What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Very well said X.
Najam yar these are at least 10 feet away in CCS we used to cramp oue selves by coming as close to 6 feet so that the radar cant know how many and yes during a dog fight I went through a Jet wash it threw me away and I almost hit my wingman. WE both felt a DUG and I thought I took his front nose with me. The combat was stopped and we landed God willing nothing happend to my wingman or my wife would have :guns:chopped my head off because he was my brother in-law as well.:lol:

Muradk; sir
plz come to my thread, i need your guidness, many peopls, thinks that PAF cant defend pakistan on different fronts, against USAF+NATO one side , on other hand, taking on IAF!
but i THOUGHT that , ITS DIFFICULT BUT NOT IMMPOSIBLE?

PLZ, PLZ do comment on that
thanks and regards, wishing you very happy life :smitten::tup:

Muradk; sir
plz come to my thread, i need your guidness, many peopls, thinks that PAF cant defend pakistan on different fronts, against USAF+NATO one side , on other hand, taking on IAF!
but i THOUGHT that , ITS DIFFICULT BUT NOT IMMPOSIBLE?

PLZ, PLZ do comment on that
thanks and regards, wishing you very happy life :smitten::tup:

Yes we need Muradk sir to come but if anything iam with u on this batmannow we can defend or selves we always have and always will things might be difficult but nothing in the world is impossible and PAF has proved that through out the years time after time GOD bless Pakistan !!!! :pakistan:

:lol: you are right we used to go slow in F-6 Long Arm and the mirage guys used to say no thats cheating because mirage couldn't keep up at that speed to much drag. When we converted to mirages we had too much experience before we went to CCS .I had a total of 14 confirmed kills in CCS in which I shot 4 mirages , it was just a crazy day I was with my course mate who was also evaluating me I saw 4 mirages at 38,000/-ft and CGI says we dont see any one and I said wait a few sec I am going to engage them luck was on my side they never expected that I will jump on all 4 at the same time and they said split and all 4 mirages turned right at the same time so I just had to go :guns:Flash1, flash2, Flash 3, Flash4 you are all dead in less than 12 sec. the Instructors were no :argh:thats not possible I said ok lets land a develop the film and forsure I had all 4 mirages in my piper in less than 12 sec. Good old days I really miss them.

Asalaam alikum wr wb Murad bhai;

Brother are you or were you a PAF fighter pilot ?!! ..Forgive me as i am still very new to this forum. Cause if you are or have been a PAF pilot then i am honoured to meet you sir :pakistan:.

Asalaam alikum wr wb Murad bhai;

Brother are you or were you a PAF fighter pilot ?!! ..Forgive me as i am still very new to this forum. Cause if you are or have been a PAF pilot then i am honoured to meet you sir :pakistan:.

yes sir murad from PAF and they also particpate in wars and also sir murad not just a poilet but a war hero .sir murad has SJ from gov of pak.:victory:

yes sir murad from PAF and they also particpate in wars and also sir murad not just a poilet but a war hero .sir murad has SJ from gov of pak.:victory:

REALLY !..Well i am honoured to share this forum with PAF fighter pilot who also happens to be a war hero !. Sir murad was describing how he shot four mirages, was he refering to a simulated dogfight exercise or a actual war dogfight ?

Sir murad can you please sum up PAF current capability against IAF. I personally believe indian Air Force has always had better aircraft and greater numbers than pakistan in every era due to it's financial strength/ resources available to it. But thankfully with grace of ALLAH Pakistan Air Force due to it's very high pilot training and fighter tactics school alongwith jazba e momin have always overwhelmingly beaten Indian Air Force in 1965 and 1971 wars. As a result of the high standards at CCS PAF pilots shot Israelis fighter jets in 1967 and 1973 wars without losing a single of it's pilots in jordanian and iraqi fighter jets. PAF pilots are recognised the best in the world beyond any doubt. All we need to do is get serious funding to modernise PAF and include the latest state of the art fighter jets, radars,bvrs,air refueling aircrafts, awacs and fast track our indigenous jf-17 serial production at home and get involved in many other joint ventures with china in producing fourth and fifth generation jets.

We should definitely get j-11s from china ASAP. By the way when will J-10(Fc-20 Dragon) be delivered to PAF ? And when approximately J-17 Thunders are expected to be commissioned in PAF ?

Murad bhai i love PAF for their standards and history i wish i was in PAF, i will make sure my son develops passion for PAF and INSHALLAH will get selected.

Last edited:
how he shot four mirages, was he referrig to a simulated dogfight exercise or a actual war dogfight ?

yes ofcorese simulater india will take mirage2000 when sir murad was leaving paf.also there is no dog fight with indian mirages until now.

yes ofcorese simulater india will take mirage2000 when sir murad was leaving paf.also there is no dog fight with indian mirages until now.

Which war did sir murad fight in and which squadron was he based in and which fighter jets did he fly ? Did he shot down any IAF jets in the war he was involved in ?

Also imran bhai can you tell me when will J-10(Fc-20 Dragon) be delivered to PAF ? And when approximately J-17 Thunders are expected to be commissioned in PAF ?

Sorry i know too many questions asked, It's almost like a "Rapid Fire " round !

What's the best tactic in shooting down american drones, should we use our fighter jets or just utilise anza missile system ?

Should'nt we have shot down indian su-30s which violated our air space on sunday ? Do you think we were in position to do so ? I believe if we were then we should have shot all or most of the IAF jets which violated our air space.

