What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trust me these are not CRAPS lol... man deadly as hell! ruk tu ja Pakistan is playing similar blackmailing game that US playing with Pakistan since long time... Pakistan nay jhadi dekhaye hey Mi35 aur Z10 ke.. saath he Amreekans ke phat gaye hey kay if Pakistan will get non-sanction US hardware.. tu Pakistan tu finger dekhayega abhe thora sa counter terror pe haath sakht kya hey tu hamain aankhain dekha rahay Pakistan lol... fully nikal gaya tu WAR GAYE AMREEKAN lol
rok diye Helicopter or paisay phir se ab kya karoge?

this is a FMS case.

Weapons are a tool of policy and relationship. They will always be used to enforce the dilly dally.
Thank you for the response.
~ $952 million for 12 AH1Z vipers+ 1000 ATGMs + spares + accessories + training + delivery. Hell of a price tag!. How much Pakistan has to pay out of $952 million?
..and Biggest concerns for latter years will be to deal with potential embargoes on spares.
Thanks again, Sir.

Thank you for the response.
~ $952 million for 12 AH1Z vipers+ 1000 ATGMs + spares + accessories + training + delivery. Hell of a price tag!. How much Pakistan has to pay out of $952 million?
..and Biggest concerns for latter years will be to deal with potential embargoes on spares.
Thanks again, Sir.

We are now immune to these embargoes.

There are no embargoes in place. I guess the issue would be the possibility that the AH-1Zs were paid in part (or all) using FMF. However, the U.S. froze future payments, I don't know what it can do to retroactively suspend, that would just be punitive and a genuine sign of collapsing US-Pakistan defence ties (like the 1990s). However, the US DoD and DoS have been forthright about maintaining ties. The fact that the DoD is not worried about supply line closures is a clear sign that they're engaged with Pakistan. Finally, while political sides in Pakistan and the US are fuming, the bureaucrats and armed forces are trying to manage things.

The transfer of these birds, FMF and CSF is contingent on the DoD certifying Pakistan's work, so it's his word against Trump's fuming. It seems the DoD wants to sign-off, but he has to deal with Trump basically dismissing any real gains with a selfish tweet. If it's apparent that Trump is an unstable individual, then the DoD can bide its time and try to link Pakistan up via 3rd parties (e.g. Turkey/T129) to achieve strategic aims until Trump is out. Remember, in Carter's time the US had offered to link Pakistan up to financing sources in Europe for the purchase of Mirage 2000s instead of F-16s. If the AH-1Zs are canned then it's a matter of the US helping Turkey increase the loan to $2 bn so that Pakistan can get 45 T129 instead of 30. Remember, this is about aid money, not embargoes - so the LHTEC engines should, technically, be a go.
its DoD own doing..they brief and certify Pakistan commitment and corporation
so this whole thing seems to be conspiracy theory..
i think that everyone is on the same page in US

it does seem a bit expensive... and I don't understand why 15 cobras and 1000 hellfires. it's not a 20mm cannon round you don't have to throw an ATGM to everything.

I do believe that Turkey could offer a better deal with a mix of UMTAS and Cirit missiles. UMTAS does the same thing as Hellfire and cirit offers a cheaper, lighter option against lighter targets.

it does seem a bit expensive... and I don't understand why 15 cobras and 1000 hellfires. it's not a 20mm cannon round you don't have to throw an ATGM to everything.

I do believe that Turkey could offer a better deal with a mix of UMTAS and Cirit missiles. UMTAS does the same thing as Hellfire and cirit offers a cheaper, lighter option against lighter targets.

I believe those 1,000 hellfire missiles can be used on our older cobras as well that's why , why 15 cobars well that's what the US gov approved for simply.

I believe those 1,000 hellfire missiles can be used on our older cobras as well that's why , why 15 cobars well that's what the US gov approved for simply.
but we have ordered only 12

Older Cobras cant use Hellfires. Its good that we ordered plenty of them as they would last us a while.

Older Cobras cant use Hellfires. Its good that we ordered plenty of them as they would last us a while.

And who told you that they cant ? if the older Cobras can fire TOW then why not Hellfires?

Last edited:
And who told you that they cant ? if the older Cobras can fire TOW then why not Hellfires?
they can if upgrades are made/integration is done, whther this has been done to PA cobras i dont know
its like we dont know whther PAF vipers can carry harpoons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom