What's new

Agni-VI all set to take shape

There is some confusion here, some one knowledged could clear this Agni V was already stated to be capable of carrying MIRV and road mobile. Why go for just a 1000 km increase ??
Probably to travel from India to Shanghai via London! Surprise and deception, you know!! :lol:

@MIRV:

Till date officially India is not integrated MIRV to any missile... Unofficially no one can say..

Last edited by a moderator:

Never trust communists. Are you sure the data given in wiki is right about DF-31, Are you sure even if it exists??? better not discuss or compare anything with china..

Yes if you want to compare it compare with some western missiles.

We know it because Pentagon follows and reports it's findings, and the 11,250+ km range given to DF-31A comes from Pentagon... Chinese have never given any specific information because they don't feel need to brag about their missiles capabilities.

tB7uRE2.jpg

http://www.fas.org/programs/ssp/nukes/NASIC2009.pdf

Bragging about new BM capabilities should be left for countries who do not have anything else to brag about.

Hmm, you make a good point. But given the proximity of Pakistan to India (duh), won't it make sense for us to target Pakistani missiles right at the boost stage? That way we can completely negate the value of MIRV and other ABM defenses.

Knowledgeable junta - please opine.
Boost-phase defense

As of boost-phase interceptions, these would be desired as an initial layer of defense. It is the only layer that can cost-effectively destroy MIRV missiles.

Currently only Aegis has a possible boost-phase capability, but—in case of SM2—it needs to be within 40 km of a launch point. This is acceptable for SLBMs, but not likely for land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBMs).

Boost-phase defense against solid-fueled ICBMs

Boost-phase defense is significantly harder against the current solid-fueled ICBMs, because their boost phase is shorter. Current solid-fueled ICBMs include Russian Topol, and Chinese DF-31 and DF-41, along the US Minuteman and Trident.

There is no theoretical perspective for economically viable boost-phase defense against the latest solid-fueled ICBMs, no matter if it would be ground-based missiles, space-based missiles, or airborne laser (ABL).

Boost-phase defense against older ICBMs

A ground-based boost-phase defense might be possible, if goals were somewhat limited: to counter older liquid-fuel propelled ICBMs, and counter simple solid-propellant missiles launched from "easier" locations (such as North Korea).

The airborne laser (ABL) is possibly capable of intercepting a liquid fuel missile if within 600 km from a launch point.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-effectiveness-reliability.html#ixzz2KB6cjPJh

I cant believe we will have this capability soon, but going by DRDO's recent record why not. I kind of feel US, ISRAEL and Russia is helping us big time.

Never trust communists. Are you sure the data given in wiki is right about DF-31, Are you sure even if it exists??? better not discuss or compare anything with china..

Yes if you want to compare it compare with some western missiles.

Exactly realize there is deception all around us. Take the statments, separarte the facts from fiction, the truth from the bullshit.

i read one article in missile threat.com title "Agni Missiles: More than what meets the eye?" claims India's Agni series missiles especially Agni iii,iv,v are all actually ICBM missiles with ranges much more than what actually India claims and that too India have ICBM much before unofficially and the basis of such claim is agni missiles characteristics i.e the article compares the Agni missiles with other ICBM of US,China and Russia like minuteman 3,Peacekeeper,Topol M,Dongfeng 31 and 41 and found out that Agni missiles are actually more longer and heavier than other ICBM's with equally powerful propelant engines thus more fuel and more range.

For more read missilethreat.com/agni-missiles-more-than-what-meets-the-eye/

I myself also sometime thinks that DRDO is much more worried about developing and involving latest technology to its missiles like ring laser gyroscope,inertial navigation systems,missile defence evading sensors,etc etc than worriying about range may be because India has that range already but downplays it.

No, I didn't say WILL, I said CAN.

Explain and document statement?

I am not 100% sure but I have seen most of the Goods Train in India with Max Tare 55T written over it. Thought that the max weight which can be taken by the rails (moving at a decent enough speed) might be somewhere near this value.. Also, the Tank Arjun MK-II being ~58 tonnes is called less rail mobile..so ...

I know mate, but what i wanted to highlight is the point that there is very little even an advanced ABM can do against MIRV.
I hope you maintain your position after Pakistan introduces MIRVs too. (no trolling intended)

MIRV's have no relation to Missile defense.The only advantage a MIRV'd missile could have over NoN-MIRV'd is that it could carry countermeasures due its high payload characteristics.Number of warheads does not decide the efficiency of missile defense.It is decided by warhead characteristics.

MIRV'd missile is more suitable for surprise strike and second strike.

Hmm, you make a good point. But given the proximity of Pakistan to India (duh), won't it make sense for us to target Pakistani missiles right at the boost stage? That way we can completely negate the value of MIRV and other ABM defenses.

Knowledgeable junta - please opine.

India does not enjoy degree of air superiority that would be required target missile in boost phase by the means that we have and technology has not reached a pointed where it could be done by any system by remaining within Indian border.

Back
Top Bottom