What's new

Air Forces Monthly - summary of updates to JF-17

What is dual phase cooling? Thank you.

No details are available, so I am going to guess based on latest technological advancements. In KLJ-7A, heat is first transferred by the SiC substrate layer, and then by a coolant. The advantage is that cooling pipes do not need to be extended into the nose cone.

That fit part is really what points to an integrated system - I initially thought it is a scorpion monocle like system but if it is indeed being compared to Jay-hamiks then it is likely integrated. However, I wouldn’t go as far as striker II with the integrated NVG and it is likely just a sight.

Not aimed at you @kursed but laugh at the irony that when @Deino discusses something on PDF we get 10 naysayers popping up or debating credentials.
Same naysayers posting stuff from his twitter handle or quoting him from other sources : “100% accurate FACT!!”

My guess is that 'fit' refers to customization needed for eye-ball tracking technology. That is fifth-gen tech!

Means we got the original version of PL-15 not the PL-15E , many condolences to raphaaale in advance then :lol:View attachment 809976
I hope the PL-15 keeps getting developed further. Considering the ranges, a follow on model should be developed with a dual seeker (RF and IR) as well as Attitude control motors and TVC as on the PAC-3 to allow for a possible re-attack capability if the missile is dogged by the enemy. Advances in EW will eventually lead to a way for the enemy to incredibly defeat the missile’s radar, so enhancements need to be planned for now.

A spokesperson of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) told the international media that the next generation JF-17 Thunder block III jets, developed jointly with China, would take part in the fly-past on the occasion of the military parade on March 23.

“JF-17 Thunder block III is the latest aircraft of this series, and all taxi tests and flight tests have been completed,” the spokesperson told Arab News on Tuesday.

Its first batch will become part of the PAF fleet by the end of March, the official said.

The rollout ceremony of JF-Thunder block III was held in December last year.

JF-17 Thunder, an advanced, light-weight, all weather, multi-role fighter aircraft with air-to-air and air-to-surface combat features, was developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Corporation (CAC) in China.
Pakistan Defense Forum

Its a great detailed video pros and cons

Liked the way pointed usless induction of air refuleing probe

Stupid decision of putting air refueling pod to be removed manualy ratger than shoukd have used as retractable pod

Stupid decision of putting air refueling pod to be removed manualy ratger than shoukd have used as retractable pod

Hi,

There is nothing wrong with the refuel probe. There is nothing stupid about the design---.

Its a light-weight fighter, not a twin engine behemoth. Where would the probe retract into? There is no space for it. It is great that JF-17 has a refueling probe at all.

Its a light-weight fighter, not a twin engine behemoth. Where would the probe retract into? There is no space for it. It is great that JF-17 has a refueling probe at all.
@Chak Bamu is it true that we have successfully developed High Mounted Display Helmet with Chinese help?
Some posts are hinting that yes we have developed it ,but i want to confirm it.

@Chak Bamu is it true that we have successfully developed High Mounted Display Helmet with Chinese help?
Some posts are hinting that yes we have developed it ,but i want to confirm it.
Dear friend, why would you need to confirm it? It would be highly classified information & I would not share it even if I had it.

I make sure that I do not ask for sensitive information from any of my contacts, lest I unintentionally leak it. I broke the news of PA's MRAP evaluation 9/10 years ago & I have always felt bad about it. I am not a journalist & I am not a defense analyst. I do not want to unwittingly compromise any information that may hurt us.

More importantly, the additional weight from a retract mechanism and another series of electromechanical components to maintain.

No details are available, so I am going to guess based on latest technological advancements. In KLJ-7A, heat is first transferred by the SiC substrate layer, and then by a coolant. The advantage is that cooling pipes do not need to be extended into the nose cone.

My guess is that 'fit' refers to customization needed for eye-ball tracking technology. That is fifth-gen tech!
Not exactly - usually it is with IPD(inter-pupillary distance) that you have to adjust and fit on the optics side. Then on the helmet side you sit and a mold is taken of your head for which the interior cushioning is shaped accordingly.

The new AFM issue has an article on the JF-17 which provides some key interesting details(if written in a bit nationalistic prose given the author is retired PAF).

Key takeaways:

1. Block-III has additional composites to increase load carrying capacity. You can read where by buying the AFM issue

2. Block-III might actually have that fuselage hardpoint for AAM(although I am still not convinced how that will look/work)

3. Range of PL-15 variant offerred to Pakistan exceeds range of JF-17 radar!

4. H2/H4 & Raad integration with Block-III

5. Airborne Simulated adversary trainer - apparently a adversary aircraft can be simulated from into radar and HSD to let pilots practice BVR(and WVR??) in flight without the risk of violating distance safety with a live opponent.. apparently the J-10C has a rudimentary version of this @Deino @Shotgunner51

6. Homegrown integrated EW system for JF called Panjnad

7. RD-93 baseline to speed up induction as RD-93MA still being evaluated.

8. Total losses are 3 single seaters and 1 dual
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) @JamD @Windjammer

For anything else please read the article - will move the thread to JF-17 section soon.
How can Thunder launch PL-15 beyond its radar range ? Are we practicing the launch using AWACs radars ?
so...panjnad = Pakistani spectra?
The acquisition of J-10s kind of makes sense now. They have a more powerful radar. PL-15s on the Jeffs might use the input from the J-10s in targetting enemy jets???

27th Feb || Celebrating Swift Retort Day || Unveiling the JF-17 thunder Block 3 of PAF || PTV World​

Many do not understand that whatever information is given out is also meant to sow doubts across the border and that it is perfectly OK. Home supporters can be put out to graze and it does not really matter much.

Hi,

Thank you. But not accordingto one foreign member on this forum.

Back
Top Bottom