What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Smoke seems to be coming from somewhere else...
Unless they have two colours??

It is couloured diesel thrown into hot air... Turns into what you see... And if you are there you would smell diesel.

Hi I wanted to enquire about PAF's arsenal. Which AAMs are in current use by PAF? AGMs, PGBs?
Another thing could anyone tell me about the H-2, H-4 bombs/AAMs?
Which cannon are we going to use on the JF-17?
If sir Muradk or sir fatman can answer?

What Chinese precision AA and AG to weapon Pak use or in past ?. are they proven yet in any scenario ?

CAN SOME BODY FIND THE ORIGNAL NAME OF "CONDOR" RADAR.

can our mirage 5 load bombs like this...?
3154018b9d49111b9a0aa717b8d17ed6.jpg

regards

Sir Murad ,,,where i can get Rayban Caravan /green/58MM. Its 60s style but need brand new one.
thanks

Last edited:
Any PAF or former who have worked with the Air Force if Zimbabwe or its personnel?

Thanks.

COULD THIS BE THE NEW AGE OF AIR WARFARE

To some extend but the problem comes in when you look at it in a 3 dimension way. The pilot is sitting a long way from it so it can't defend its self. Yes 1 day AI will take over then these planes will be a threat.

Will unmanned fighter jet be THE NEXT BIG THING IN S.ASIA?
Yes, this will be true everywhere, including South Asia. In the words of a USAF commander "when a UAV is shot down, I don't have to write a letter to the family explaning what went wrong". Manned fighters will still be around a few decades from now, but UCAVs will be the spine of the force. A remotely piloted UCAS takes away the weakest part of a fighter plane, the pilot's body, and keeps the best part, the pilot's head. Autonomous UCAS will be very slow to develop, but will eventually be inducted in droves in my opinion.

COULD THIS BE THE NEW AGE OF AIR WARFARE
Yes and no. That particular aircraft is an X-45 engineering experimental aircraft by Boeing. The "X" designation means its purely experimental for now, and not geared for immediate operational demands. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) initiated the program. DARPA research planes don't always become a reality, but they provide advanced research and development experience, which is more valuable than any single aircraft or weapon in the world. So, don't expect the next operational UCAS un US service to be exactly like the X-45, but it gives us a good idea of what we can expect.

X-45
dc1ed7c097660a09baf98dfcd2882d51.jpg

X-46 (Carrier Variant of the X-45, still under development)
d15efce70b5d1a73345cc5c1d229d15a.jpg

Edit
In response to the article, I believe that India needs a more focused strategy. They can't go announcing aircraft projects all willy-nilly, even the US doesn't do that, and they have the budget to back it up. Senior and more experienced heads in India will definitely ask the DRDO (or whoever it is that makes these plans) to narrow down their selection and utilize their manpower and skills more efficiently. The PAK-FA is a certainty, because its a joint project, and the UCAS can be another feasible choice, but the MCA and the "Lead-in Fighter" are simply shots in the dark and waste of resources. What is the point of developing two high-tech fighters (PAK-FA and MCA),a low-tech fighter (LCA), a UCAS and two trainers ("Lead-in Fighter" and HAL Sitara) while simultaneously producing, inducting and maintaining a fleet of two other high-tech fighters (Su-30MKI and MMRCA winner)? On top of that TATA is getting impatient and is rising against DRDO's Aerospace supremacy by trying to team up with European aircraft manufacturers. In these troubling times, it is irresponsible to allow such extravagant waste of public resources. India must reign in its decision makers, for its own good.

Last edited:
I think zero...

I doubt we'll ever get them... Americans are just like that!

We should focus on the J-10B, because China is one of our true allies. The US just seeks its own interests, and has proven time after time that they only care about themselves and not Pakistan.

We need to differentiate between those who are loyal to us, and those who are only trying to seek their own benefits!

Back
Top Bottom