What's new

Agni V Discussions

No kidding. In the video, you can see the missile has stopped going further away from the camera after 35 sec, and instead it starts moving perpendicular to the camera, toward the ground, meaning it is losing altitude, not gaining altitude.

http://drdo.gov.in/whatsnew/AGNI A5-01.wmv
http://drdo.gov.in/whatsnew/AGNI A5-02.wmv

2956e1k.jpg

Of course the Earth is round, so as the rocket gains altitude, you see the missile from the rear (where the plumes come out of the nozzle). The rocket should only be perpendicular to the camera when it is way out in space, 1:08 is too early for it to be perpendicular to the camera. So, it lost altitude way too early and started going down. You can see the rocket stages separate around 1:30 and then the rocket burns out entirely around 2:00.

If the launch was successful, you wouldn't even see the second stage, it would already been in the stratosphere beyond camera range by them.

After the rocket burned out around 2:00, you can't see anything anymore. The rocket debris landed beyond the horizon in the indian ocean.

Absolutely! I saw the video and think it's very odd like what you said. But given it's India it comes as no surprise to me.

From this one can apparently conclude that the definition of "success" of Indian Dr.DO ( or DoNOT :lol:) is that if it doesn't exploid WVR, then it's a "success". :rofl:

...anyone can make a siisle that doesn't exploid WVR, yet only a few (the UNSC Big 5) can make it reliable and accurate - the real definition of successful missles.

Yet I guess we have to wait a couple of days until a random northem Indian peasant complains that some huge thing dropped from the sky and destroyed his vege field days ago...:lol:

Agni-5 range differential/payload-

5000km - 1.5 ton
6000km - 1 ton
8000km - 0.5 ton
got any source??? cause wiki reports max 2500 kgs payload...

Border Security Force officers watch television coverage of the launch of India`s Agni-V missile, at their base on the outskirts of Amritsar (they have killed a no. of Pak intruders lately :D)

559413_10150708706983071_87167763070_9389371_1659190793_n.jpg

Okay, let's leave them to their self-delusions today.

The rocket is clearing moving perpendicular to the camera, not away from the camera. You can see the body of the missile at 90 degree at 1:08. This part of the test was NOT supposed to happen :azn:

LOL at indian inferiority. Your Agni-5 is another humiliating failure. Good luck for Agni-6 and Agni-7.
2956e1k.jpg

Now it's time for China to put india back in its place! The nuclear missile genie is out of the bottle, too, because india wants to play with the big boys. :azn:

dGKUr.jpg

This isn 't YOUTUBE bro!!!!!!:P

Absolutely! I saw the video and think it's very odd like what you said. But given it's India it comes as no surprise to me.

From this one can apparently conclude that the definition of "success" of Indian Dr.DO ( or DoNOT :lol:) is that if it doesn't exploid WVR, then it's a "success". :rofl:

...anyone can make a siisle that doesn't exploid WVR, yet only a few (the UNSC Big 5) can make it reliable and accurate - the real definition of successful missles.

Yet I guess we have to wait a couple of days until a random northem Indian peasant complains that some huge thing dropped from the sky and destroyed his vege field days ago...:lol:
The Chinese government has already stated that Agni-5 comes from diverted civilian space rocket technology. VIDEO: INTERVIEW WITH SU XIAOHUI CCTV News - CNTV English

got any source??? cause wiki reports max 2500 kgs payload...

There cannot be sources for this. I got this from a few experts like Vstol Jockey at IDF.

Wiki cannot be trusted here. The scientists have developed special chromium-based coatings for the
missile nose section that reduces the drag by 40% approx. This greatly helps in increasing the range.

There's a thread on this very forum about this -

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...vZi7BQ&usg=AFQjCNEp39pKGHuHToW3j6nG1BuwzfpgbA

Even wiki says so about this -

Agni (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In May 2008 Indian scientists announced they had developed and patented a path-breaking technology that increases the range of missiles and satellite launch vehicles by at least 40%.[30] The enhanced range is made possible by adding a special-purpose coating of chromium-based material to a rocket's blunt nose cone. The material acts as a reactive-ablative coating that forms a thin low density gaseous layer at the tip of the rocket as it approaches hypersonic speeds; this super-heated gas layer reduces drag by 47% (at mach 7-8), thereby allowing range enhancements at least 40%.[31][32] It has been announced that this technology will be incorporated in future Agni deployments after having undergone ranging and calibration tests.

with 1.5ton payload, the range is 5000km, so basically it is more like an upgraded DF-3a. our DF-4 has 5500km range when the payload is 2.2 ton, and this retired missile was made in 1975.

with 1.5ton payload, the range is 5000km, so basically it is more like an upgraded DF-3a. our DF-4 has 5500km range when the payload is 2.2 ton, and this retired missile was made in 1975.

Dont worry we Indians are habitual of carrying overload...........

Yet I guess we have to wait a couple of days until a random northem Indian peasant complains that some huge thing dropped from the sky and destroyed his vege field days ago... :lol: THIS is the BEST case scenario.

It would not surprise me that days later in a news appears in a small corver of GreenPeace website, reporting that the local fishmen complained that a huge school of fish have been blasted to death by an unknown cause cerca the Wheeler Island.

Yet I guess we have to wait a couple of days until a random northem Indian peasant complains that some huge thing dropped from the sky and destroyed his vege field days ago... :lol: THIS is the BEST case scenario.

It would not surprise me that days later in a news appears in a small corver of GreenPeace website, reporting that the local fishmen complained that a huge school of fish have been blasted to death by an unknown cause cerca the Wheeler Island.

Here mod, pay attention rather than handing out infractions to me for posting pics of BSF soldiers. Shameless moderation by Asim!

A missile cant be "like an upgraded" s/o just bcoz its range and payload are similar. Look at the technologies.
Look at A5's CEP of >30-40m approx. And its also MIRV capable, unlike your phased out DF-3...:lol:

The Chinese government has already stated that Agni-5 comes from diverted civilian space rocket technology. VIDEO: INTERVIEW WITH SU XIAOHUI CCTV News - CNTV English

Let's just face it. Rocket science is no longer rocket science. We have seen so many failed states building rockets/missiles.

india will soon or later master this tech. given we made a better missile in 1975 (DF-4), it is 100% acceptable for india to come up with something slightly worse 37 years after DF-4

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom