What's new

Ahmadi place of worship damaged, set on fire following spat between two youth groups in Faisalabad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norwegian

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thirty-one people were injured and an Ahmadi place of worship was damaged and set on fire following a verbal spat between two groups of youth in Faisalabad's Ghaseet Pura RB-69 area on Thursday evening, area police said on Friday.

According to an FIR registered on behalf of the state by the Balochni police station — in the remits of which the incident took place — the dispute took place at 7:30pm between a group of youth belonging to the Ahmadi community residing in the area and another group from which one person's motorcycle allegedly hit a chicken belonging to the former group.

A heated argument ensued which soon blew out of proportion, according to the police report, which further describes that slogans were raised, shots were fired, stones were pelted, and a nearby Ahmadi place of worship was damaged and set on fire — all in the presence of police officials — causing panic among the residents. Thirty-one people were injured as a result, including six belonging to the Ahmadi community.

Saleemuddin, a spokesperson of the Ahmadi community, told Dawn.com that what began as a verbal altercation "was given a religious colour" and soon turned into a full-blown fight.

Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry, while addressing a press conference, described the incident as a "personal conflict" and " a law and order situation" between two groups.

A police vehicle on routine patrol received word from Rescue 15 about the fight. The situation was later defused when the superintendent police (SP) and the district police officer (DPO) arrived at the scene and took control. No arrests were made and as many as 70-80 unknown people from either side are on the run, said the police report.

The injured were taken to Allied, Civil and THQ Khorianwala hospitals.

The police recovered 10 spent bullet casings and five spent bullet cartridges from the scene along with burnt materials from within the place of worship as evidence.

A case has been registered under sections 324 (attempt to commit qatl-i-amd), 295-A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings of any class by insulting its religion or religious beliefs), 436 (mischief by fire or explosive substance with intent to destroy house, etc.), 427 (mischief causing damage to the amount of fifty rupees or upwards), 148 (rioting, armed with deadly weapon), 149 (every member of unlawful assembly guilty of offence committed in prosecution of common object) of the Pakistan Penal Code and section 7 (punishment for acts of terrorism) of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997

Okay 31 people injured and 6 from Ahmadi community so who were the poor 25 here?

Next time don't fight near a religious place chose a different place for phada

And why did the chicken crossed the road?

Zero tolerance should be enacted for anybody involved in targeting religious places, its time for these extremists to be put in their place.
This is not a religious incident this is a fight over a chicken that came under a motorcycle. If it was a religious violence how come out of 31 only six injured are from minority and 25 from majority religion. This means on one side six fighting were from a minority religion and most probably the fire was a false fire.
The dynamics are not fitting to be a religious fight. The name of minority is being used to cover the facts.

That's really tragic. Their temple should not be harmed..also tragic are injuries...

This is not a religious incident this is a fight over a chicken that came under a motorcycle. If it was a religious violence how come out of 31 only six injured are from minority and 25 from majority religion. This means on one side six fighting were from a minority religion and most probably the fire was a false fire.
The dynamics are not fitting to be a religious fight. The name of minority is being used to cover the facts.

From the facts so far it seems like group A and group B got into an argument over the chicken, and then group A started to use offensive and derogatory terms towards group B and consequently a brawl broke out.

Shots were fired, stones were thrown, and eventually a fire broke out in the nearby Ahmadi place of worship.

To me it seems pretty clear that certain instigators forced their way into the argument and tried to attack the community; You and I both know some Pakistanis hold these prejudices so its not unreasonable to assume that there was malicious intent here.

From the facts so far it seems like group A and group B got into an argument over the chicken, and then group A started to use offensive and derogatory terms towards group B and consequently a brawl broke out.

Shots were fired, stones were thrown, and eventually a fire broke out in the nearby Ahmadi place of worship.

To me it seems pretty clear that certain instigators forced their way into the argument and tried to attack the community; You and I both know some Pakistanis hold these prejudices so its not unreasonable to assume that there was malicious intent here.

The police has 436 in FIR that means there is doubt the fire was set by home group to gain legal advantage. This is not a Ahmadi vs Muslim fight because if Muslim are in majority I fail to understand how 6 Ahmadis got injured and 25 Muslims got injured. If I buy the title and reject the content then there is giant Ahmadi living in fasilabad who injured 25 persons and why both groups are on the run. This is a pure case of misuse of minority name and the fight is between 2 groups with out any minority basis. The narrative is being misused here and khooni liberals are having a nice day nothing more.

If a chicken fight is going to make to headlines then there is a serious issue with the media.

What is next animal activists will raise their voice for the well being of chicken who came under motorcycle?

This is totally bias media no one reported on the condition of the chicken.

No tolerance on minority rights but the case here is different.

The police has 436 in FIR that means there is doubt the fire was set by home group to gain legal advantage. This is not a Ahmadi vs Muslim fight because if Muslim are in majority I fail to understand how 6 Ahmadis got injured and 25 Muslims got injured. If I buy the title and reject the content then there is giant Ahmadi living in fasilabad who injured 25 persons and why both groups are on the run.

How can there be no doubt until any kind of investigation has taken place?

The scenario you are suggesting would be that the ahmadi group got into a fight over a chicken, which resulted in stone pelting, slogans, and shots being fired; and then the Ahmadi community burnt down their own mosque to make it seem like they were attacked.

Ask yourself what would be the point? What do they gain and what do they lose:

Gain-
Sympathy from liberal types
Reporting in a newspaper
Lose-
The cost of rebuilding the mosque
fear and insecurity in their own community
the chance of other "copycat" style attacks elsewhere
half a dozen community members injured

Im not saying the Ahmadi group is completely innocent either, but it seems clear to me that there was intent here to cause damage, and when they do find the ones that wanted to instigate violence they need to make an example out of them.

How can there be no doubt until any kind of investigation has taken place?

The scenario you are suggesting would be that the ahmadi group got into a fight over a chicken, which resulted in stone pelting, slogans, and shots being fired; and then the Ahmadi community burnt down their own mosque to make it seem like they were attacked.

Ask yourself what would be the point? What do they gain and what do they lose:

Gain-
Sympathy from liberal types
Reporting in a newspaper
Lose-
The cost of rebuilding the mosque
fear and insecurity in their own community
the chance of other "copycat" style attacks elsewhere
half a dozen community members injured

Im not saying the Ahmadi group is completely innocent either, but it seems clear to me that there was intent here to cause damage, and when they do find the ones that wanted to instigate violence they need to make an example out of them.

Okay explain me this 6 Ahmadis injured 25 Muslims injured and 1 chicken.
All the accused are on the run from both sides.

What is happening here?

Brother things are a bit strange than what the title is suggesting here.

About stone pelting I think some one opened others head with a brick and media found the word stone pelting.

Shots being fired means some kantuta did a hawai firing with 30 bore.

Last edited:
Okay explain me this 6 Ahmadis injured 25 Muslims injured and 1 chicken.
All the accused are on the run from both sides.

Could be that the ahmadi group was armed, could be that the ahmadi group ran before the police arrived. Anything could have happened the number of injuries is irrelevant to the motivation or intent.

About stone pelting I think some one opened others head with a brick and media found the word stone pelting.

Shots being fired means some kantuta did a hawai firing with 30 bore.

Like I said we cant know this until some kind of investigation takes place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom