What's new

Agni-V to be test fired in September 2011

Agni V????????????:undecided:

But when did India test his Agni-IV missile???:undecided:

I guess last time I heard test of any Agni missile was that of Agni-2 and result of the test was normal (in case of India) cuz test failed :lol::lol::lol:

I really wish you guys good luck with Agni-5 :wave:

we do not have Agni IV and the missile which failed was NOT Agni 2 its was Agni 2*(star or plus) advanced Agni 2 with increased range and many other parameters. It was an EXPERIMENTAL missile which will fill the gap between Agni 2 and 3.

The Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL) in Hyderabad, which develops India’s strategic (long-range, nuclear-tipped) missiles, has dramatically increased the options for its forthcoming Agni-5 missile by making it highly road-mobile, or easily transportable by road.

That enables the Agni-5 to reach targets far beyond its stated 5,000-km range by quickly moving closer to the target. In a hypothetical war against, say, Sweden, an Agni-5 launcher, stationed near Bangalore, would be unable to strike Stockholm, 7,000 km away. But moving by road to Amritsar would bring Stockholm within range.

Similarly, moving the Agni-5 to northeast India would bring even Harbin, China’s northernmost city, within striking range. From various places across India, the Agni-5 can reach every continent except North and South America.

The Agni-5 will be the first canisterised, road-mobile missile in India’s arsenal, similar to the Dongfeng-31A that created ripples during China’s National Day Military Parade in Beijing on October 1. India’s current long-range missile, the Agni-3, a non-canisterised missile, can only be moved with difficulty from one place to another.

In many other respects, the Agni-5, which is scheduled to make its first flight in early-2011, carries forward the Agni-3 pedigree. With composites used extensively to reduce weight, and a third stage added on (the Agni-3 was a two-stage missile), the Agni-5 can fly 1,500 km further than the 3,500-km Agni-3.

“The Agni-5 is specially tailored for road-mobility,” explains Avinash Chander, Director, ASL. “With the canister having been successfully developed, all India’s future land-based strategic missiles will be canisterised as well”.

Made of maraging steel, a canister must provide a hermitically sealed atmosphere that preserves the missile for years. During firing, the canister must absorb enormous stresses when a thrust of 300to 400 tonnes is generated to eject the 50-tonne missile.

Canister technology was first developed in India for the Brahmos cruise missile. But it was the K-15 underwater-launched missile, developed here in Hyderabad for India’s nuclear-powered submarine, INS Arihant, which fully overcame the technological hurdles in canisterising ballistic missiles.

Another major technological breakthrough that will beef up the Agni-5 is ASL’s success in developing and testing MIRVs (multiple independently targetable re-entry vehicles). An MIRV, atop an Agni-5 missile, comprises three to 10 separate nuclear warheads. Each warhead can be assigned to a separate target, separated by hundreds of kilometres; alternatively, two or more warheads can be assigned to one target.

“We have made major progress on the MIRVs in the last two years,” is all that Avinash Chander is willing to say on the subject.

Nevertheless, extensive testing still lies ahead for this highly complex technology. MIRVs will be deployed on the Agni-5 only after another 4-5 years.

While MIRV technology is similar to launching multiple satellites through a space rocket, a missile requires far greater accuracy. A satellite would be considered in correct orbit even it is a kilometre higher or lower than planned.

But each warhead in an MIRV must impact within 40 metres of its target. With such high accuracies, even small nuclear warheads are sufficient for the job.

Strategic planners consider MIRVs essential, given India’s declared “no first use” nuclear policy. Even after an enemy has hit India with a full-fledged nuclear strike, destroying or incapacitating much of the strategic arsenal, a handful of surviving Indian missiles must be capable of retaliating with massive and unacceptable damage. Multiple warheads on a handful of Agni-5 missiles would constitute such a capability.

MIRVs also enable a single missile to overwhelm the enemy’s missile defences. Tracking and shooting down multiple warheads are far more difficult than intercepting a single warhead.

Providing each warhead with the capability to manoeuvre, and dodge enemy interceptor missiles, increases survivability further. The MIRV warheads are also being given electronic packages for jamming enemy radars.

]

And you wonder why Chinese don't trust Indians, you need to ask yourself a question, do you really need to mention it time after time this weapon that weapon is so-called specially for China? can you name me which country will stupid enough to provoke others like Indians do? It will accomplish nothing other than showing the world your feeling of insecurity.:pop:
Best of "LUCK" to your upcoming test, you need it badly:D

Tehelka is not Indian govt's mouthpiece,u may have this feeling because u may be an avid reader of global times.

Why these magazine start talking bout china... Indian missile development program is just to show the technological supremacy and defensive in nature...

Tehelka is not Indian govt's mouthpiece,u may have this feeling because u may be an avid reader of global times.

And you wonder why Chinese don't trust Indians

Did i mention India in my post? and you are telling me your media are not Indians:lol: Anyway, let me have the honour to present you a picture of nice "Firework" to congrate you guys in advance for your successful up coming "Agni-v" test.:yahoo:
Indian-Rocket-Failed.jpg
:partay:

I guess last time I heard test of any Agni missile was that of Agni-2 and result of the test was normal (in case of India) cuz test failed :lol::lol::lol:

I dnt why any of mod delete these type of posts

And when Indian members replying in same manner then they got banned (Import, Painted)

And when Indian members replying in same manner then they got banned (Import, Painted)

Mods like T-Faz, Sparklingway, Beserk, Blain2 are more proactive in dealing with such spammers. I don't think they frequent this section anymore, these days. For those that do, I'd say mods are human, too!:devil:

you must separate wheat from chaff, cause there are still some very good posters.

On topic, demonstrating MIRV technology will be one of the key challanges of this test. MIRV tech, if acquired; will go a long way in bolstering India's second strike ability.

Did i mention India in my post? and you are telling me your media are not Indians:lol: Anyway, let me have the honour to present you a picture of nice "Firework" to congrate you guys in advance for your successful up coming "Agni-v" test.:yahoo:
Indian-Rocket-Failed.jpg

And you wonder why Indians don't trust chinese

Last edited by a moderator:
And you wonder why Chinese don't trust Indians, you need to ask yourself a question, do you really need to mention it time after time this weapon that weapon is so-called specially for China? can you name me which country will stupid enough to provoke others like Indians do? It will accomplish nothing other than showing the world your feeling of insecurity.:pop:
Best of "LUCK" to your upcoming test, you need it badly:D

Now think about that, will you? The Chinese attacked India previously back in '62 and there was an escalation of tension in the 80's. According to the US, the Chinese are using Pakistan as a wedge to slow down India. And you wonder why? Keep your "luck" and shove it.

I guess last time I heard test of any Agni missile was that of Agni-2 and result of the test was normal (in case of India) cuz test failed :lol:

Nothing called Agni-IV

it was a new design of Agni-II Prime

We accept the failure that some other thing, i dont want to vomit like your post..

we do not have Agni IV and the missile which failed was NOT Agni 2 its was Agni 2*(star or plus) advanced Agni 2 with increased range and many other parameters. It was an EXPERIMENTAL missile which will fill the gap between Agni 2 and 3.

AGNI-II PRIME

Not to fill any gap between Agni-II and Agni-III

Indian-Rocket-Failed.jpg

Reverse engineering technology also failed i think in most populated nation on earth

In pakistani forum u dont except any thing like this...

Back
Top Bottom