What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Hello Fatman Sir

Hello sir how r u everybody respected you a lot by ur seniority and experience in military field, I was thinking what will be ur AGE? as ur a experience man.:pop:

50 yrs old

50 yrs old
Naah. You're just 25, with an additional 25 years of experience.

Though I must say, I thought you would be younger. It's just that, in old age, people tend to become negative ("is mulk ka kuch nahi ho sakta" rants etc.), and you seem to be quite positive. I guess that's what makes military retirees different from civilian retirees.

One of my friend's flew F-16 and now flying THunder, he said thunder is a fantastic A/C

people need to be patient and wait for the final product - once it is upgraded with western powerplant, avionics and missiles, it is going to be a block-buster. it will fulfill or fillful PAF requirements for air defence, CAS and Nav-attack!:pakistan:

people need to be patient and wait for the final product - once it is upgraded with western powerplant, avionics and missiles, it is going to be a block-buster. it will fulfill or fillful PAF requirements for air defence, CAS and Nav-attack!:pakistan:
For sure.
Is the western powerplant confirmed yet? Last I read they were considering the Snecma M53-P2 back in 2008. I don't think they'll go for the western powerplant because Russia has been offering to supply upgraded versions of the RD-93, even with TVC.

that the real point that many of us (including myself offcourse) tend o forget so so often. we havent seen the first squadron yet and have discussed it to death!:lol:
perhaps it is all out of love and respect that we have for that platform and the people involved in the projet. nevertheless nothing can be claimed until it is fully operational and its performance is clear to the top-brass atleast from where we can all get our peice of info and then compile it here to reach a conclusion!
however saying all this, i guess, as far as the reports claim, the JF 17 is surely a great plane and will be there to fulfil our need for good time now! alos it will prove to be first step toward the indeginious fighter plane development ability!

regards!

Russia has been offering to supply upgraded versions of the RD-93, even with TVC.

Russian engines have a low MTBO as compared to western engines. With TVC it will go even lower.

IMO TVC does not have much use as newer 5th gen missiles with high off bore capability will cancel the advantage.

can anyone tell me if theres goin to be an airshow on coming defence day ? ... in lahore?

Recently I saw PAF Hiring advertisement in the newspaper dated Aug 11, 2009. I looked at the requirements for GDP Pilot and it said that students who have done their First Year of FSC can apply if their school/colleges provide a recommendation letter that the student will be able to complete the second year with required grades/percentage.

What I would like to know is that can someone who is doing A Level also apply for GD Pilot after giving AS exams with Phys and Maths (First Year Papers of A Level) and without chemistry? I ask this for two reasons

1) In the requirements it said that a student can apply for GD Pilot if he/she has done A Level with at-least Phys and Maths. Therefore, chemistry doesn't look to be necessary ... right?

2) If students who have done First Year of FSC can apply for GD Pilot, I'm sure the students who have done First Year of A Level can also apply ... right?

I have contacted the PAF Information Center, Lahore Cantt, but still no reply from them. That's why I am asking these questions here.

Hoping, someone will guide me in the right direction.

Thanks!

I was at PAF base Masroor waiting for my final medical examination but one of the doctors was busy with an operation. So after waiting for an hour, buddy and I walked outside the room and with guidance from one of the NCOs actually met the doctor outside his office.

My buddy was a little more excited so he went to the officer ahead of me and described him the purpose of his visit, that officer looked at him and told him in a harsh tone to go back and wait where he is supposed to wait. Then he looked at me so I got confused and asked "what about me sir?" he almost yelled and said "same for you!"

Moral of the story, if FSC and A-Level are equivalent then math and physics etc requirements are the same as well.

Now shrugg off your bloody lazy attitude and go to the centre with all your documents and get answers directly.

haha, maybe that's a normal attitude in army :P
Thanks for the info

It just pisses me off these OC selection Center don't pick there phones nor do they answer any questions when kids approach them. I have got a about 50 emails on this I promise this will be taken care of with 24 hours. Specially for Karachi, Lahore and Pindi.

Back
Top Bottom