What's new

Ahmed Rashid: "A real meltdown".

Offcourse we have an agenda against you, but its more to do with Kashmir and terrorism than anything else. Anyways, we have an agenda no matter what but we Indians are not obbsessed by it. However, can you say the same for your armed, which de-facto is built with only one thing in Mind India? and your armed forces which are more powerful than the Civilian govt too?

Offcourse we have an agenda against you, but its more to do with Kashmir and terrorism than anything else.....?

India being superious militarily can use its army to do the dirty work. So it doesn't have to use terror at this stage.

But in the past Indians used terrorists in E. Pakistan, Nizam's Hyderabad, and Junagar.

Please study your actions in the past and you will find plenty of examples.

My take on this whole fiasco is that Pakistan should not use militants anymore. It hurts Pakistan more than what it does India.

peace.

...So to my beloved Indian posters, my cousins from across the border, I have one request. Please take an honest look on India's behavior in the last 60+ years towards Pakistan while we do the same from Pak side.
Yeah, the Indians also have to swallow hard and work on it, as you can see from this exchange two days ago: link

Yeah, the Indians also have to swallow hard and work on it, as you can see from this exchange two days ago: link

Indians dont have to swallow hard. It is Solomon who has to swallow that he was just being the Devil's advocate there, arguing just for the sake of arguing.

Thank you for a very balanced approach. Your post #537 on the linked thread "Era of wars over, ready to resolve all issues with India: Pakistan" is right on the money.

The problem with many of these discussions is that majority of Indians and Pak posters repeat the 3rd grade elementary school history books being taught in India and Pakistan. No one is willing to do an independent study of our history. And this is precisely why we are marooned on the island of ignorance and arrogance.

Thank you and peace to all.

India and Pakistan are like:

" Hum ko to rehna hai Ek duje ke saath, Har Mushkil mein Marenge Hum ek Duje ki G**D"

Yes, and now start spewing hatred against the military. Well done, start pleasing your Indian friends :tup:

woody.gif

You dont really understand sarcasm well do you?

You're military has ruled your country for most part.

In the last 4 years, what has the army done to ruin the healthcare system, to ruin education etc etc.

Jo tha us ka bhi bera gharak kar diya.

Indians dont have to swallow hard. It is Solomon who has to swallow that he was just being the Devil's advocate there, arguing just for the sake of arguing.
Ah, I see I've exceeded the limits of Indian civility: when cornered by argument Tamizhan ultimately behaves just like the Pakistanis and resorts to attacking the messenger rather than re-evaluating the Indian position.

Is it any wonder, then, that unlike the U.S./Canada situation the conflict that began with India's partition continues into a seventh decade? There are no Indians. There are no Pakistanis. There are only South Indians and Muslim North Indians. Their minds work pretty much the same.

The truth is always somewhat in the middle.

Being aware of Indian intentions and cautious of them is not all bad.
but those misadventures spawned due to such perceptions have been horrible.

As always, you are right.. Its never the information, but the reaction to that which differentiates between success and failure...

Ah, I see I've exceeded the limits of Indian civility: when cornered by argument Tamizhan ultimately behaves just like the Pakistanis and resorts to attacking the messenger rather than re-evaluating the Indian position.

Is it any wonder, then, that unlike the U.S./Canada situation the conflict that began with India's partition continues into a seventh decade? There are no Indians and Pakistanis. There are only South Indians and Muslim North Indians. Their minds work pretty much the same.

Unfortunately this is so true.

Many Indians behave like Arabs and strongly feel that tiny Pakistan (like tiny Israel) has no right to exist at its own terms right next mighty neighbor India. And if Pakistan has any right to exist, the terms must be dictated by India.

Case in point water issues where India took unilateral approach right from the get go.

Even when the Sindh TAS treaty (water sharing treaty) was signed in the 50s, the treaty is being constantly violated by India perhaps based on the principle of "might is right".

yes Pakistan is no angel, our hands are bloody with doing bad and nasty stuff in Kashmir.

I hope one day Pakistanis learn to accept India as a big neighbor and learn to use means other than the militants. And to some degree we have. Militancy is drastically down in Kashmir for the last 10+ years.

and

India learns to accept that it is not good to shove a sharp one into the tiny neighbor and not mess with river heads.

The reason is that the tiny neighbor has 200 million population (unlike Israel's few millions) and things will remain nasty if each of these guys keep on daring each other.

Thanks and peace to all.

Unfortunately this is so true.

Many Indians behave like Arabs and strongly feel that tiny Pakistan (like tiny Israel) has no right to exist at its own terms right next mighty neighbor India. And if Pakistan has any right to exist, the terms must be dictated by India.

You are wrong.. Most Indians dont care two hoots about Pakistan. Its only when incidents like Mumbai 26/11 happen, they get reminded on Pakistan's existence...

India is a fascist nation and will forever be the enemy.

Take a chill pill bro.

Our nearly constant state of conflict with India has been nothing but disastrous for Pakistan.

Its time to make peace and move on and focus on start building our country without wishing the destruction of others.

You are wrong.. Most Indians dont care two hoots about Pakistan. Its only when incidents like Mumbai 26/11 happen, they get reminded on Pakistan's existence...

Yeah, same here man. Samjhauta Expresses Episode really gave me the wake up call :lol:

Its time to make peace and move on and focus on start building our country without wishing the destruction of others.

So long the Kashmir conflict doesn't end; nothing's gonna happen. I can bet you on that.

Back
Top Bottom