What's new

Air Force aims higher - Seeks major purchases by 2021

Ah chisty,i was waiting for your reply!!!.....i too thought bd had 16 migs a few days back courtesy bdmilitary,but i think leon and others cleared it up.....after a initial induction of 8 the later orders were cancelled when bnp came into power.........about indian migs,all are being upgraded to smt standards and also new mig29k-s have just arrived........well you are right in saying pilot skills do matter,but how did you know our pilots are nutjobs???.....ah so insightfull of you!!.....btw,even if i agree bd pilots are far superior(only to make you happy),what are they gonna do when they face the same indian nutjobs armed with a handfull of bvr missiles served by a pesa radar with their arse stuck in a spanking new flanker!!!??......oh and i just forgot to mention the upgraed mirages, mrca,lca and 5th gen pakfa!!!......good to hear you dont wanna compete with us,but does this comment of yours justify your other posts??

Edit~I missed some posts and didn't think the F-22 posts were part of a joke.

The AF has been neglected.Maybe it should be given more national responsibilities like geological survey of the country along with the govt geological survey department,keeping tabs on environmental issues and such.

Priority should be given to air defence fighters and maritime aircraft,Transport aircraft,and SAMs.

and as for the MiGs...replace them by more able fighters or use them to train pilots.IMO they are worthless.
So how many have we got 8 or 16?Wiki shows 16 BTW.

If India attacks, 160 aircraft won't even make a dent.
Burma?
Foreign-supported insurgents?

Foreign supported insurgents in the CHT is a critical issue but that's the matter of the land forces and the border guard.I guess the AF can play a recon role in such a fight but not more than this.

Burma and India we got major border and sea boundary problems with these two.
We have fishermen from Thailand ,Burma and India fishing along our coasts.Maritime roles can be played by AF fighters if they are equipped for such roles but then again the Navy is going to play the dominant role in such a scenario.

and there is no reason for India to attack BD.Yes their generals,politicians,people can boast that India has the capability to "sweep" out BD in 2/3/7 days but have they attempted??no.

The only areas of friction are the land and sea borders and we need the Border Guard ,the Coast Guard and the Navy to be prepped for them.AF can play maritime and recon roles and should be equipped for such operations.

Last edited:
Don't you worry, we will build maintenance workshops. But, even now when we send abroad some of our planes for maintenance, still we do not have plane accidents every other day as it is with Indian airforce. IAF has a world record for plane accidents, not to be broken by any other country in the present century or the next.
we Do have accidents.But then again those were museum aircraft.Which means we have to upgrade our inventory and brings us back to the article in the first post.as for air defence system we might as well have it.Our equipment are too outdated to be used.

Our per capita foreign exchange earning is no less than India, so we can easily afford all those modern flying kites and SAM missiles.

err....no.I think this is not a really good comparison/analogy.

Ah chisty,i was waiting for your reply!!!.....i too thought bd had 16 migs a few days back courtesy bdmilitary,but i think leon and others cleared it up.....after a initial induction of 8 the later orders were cancelled when bnp came into power.........about indian migs,all are being upgraded to smt standards and also new mig29k-s have just arrived........well you are right in saying pilot skills do matter,but how did you know our pilots are nutjobs???.....ah so insightfull of you!!.....btw,even if i agree bd pilots are far superior(only to make you happy),what are they gonna do when they face the same indian nutjobs armed with a handfull of bvr missiles served by a pesa radar with their arse stuck in a spanking new flanker!!!??

Ah, Jako It doesn't matter what u believe. We have 16 MiG-29s.
~I didn't say your pilots are nutjobs:undecided: and thanx for trying to make me happy( I m suffering from fever).
~It is you, who are thinking to engage in a sky war? I didn't say that we will have war!

......oh and i just forgot to mention the upgraed mirages, mrca,lca and 5th gen pakfa!!!......good to hear you dont wanna compete with us,but does this comment of yours justify your other posts??

I told you before we don't wanna compete any one, we are doing what is needed to be done then why you r walking in the same circle:D
Which post? you forget to mention:blink:
Thanx.

Bangladesh ordered 24 Mig-29 in which 8 was received while AL was in power. The second batch was received in the early year of BNP regime. The third batch of 8 was cancelled by BNP.

Hope this information will help remove the confusion.

Bangladesh ordered 24 Mig-29 in which 8 was received while AL was in power. The second batch was received in the early year of BNP regime. The third batch of 8 was cancelled by BNP.

Hope this information will help remove the confusion.