I also believe that pakistan badly badly badly needs a change of political leadership. A Former ISI chief will do nicely take the example of vladimir putin of russia. We can't afford a weak minded person as head of state, it is already demoralising and highly insulting that someone like zardari is our nation's president.

Which war did sir murad fight in and which squadron was he based in and which fighter jets did he fly ? Did he shot down any IAF jets in the war he was involved in ?

Also imran bhai can you tell me when will J-10(Fc-20 Dragon) be delivered to PAF ? And when approximately J-17 Thunders are expected to be commissioned in PAF ?

Sorry i know too many questions asked, It's almost like a "Rapid Fire " round !

its repeted so many times better you go sir murad profile and read his posts its better then i will write because sir murad writing style is so cool.65 and 71 war both sir murad have fight i think sir murad onbord mirage in 71.

and abut fc-20 it will be next year last months inshallah will be here.abut jf-17 we get 10 and more 25 now per year from PAC if we took delevry from chaina then may be 50 jf-17 per year.10 jf-17 here in paf see

What's the best tactic in shooting down american drones, should we use our fighter jets or just utilise anza missile system ?

Should'nt we have shot down indian su-30s which violated our air space on sunday ? Do you think we were in position to do so ? I believe if we were then we should have shot all or most of the IAF jets which violated our air space.

Fight jets can be used for these drones. But due to drones' slow speed, the best option would be to use slow speed aircraft and helicopters. In this case, the drones would have to be at a lower altitude.

About shooting down of SUs, they came in and as soon as they learned that PAF jets are approaching they ran away. Even if they were shot down, their debri would have fallen on the other side thereby making it difficult for pakistan to explain this act and things would have turned bad. Hope i answered the question :)

If u want to read more abt UAVs, i suggest this article UAVs AND THEIR FUTURE PROSPECTS

Last edited:
Taking down the UAVs is not a big deal we can put 2 or 3 K-8s in that area they can do a excellent job.

Yes it will be very difficult to defend our selves if we are attacked from both sides. There are a few things I cant say but I will try to answer your question in a manner that your question is answered.
Pl give me a day or 2.
If you are very concerned let me tell you it wount be NATO but Israel. If India decides that yes we have to take 1 or 2 major targets and give the Israelis a green signal for them to land in India.
Israel have diverted all there attention to GAZA and they have done this a few times to mislead countries. Well are thinking oh they are no threat and the next thing we find out they take Iran's plant and than try to take ours.
In that case China will get a freehand to help us military wise and they take over the Island. Iran being wounded will come for our help that would give us extra air power. Israelis are already angry with Russia for supplying Iran with SAMs
Normally you fight with a country which is has a stable leadership. Everyone knows that Pakistan being a Nuclear Country with people like Zardari who can be taken off in 9 min and than Army taking over would be a scary situation.

All is racket about India and war will go away just watch after there elections you will not hear a word about the TAJ or MR. Kasab.
If I am not wrong India talks about piece and harmony and blame Pakistan for everything if that's the case why did they give Bugti's son Asylum this shows that all what happend in Balochistan India was behind it.

Not so fast, my young friend. The US drones may end up saving your soldiers lives. I'm guessing you have not watched the below documentary.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/war-terror/18954-pakistans-war-documentary.html

If you had, you would have seen first-hand the dangers facing your soldiers from the entrenched Taliban. You would have seen tanks retreating (and in one case burnt), infantry ambushed from hidden Taliban nests.

Now these very US drones that you want to shoot down will help your troops site these nests so your tanks and infantry can take them out. Why? Because PA officers now have access to Predator drone video-feeds in FATA. Read the WSJ article:
Pakistan and U.S. Rebuild Strained Military Ties - WSJ.com

Hope watching the documentary and reading the link, you will put two and two together...:)

Taking down the UAVs is not a big deal we can put 2 or 3 K-8s in that area they can do a excellent job.

I would differ here sir. Taking down a simple drone may not be difficult but the UAVs which are under discussion here are quiet lethal. They can defend themselves very well. For more on this, I suggest

I would differ here sir. Taking down a simple drone may not be difficult but the UAVs which are under discussion here are quiet lethal. They can defend themselves very well. For more on this, I suggest

The US/CIA has been using The Reaper (derivative of the Predator) for a very long time. These drones are to be categorized as UCAV (Unmanned Combat Air Vehicle) rather than and ordinary drone or UAV. I have to agree with MuradK that these can be shot off in the air depending on what kind of mission payload they are carrying. Normally the Reaper is tipped with a 10-km range top attack US missile that is not effective against any aircraft. However and if we start to knock down a few, the Americans in defiance may also arm the same UCAV's with short range Sidewinders which can then mean some trouble for our pilots. However, the Reaper or any of its derivative still have to prove ACM against any other manned aircraft and therefore the advantage of a knock-out may just be on our side. But that also in large depends on if the USAF has any eye-in-the-sky AWACS to forewarn the UCAV of a pending aircraft on its tail.

Taking down a simple drone may not be difficult but the UAVs which are under discussion here are quiet lethal. They can defend themselves very well. For more on this, I suggest

MQ-1 Predator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"An Iraqi MiG-25 shot down a Predator performing reconnaissance over the no fly zone in Iraq on 23 December 2002, after the Predator fired a missile at it. This was the first time in history a conventional aircraft and a drone had engaged in combat. Predators had been armed with AIM-92 Stinger air-to-air missiles, and were being used to "bait" Iraqi fighter planes, then run. In this incident, the Predator didn't run, but instead fired one of the Stingers. The Stinger's heat-seeker became "distracted" by the MiG's missile and so missed the MiG, and the Predator was destroyed."

Back
Top Bottom