What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Wouldn't the JF-17 would be more cost-effective than this Mirage F1 upgrade?

Its sucks in close quaters its was never intended to take a fighter 1 on 1 , on the other hand JF-17 is a perfect weapon for 1 on 1.

I think that the F1 is a great interceptor but it is ok for dogfights. Not super. JF17 is optimized for low altitude dogfights... I do not think may would survive it even with F16...

I think that the F1 is a great interceptor but it is ok for dogfights. Not super. JF17 is optimized for low altitude dogfights... I do not think may would survive it even with F16...

Yes you are right now a days you hardly find a interceptor \, The pilots who moved from F-16s to thunder are very impressed buy its performance, they are used to Full after burners manuv but with thunder they can do it without the ABs

So Sir murad if JF-17 is good without after burner then i assume it will be better with it. Am i correct?

Murad Sir, can u tell has JF-17 gone through all its weapons test & evaluation ???

Have chinese PGMs been tested on JF-17 or not or any other platform??

Has PAF started to use or tested chinese (Blue Sky) navigation & targeting pods on JF-17 or any other platform ?? any results about them ???

And one big mystery for me atleast, is PAF using Chinese PGMs operationally or have they been used in the air strikes in swat or fata areas ???

I have looked at the new chinese JDAM & LGM, by their specification they look capable enough. Has PAF considered them as a weapon system ???

So Sir murad if JF-17 is good without after burner then i assume it will be better with it. Am i correct?

I think it is a good question. It depends on the plane how much extra you get... But do remind that AB eats fuel, shows huge signature and certainly makes people a bit deaf... :) If you have a delta where the tail slip into the curve then you need that damn thing. Every turn you create huge drag. If you have midwinged (both length as height) high performance fighterjets then the AB is just a big extra but you can keep your speed with less thrust. You do not bleed energy as much as delta's. Flying with less AB means also less maintenance (engine cycles, stress)...

F16 pilots love their AB so much... The Dutch display pilot loves to throw it into full AB (mode 4) without the steps... They have specially altered that for him. And do remember that you need spool time to get there... Some engines are incredible responsive (Mirage 2000) bu some have extremely slow spool up time.

Good discussion here...

I have a question whether it is economical to own JH-7 project for further development by PAF & kamra.

Xian JH-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AL-31 F aircraft turbofan engine | Russian Arms, Military Technology, Analysis of Russia's Military Forces

1- Replacement of Xian WS9 by Al-31 F because boht have similarities.

AL-31 F aircraft turbofan engine

* Maximum augmented thrust, kgf .....12500
* Minimum specific fuel consumption, kg/ kgf.h .....0,67
* Weight, kg .....1570
* Length, m .....4,99
* Inlet diameter, m .....0,9
* Maximum external diameter, m ..... 1,28

Xian WS9 (a license-built Spey Mk202) afterburning turbofans
* Type: Low bypass turbofan
* Length: 204.9 in (5204.4 mm}
* Diameter: 43.0 in (1092.2 mm)
* Dry weight: 4,093 lb (1856 kg)

2- By increasing wing span area
3- DSI intakes, CFT, IRST and air refueling etc

If india can buy american stuff then russia wouldnt mind to sell us AL-31N engin. By developing JH-7 further it will be cheap solutions to SU-30 MkI and also to other indian future fighter and bombers.

Can somebody tell me the difference and upgrades available in super mushak and mushak.PAF Academy uses which aircarft for primery training. :undecided:

Can somebody tell me the difference and upgrades available in super mushak and mushak.PAF Academy uses which aircarft for primery training. :undecided:

check the world airforces - pakistan thread for info!:enjoy:

Yes you are right now a days you hardly find a interceptor \, The pilots who moved from F-16s to thunder are very impressed buy its performance, they are used to Full after burners manuv but with thunder they can do it without the ABs

One of my friend's flew F-16 and now flying THunder, he said thunder is a fantastic A/C

Hello Fatman Sir

Hello sir how r u everybody respected you a lot by ur seniority and experience in military field, I was thinking what will be ur AGE? as ur a experience man.:pop:

Back
Top Bottom