Such fighters shouldnt have been bought in the first place. Your govt didnt even bother to look at the fighters track record and had no other option

Such fighters shouldnt have been bought in the first place. Your govt didnt even bother to look at the fighters track record and had no other option

What other option Bangladesh had at that time or even now for a air superiority fighter? Russia is a good supplier and we had a long history of working with them starting from Mig-21.
For interceptor type fighter we still rely on China and will be in future. Even chinese are buying Sukuis to keep their airforce competitive.

Don't u know about our MiG-29s?:devil: We r maintaining our MiG-29s very well and was sent to Ukrain for overhauling.

BAF MiG-29's were grounded for quite a lot time due to non maintainance. You are talking about present I am talking about late 90's and early 2000.

You don't need to know about the money, we can even have money from any arab country:D

Which means while you talk big you have no plans whatsoever in terms of their budget.

You need more than that cuz ur toys have crush record:lol:, how will u fight if u crash in sky??

Totally off topic and illogical.

IAF fought two fronts in 1971. We dont have to mobilize whole of the IAF in the east to fight your country or its air force.

Our per capita foreign exchange earning is no less than India, so we can easily afford all those modern flying kites and SAM missiles.

Per capita foriegn exchange ha nothing to do with this.

We both will live to see when it happens. Right now its just a plane talk in the air.

Errr... Friend, can u tell me when did this accident happen?

BNS Padma (P-312) and BNS Surma (P-313) are ex-Indian Akshay class Coastal Patrol Crafts.

GB

off topic:
BNS Padma (P-312) and BNS Surma (P-313) are ex-Indian Akshay class Coastal Patrol Crafts.

were they gifts/donations or did we buy them?Must have been a long time ago.

What other option Bangladesh had at that time or even now for a air superiority fighter? Russia is a good supplier and we had a long history of working with them starting from Mig-21.
For interceptor type fighter we still rely on China and will be in future. Even chinese are buying Sukuis to keep their airforce competitive.

You lack any basic information. There arnt any mig-21's in service with baf their chinese made J-7's. The Mig-29 bangladesh bought have very week airframe and they were grouded in russia a while back. If bangladesh gets any future fighter I can assure you it will be the jf-17

GB
So, BNS Palash and BNS Padma were coastal crafts induced during the 1971 war of liberation. Thank you for that wartime contribution. There were other smaller crafts as well that we received from you. You have good reason to brag. By the way, the Indian airforce bombed and destroyed the ships, hopefully, by mistake during the war.

We started our navy with less than 50 sailors in 1971. Now, we have more than 40,000 troops in the navy. Today, the Khulna Shipyard is building large ships and smaller missile crafts with technical collaboration from Pakistan navy and China.

Perhaps, you know that the Pakistan Navy was dominated by the Bangalis, and its airforce was almost dominated by them. It was the army where the Punjabis dominated.

See the link below to kinow more about the present status of our not-so-small navy. Now, our frigates are equipped with C-802 missles from China.

American Chronicle | In war and Peace Invincible at Sea: Bangladesh Navy

Last edited:
You lack any basic information. There arnt any mig-21's in service with baf their chinese made J-7's. The Mig-29 bangladesh bought have very week airframe and they were grouded in russia a while back. If bangladesh gets any future fighter I can assure you it will be the jf-17

Mig-21 retired quite a few years ago and were replaced by J-7's. Not sure about JF-17. You think JF-17 can fly better than Mig-29s? I am talking about air superiority fighter here bro.
Bangladeshi should consider upgrading j-7s with JF-17. And find an alternate for Mig-29s with J-10 or SU-27 or even Mig-35 if they could afford.

Perhaps, you know that the Pakistan Navy was dominated by the Bangalis, and its airforce was almost dominated by them. It was the army where the Punjabis dominated.

Considering the 'performance' of the navy and the airforce in 1971, you might want to keep this under wraps in the future :D

