What's new

Air India's Boeing 787 Dreamliner touches down at Delhi's IGI airport

Even though the A380 has a lot more capacity, the Dreamliner is way better than that oversized behemoth...lol...

Just my opinion...

I agree, the logic behind the A380 is flawed-bigger is not always better and some airlines have thought with their egos rather than their brains. The 787 is the way to go for sure.

You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

An aircraft that can carry upto 800 people, to 15,000 km+ distance , with an average speed of 945 km/h , at an attitude of 42,000 feet+ is just a revolution in human flight!!!

A6-EDC_Emirates_Airbus_A380-861_ILA_2012_panorama.jpg

Also, Emirates A380s have THE BEST seating/business class in the world..Have a look. You have your own complete suite..lol

emirates_overiewCabin3.jpg

Boeing 787 is a completely different aircraft and can not be compared with A380!

Emirates airline is buying A-380s in huge number. They are the largest operator of A-380s already. With this, Emirates Airline can rose to the status of one of the best/largest global airlines!!!!

Not been on a Air India flight usually I go with Jet or Gulf but I hope Air India improves and becomes profitable as it is the national carrier perhaps some much needed marketing is needed.

Not been on a Air India flight usually I go with Jet or Gulf but I hope Air India improves and becomes profitable as it is the national carrier perhaps some much needed marketing is needed.

The problem with Air India is that unlike other airlines where if a route is unprofitable they can scrap that route, but for Air India that is not the case they are flying at loss at some routes because the government is forcing it run flights there.

An aircraft that can carry upto 800 people, to 15,000 km+ distance , with an average speed of 945 km/h , at an attitude of 35,000 km+ is just a revolution in human flight!!!

Also, Emirates A380s have THE BEST seating/business class in the world..Have a look. You have your own complete suite..lol

Boeing 787 is a completely different aircraft and can not be compared with A380!

Sir, you need to understand there are 2 different ideologies at work here. Boeing and Airbus as the two largest commercial manufactures on the planet needed to bring out next generation air craft for the 21st century. Airbus as such, went for the philosophy of building the biggest airliner possible- much like Boeing had done with the 747. The idea being you transport as many passengers as possible generating the highest revenue possible. The Bosing philosophy behind the 787 was to transport less passengers compared to the A380 but to transport these passengers as cheaply, efficently and frugally as possible and to their destination. The A380 is a hub-hub transport as there are VERY few airports in the world able to handle this giant whereas the 787 flies direct flights giving convenicene to passengers and operators alike.

The two CAN be compared as they are the next generation of flying and the solutions the two aero giants of the world have come up with. It remains to be seen whether the airlines of the world get behind the giant with its limitations or the smaller, more frugale and more efficient airliner- my bet is the latter. The world is changing and when the A380'was envisioned the world was a different place today the Dreamliner is very much the plane of today and tomorrow.

The problem with Air India is that unlike other airlines where if a route is unprofitable they can scrap that route, but for Air India that is not the case they are flying at loss at some routes because the government is forcing it run flights there.

Indeed- AI is used as an arm of the govt in many respects. As such whilst some routes are unprofitable they are deemed as nessercary by the GoI for security or strategic purposes and this have to fly at a loss in many cases. Making profits less attainable.

Sir, you need to understand there are 2 different ideologies at work here. Boeing and Airbus as the two largest commercial manufactures on the planet needed to bring out next generation air craft for the 21st century. Airbus as such, went for the philosophy of building the biggest airliner possible- much like Boeing had done with the 747. The idea being you transport as many passengers as possible generating the highest revenue possible. The Bosing philosophy behind the 787 was to transport less passengers compared to the A380 but to transport these passengers as cheaply, efficently and frugally as possible and to their destination. The A380 is a hub-hub transport as there are VERY few airports in the world able to handle this giant whereas the 787 flies direct flights giving convenicene to passengers and operators alike.

The two CAN be compared as they are the next generation of flying and the solutions the two aero giants of the world have come up with. It remains to be seen whether the airlines of the world get behind the giant with its limitations or the smaller, more frugale and more efficient airliner- my bet is the latter. The world is changing and when the A380'was envisioned the world was a different place today the Dreamliner is very much the plane of today and tomorrow.

Indeed- AI is used as an arm of the govt in many respects. As such whilst some routes are unprofitable they are deemed as nessercary by the GoI for security or strategic purposes and this have to fly at a loss in many cases. Making profits less attainable.

A380 can be used for 'point to point' flights. A country like Japan will find A380 as VERY useful because it would be able to transport 800 passengers in ONE FLIGHT! This will give HUGEEEE relief to transport infrastructure in Japan etc. You do know how flooded Japanese roads/trains are, right?

So A380 is the future of human flight. Boeing 787 has its own advantages though...

Also, handling A380 isn't that big of a deal..a minor upgrade of an airport can make it able to handle A380!

BTW, A380 is pretty fuel efficient too. It has more fuel efficiency than any 'hybrid fuel efficient' car...

A380 can go 100 passenger km in just 3.1 liters of fuel. :D

A380
Total orders 257
Total deliveries 92
Aircraft in operation 92

I'd say the future is guaranteed.

Additionally, Airbus is not sitting and doing nothing. They already have an equivalent to the 787, the A-350. Massive use of composites and all.

Home*| A350 XWB by Airbus

First test aircraft, December 2012, the model already has orders placed. Like 500+ of them.

300px-Airbus_A350_prototype_roll_out.jpg

A350
Total orders 562
Total deliveries 0
In operation 0

http://www.airbus.com/aircraftfamilies/passengeraircraft/a350xwbfamily/ (left on top)

Does a Boeing 787 v/s Airbus 380 debate need to take place in the Indian defence section?:fie:

I think Airbus did a phenomenally better job overall with its A380.

Well the Maharaja I believe is back into profit zone after a long time.

Why did the 787 stop in Frankfort to refuel? Isn't it able to make long distance journeys?

An aircraft that can carry upto 800 people, to 15,000 km+ distance , with an average speed of 945 km/h , at an attitude of 42,000 feet+ is just a revolution in human flight!!!

Emirates airline is buying A-380s in huge number. They are the largest operator of A-380s already. With this, Emirates Airline can rose to the status of one of the best/largest global airlines!!!!

Frankly speaking, Emirates is already the best airline in the world.
But the dreamliner is a nice aircraft as well.

Frankly speaking, Emirates is already the best airline in the world.
But the dreamliner is a nice aircraft as well.

Best in what sense? Give me any A330/ B777 unlike Emirates 10 abreast seating configuration. They usually have cattle class comfort. I agree for Indians, it is the de-facto national airline. 180 weekly flights to India. Can you imagine?

In terms of service/ comfort, the best of the best are:

Singapore Airlines
Thai Airways
Korean Air/ Cathay Pacific
Emirates/ Qatar//Etihad
BA/Lufthansa

Back
Top Bottom