What's new

Air Force Question Thread

Can anyone tell from where I can learn about aircrafts and stuff. Basically I have interest in land warfare but have also developed an interest in aerial warfare recently. Any suggestion/advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Can anyone tell from where I can learn about aircrafts and stuff. Basically I have interest in land warfare but have also developed an interest in aerial warfare recently. Any suggestion/advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Anyone?

You could read articles on PDF and the rest of the internet, watch vidoes, etc. Ask military people in your family/friends circle questions and they will be happy to answer (avoid classified stuff and immature questions eg kaali vigo).

Then if you want, play a flight sim like DCS world or watch tutorials of it. DCS comes with a free Su-25T and it comes with paid planes like JF-17, F-16, F-18 and F-14. Some of these plains are expensive though, since they are simulated nearly exactly as in real life (all buttons in cockpit are functional, physics simulated etc). You WILL need at least 16GB of RAM if you want anything playable though. And I highly reccomend you use a joystick.

If the free Su-25T is interesting for you and you want to do air to air stuff then I reccomend you buy one of the cheaper paid planes on sale for around $10, like the F-15 or Su-27 (this one comes with a free J-11 too).

If you REALLY think you will enjoy flight simming then wait for a discount and buy the JF-17, it's arguably the best plane in the game at the moment.

Or wait for a free trial period (should be one for the summer sale soon) to test the more complex and expensive planes.

It helps you understand the concepts of aerial warfare really well by putting you in the pilot's place. Though it is a bit lacking in EW but that stuff is impossible to code accurately since it's in the classified domain.

I will say, I've sat in actual simulators and DCS is by far the closest thing to the real deal. But again, be warned, it is kind of buggy and needs a decent PC to run. It also takes patience to master a plane.

Lol. none left
I mean the ex-operators like Swiss. They can be bought and upgraded.

PAF should make a new wing for Mirages as Strike Elements and divide them into 4 groups; 25% fleet in North, 25% fleet in South, 25% fleet in East, and 25% fleet in West.

I mean the ex-operators like Swiss. They can be bought and upgraded.

PAF should make a new wing for Mirages as Strike Elements and divide them into 4 groups; 25% fleet in North, 25% fleet in South, 25% fleet in East, and 25% fleet in West.
I think they have squeezed every option plus the french won't be forthcoming with any upgrade assistance.

Do PAF pilots get to choose which plane they prefer to fly?

Any chance of getting a proper file this time around of PAF Base Mushaf (insignia)?

Something that isn't from a book.

How is it possible that we keep posting pictures of F-16's and JF-17 & yet its almost impossible to get Base/Squadron insignias?

Any of the usual suspects...are welcome to help out. Working on a new project.

@Windjammer @SQ8 @Hodor @airomerix

FYI: New vid coming out in 12hrs for 23rd March. Pradhan Mantri [Narendra Modi] to make a special Guest Appearance] :devil: .

Some tasks i was doing few years back. For fun sake and interest if anyone wants.

To design an airborne early warning pulse Doppler radar system with the following specification:

• Operating frequency = 3.2 GHz
  • Range ≥ 200 km
  • Range resolution = 50 m (i.e. targets 50 m apart can be separately detected)
  • Receiver noise figure = 6 dB
  • Received S/N ≥ 12 dB (based on the peak transmitter power)
  • Transmit and receive antenna gain = 40 dBi
  • Minimum detectable target radar cross section = 5
What is the maximum range (in km) at which the radar can detect a target with a radar cross section of 5 m2 if the radar is subject to surface clutter with s0 = –30 dB at a grazing angle y = 0.3˚? Assume that the minimum signal to clutter ratio (S/C)min is 4 dB.

Some tasks i was doing few years back. For fun sake and interest if anyone wants.

To design an airborne early warning pulse Doppler radar system with the following specification:

• Operating frequency = 3.2 GHz
  • Range ≥ 200 km
  • Range resolution = 50 m (i.e. targets 50 m apart can be separately detected)
  • Receiver noise figure = 6 dB
  • Received S/N ≥ 12 dB (based on the peak transmitter power)
  • Transmit and receive antenna gain = 40 dBi
  • Minimum detectable target radar cross section = 5
What is the maximum range (in km) at which the radar can detect a target with a radar cross section of 5 m2 if the radar is subject to surface clutter with s0 = –30 dB at a grazing angle y = 0.3˚? Assume that the minimum signal to clutter ratio (S/C)min is 4 dB.
Hit me up if this requires adaptive filtering - I know some techniques that might appear magical to some nonadaptive people. I can demonstrate techniques on representative toy problems that you design. Just throwing this wild and wide net out there :)

Back
Top Bottom