Yeah, considering the performance of IAF in 65 you should not even talk about it and yes, we're damn proud of our air force.IAF with new shiny toys from Soviet Union managed to stop our air operations over BD is not a big achievement by any means.10 vs 1 Sqd is quite frankly embarrasing and yet PAF still managed to shot down your planes in Eastern Sector and PAF IN western sector had a lot of kills.
Combat Aircraft Losses
Description Pakistan India
Air to Air 19 19
Ground Fire 15 35
On Ground 29 2
Total 63 56
* Combat aircraft and bomber losses only. Transporters and Recce PAF aircraft shot down or destroyed on the ground not included.
** PAF losses include 13 aircraft destroyed by PAF on the ground at Dhaka.
PS: This is Indian source.
now let me put PAF Kills according to very reliable PAK Source.
PAF Air-Kills in East Pakistan
Date PAF Pilot IAF Pilot PAF plane Plane/Pilot fate
Dec 4 F/L Saeed S/L S.B.Samanta F-86 14th Squadron Hunter (37th Squadron)
Dec 4 F/L Shams-ul-Haq S/L V. Bhutani F-86 14th Squadron Su-7 (221 squadron)
Dec 4 F/L Saeed Afzal F/O S.G. Khonde F-86 14th Squadron Hunter (37th Squadron)
Dec 4 F/L Shams-ul-Haq S/L K.D. Mehra F-86 14th Squadron Hunter
Dec 4 F/L Dilawer F/L K. C. Lemontree F-86 14th Squadron Hunter, POW
PAF Air-Kills in West Pakistan
Date PAF Pilot IAF Pilot PAF plane Plane/Squadron
Dec 04 F/L Naeem Atta F/L L.M.Sasoon and F/L R.M. Advani Mirage III Canberra (JBCU)
Dec 04 F/L Qazi Javed F/O Chati (POW) F-6 Hunter (A-479) (27 Squadron)
Dec 04 F/L Javed Latif F/L H.V. Singh F-6 Su-7 (222 Squadron)
Dec 04 F/L Salim Bag Mirza F/L K.P. Muralidharan F-86 Hunter (A-462) (20 Squadron)
Dec 04 F/L Mujahid F/O S. Tyagi F-86 Hunter (A-490) (27 Squadron)
Dec 05 F/L Safdar S/L J.M. Mistry Mirage III Hunter(A1014) (20 Squadron)
Dec 05 S/L S. Saad Hatmi F/L G.S. Rai (Killed) F-6 Hunter (A482) (27 Squadron)
Dec 05 F/L Qazi F/O K.L Malkani (Killed) F-6 Hunter (A488) (27 Squadron)
Dec 07 F/L Atiq Sufi / F/L Musharaf Mir S/L Jiwa Singh F-6 Su-7 (26 Squadron)
Dec 08 W/C Hashmi F/L R.G Kadam F-6 Su-7 (TACDE)
Dec 10 W/C Arif Iqbal L/C Ashok Roy (Pilot), Lt H S Sirohi (Obs), O Vijayan F-104 Alize (310 Squadron)
Dec 11 S/L Cecil Chaudhery F/L K.K. Mohan F-86 Su-7 (26 Squadron)
Dec 11 Unknown Pilot F/L R D Naithani (Pilot) F/L G Theophilus (Nav) F/L Manohar Purohit (Nav) Mirage III Canberra (5 Bomber Squadron)
Dec 11 W/C Arif Iqbal / S/L Amanullah S/L Mickey Jatar (Killed) F-104 HF-24 (while taking off from the runway) (10 Squadron)
Dec 14 F/L Salim Beg Mirza F/O N.S. Sekhon F-86 Gnat (18 Squadron)
Dec 14 S/L Salim Gauhar Capt P.K. Gaur F-86 Auster (660 Squadron)
Dec 17 F/L Maqsood Amir F/L Tejwant Singh F-86 Mig-21 (29 Squadron)
-
PAF Losses iN East Pakistan
ate PAF Pilot Pilot Fate Aircraft Involved
Nov 22 F/L Parvez Mehdi Qureshi POW Sabre vs. Gnat
Nov 22 F/O Khalil Ahmed POW Sabre vs. Gnat
Dec 04 W/C S M Ahmed Killed by Terrorists Sabre vs. Hunter
Dec 04 F/L Saeed Afzal Khan Killed by Terrorists Sabre vs. Hunter
Dec 04 F/O Sajjad Noor Pilot rescued Sabre vs. Hunter
PAF Losses in WPakistan

Date PAF Pilot Aircraft / Pilot Fate Aircraft Involved
Dec 10 S/L Aslam Choudhry F-86 . Pilot killed in action. S/L R N Bharadwaj In Hunter.
Dec 12 W/C M E Middlecoat F-104. Pilot Killed in action. F/L B B Soni in Mig-21.
Dec 13 F/O N N A Baig F-86. Pilot Killed in action. S/L F J Mehta in Hunter
Dec 17 F/L Samad Ali Changezi F-104. Pilot Killed in action. F/L A K Dutta in Mig-21.
Now if anything it should be YOU who should embarrased about IAF poor performance despite the fact that it had latest war planes, latest soviet weaponary.Our navy was too small to really fight.India always had a bigger navy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom