What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Sorry Dreamer and Muradk, but I now know that the author of the book is Air Commodore(Retired) Khaleel Ahmad. :azn::azn:

Sorry Dreamer and Muradk, but I now know that the author of the book is Air Commodore(Retired) Khaleel Ahmad. :azn::azn:

Can you find that Book and if possible get some pages scanned and send it on PDF, PLEASE :cool::cool:

Just a quick doubt...which is more dangerous, negative G-force or Positive G-force? Which is harder to recover from?

ABDUL MAJEED KHAN Lodhi. Great friend of Air Marshal Jamal Ahmad Khan. Died in January of 2000 (if I recall correctly, maybe 2001) and is buried in Cranbury, NJ.

Captain Abdul Majeed Khan Lodhie.
Born: 1931
Died: 1/30/2001 at 6:55PM.
Name of the Cemetery : Jersey State Memorial Park, Millstone,NJ.

Captain Lodhie also received a best pilot trophy by Air Commodore Kelly, Chief of staff Royal Pakistan Air Force, at the Passing-Out Parade at Risalpur on Monday, December 24th, 1951. For more details please refer to “The Pakistan Times” archives

He also voluntarily participated in the 1971 war.

Please refer to the following link that has more detail in regards to the sixteen Pakistan Air Force Sabres rehearsing their diamond formation aerobatics.

flightglobal[dot]com/pdfarchive/view/1958/1958%20-%200189.htm

:pakistan:

One of the more notable features one piece canopy from a pilot’s perspective is the exceptional field of view from the cockpit, a feature that is vital during air-to-air combat. The single-piece, bird-proof bubble canopy provides 360°

The Aircrafts like F16 ejection does not include the pilot breaking the canopy at all, since the entire one piece canopy is ejected before ignition of the ejection seat. Also, one piece canopies like in F16 and F22 are very, very thick because they have none of the supporting features found on old style canopies with struts. If Canopy Fails to Separate, the top of the seat can also give a clue with the cutting edges slightly above headrest level.

The all- transparent canopies (F-16, F-22 etc.) are indeed very useful and helping features compared with canopies divided by frames. Just try to fly them and compare the sensation, alertness and comfort it gives! But it is not for explanations. It was simply found to be very good thing to have.

One of the more notable features one piece canopy from a pilot’s perspective is the exceptional field of view from the cockpit, a feature that is vital during air-to-air combat. The single-piece, bird-proof bubble canopy provides 360°

The Aircrafts like F16 ejection does not include the pilot breaking the canopy at all, since the entire one piece canopy is ejected before ignition of the ejection seat. Also, one piece canopies like in F16 and F22 are very, very thick because they have none of the supporting features found on old style canopies with struts. If Canopy Fails to Separate, the top of the seat can also give a clue with the cutting edges slightly above headrest level.

The all- transparent canopies (F-16, F-22 etc.) are indeed very useful and helping features compared with canopies divided by frames. Just try to fly them and compare the sensation, alertness and comfort it gives! But it is not for explanations. It was simply found to be very good thing to have.

exactly wat i was trying to say, but then why dont chinese use single piece canopy in j-10 or in thunders?

Here is something to keep people thinking. Why would a F-7PG pilot and good one at that make the following statement:
"Now we don't fight in close combat..its old concept..tactics have totally changed.."
For all I remember the PG was strictly a WVR fighter.. or was it??? :S

Back
Top Bottom