015.

while you and your people look at falklands and said, "so close, yet so far"

oh wait, is it falkland or malvinas, because falkland sounds better to my anglophile ears

oh did kirchner just bought brand new mirage planes from espana? i bet it can go toe to toe with eurofighter typhoon. besides, there's only 4(yes FOUR) typhoon stationed in falkland at any given time.

suck it up, boludo

UAV's cannot replace an A-10 armed with multiple Mavericks and a GAU-8 (plus a human who can act independently, and quickly) when dealing with enemy armor or emplacements.

LANTIRN, Helfire, BLU-108 - these have nothing to do with A-10 vulnerabilities. The objection is that these (A-10's, Su-25) are too vulnerable, and you list offensive weapons? That makes no sense.

Any CAS needs to be accompanied by air superiority (temporary or permanent) and appropriate countermeasures for remaining AD... HARM, ECM, flares, etc.

There is internal armor (a lot of it) in the A-10. A 23mm shell cannot penetrate the cockpit area from below. They are survivable, agile, and effective, made even more so by a new generation of intelligent offensive weapons.
For CAS u need:
1) detect ground targets.
2) destroy them.

In 70-es virtually the only mean to detect ground targets was naked eye. For destruction we had guns and dumb bombs + small number of laser guided E/O missiles which were expensive. Thats why slow moving armored planes were introduced, which could fly over battlefield and detect targets and destroy them with guns. Still it was a pretty suicide mission. And with enemy fighters in the air it would be a triple suicide.

Now days we have so many new means to detect ground targets: megapixel FLIRs, SAR radars, radars with GMTI, UAVs. And means to destroy targets from stand off ranges are also much cheaper and numerous. So there is no need to fly slowly over battlefield.

Back
Top Bottom