What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jab Helicopter Land ker jaai to Bolna !!
2006 se , Super Cobra ki Carrot hai

it does seem a bit expensive... and I don't understand why 15 cobras and 1000 hellfires. it's not a 20mm cannon round you don't have to throw an ATGM to everything.

I do believe that Turkey could offer a better deal with a mix of UMTAS and Cirit missiles. UMTAS does the same thing as Hellfire and cirit offers a cheaper, lighter option against lighter targets.
Similar to UMTAS, we have Barq missiles.

But, US never allows integration of foriegn weapons on its platforms... unless you are israel.

So what you trying to say that I have no sense ?

TOW and Hellfire require different guidance and fire-control systems, not to mention even if PA had somehow managed to magically put some laser targeting systems on its Cobras, they would have had to perform integration somewhere as well ... of course with missile they still don't have!!
Of course that implies PA has not only the know-how of the architecture of the hellfire and how to interface it with the hardware in AH-1Fs but can also modify the legacy Cobras for such a feat without any American help or permission.
Lets not forget that while a TOW weighs in around 22lbs each, a Hellfire missile (lets say R version which we ordered for the AH-1Z) is almost 110lb. So did PA modify the AH-1Fs to fire 2 missiles they don't have in the inventory instead of the 4-8 TOW missiles it can carry?
Hence, common sense tells me that no, AH-1Fs in PA cannot and will not at anytime in the future ever be capable of firing the Hellfire and claiming such a thing is utter crap.
As for your question, reflect upon it yourself and reach your own conclusions.

TOW and Hellfire require different guidance and fire-control systems, not to mention even if PA had somehow managed to magically put some laser targeting systems on its Cobras, they would have had to perform integration somewhere as well ... of course with missile they still don't have!!
Of course that implies PA has not only the know-how of the architecture of the hellfire and how to interface it with the hardware in AH-1Fs but can also modify the legacy Cobras for such a feat without any American help or permission.
Lets not forget that while a TOW weighs in around 22lbs each, a Hellfire missile (lets say R version which we ordered for the AH-1Z) is almost 110lb. So did PA modify the AH-1Fs to fire 2 missiles they don't have in the inventory instead of the 4-8 TOW missiles it can carry?
Hence, common sense tells me that no, AH-1Fs in PA cannot and will not at anytime in the future ever be capable of firing the Hellfire and claiming such a thing is utter crap.

I don't have to reflect anything upon me as there is no conclusions it was a just simple question no need get more in to it thank you for the info and your good common sense.

Crown jewel of the Viper.. the TSS System

mfc-tss-photo-05.jpg

mfc-tss-pc1.jpg

Overview
The Target Sight System (TSS) is the multi-sensor electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) fire control system (AN/AAQ-30A) for the U.S. Marine Corps AH-1Z attack helicopter. TSS has an infrared pointer, large-aperture mid-wave infrared (MWIR) sensor, color TV, laser designator/rangefinder (with eye-safe mode) and an on-gimbal inertial measurement unit integrated into a highly stabilized turret. The turret mounts to the nose of the aircraft via the Lockheed Martin-developed aircraft interface structure. TSS’ advanced sensors provide pilots with enhanced capabilities to acquire, track and designate targets at maximum weapon range, significantly enhancing platform survivability and lethality.

Features

• Large aperture MWIR with four fields-of-view for maximum image resolution and long-range performance
  • Highly stabilized and inertially isolated gimbal for precise line-of-sight pointing
  • Multi-mode multi-target tracker for precision weapon designation and target geo-location
  • Advanced image processing to enhance target identification at extended ranges
  • High magnification, continuous zoom, color TV with field-of-view matched to the MWIR
  • Versatile modular architecture for future growth

Sir why we going to america for weapons after all that drama?

currently no, future probably, i doubt america will have issue for system we already exist unless things are very bad and they want us to buy more gunships

i wonder what about turkish system..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom