What's new

Agni V canister and mobile launch vehicle TCT 5 tested successfully

so problem is abt development of material for TBC but interfacial strength between them?

Problem is, like always, in translating a laboratory process to an Industrial one, as in getting it down to a fabrication process that is both economical and can depend upon fabricating infrastructure, THAT will take its own time based upon what the babus and chaiwalas want.

@Abingdonboy The TCT is a TATA SED product.

Tata Power SED :: Product Range and Capabilities

@Abingdonboy @Capt.Popeye Seems that there is an issue, shall have to confirm the above.
The integration and fabrication work might be done by TATA SED with critical design inputs from R & DE (E) and VRDE but I am still perplexed as to the origin of the truck itself. A lot of the trucks on that link are not TATA trucks at all but TATRAs, I still think this truck looks like a VOLVO, possibly a TATRA- both have been used by the DRDO/SFC in the past:

1359198330_Agni%20V%20missiles.jpg

agniIII380.jpg

25422621.cms

Whilst TATA makes some very nice products (particularly the Prima series) they, like all Indian HGV manufacturers, are still lacking at the top end hauler/trailer-tractor models with the enormous grunt that the likes of VOLVO products offer. This is why you see the haulage market in India for oversized haulage almost entirely dominated by foreign players like MAN, VOLVO etc

I don't think the truck, whatever it is, is the final solution. I mean, Agni-4 and Agni-5 are meant to get
trucks like these by the time they enter service :

RT-2PM-SS-25-Sickle-TEL-Stowed-3S.jpg

It would be funny if they go with the same type of "trailers" as the Agni-1/2/3 for the final versions.

I don't think the truck, whatever it is, is the final solution. I mean, Agni-4 and Agni-5 are meant to get
trucks like these by the time they enter service :

RT-2PM-SS-25-Sickle-TEL-Stowed-3S.jpg

It would be funny if they go with the same type of "trailers" as the Agni-1/2/3 for the final versions.

why ? don't you think it will make enemy satellites difficult to differentiate them and hence identify accurately ?

Ultimately our ability to hide them effectively is crucial to ensure second strike capability ....

The integration and fabrication work might be done by TATA SED with critical design inputs from R & DE (E) and VRDE but I am still perplexed as to the origin of the truck itself. A lot of the trucks on that link are not TATA trucks at all but TATRAs, I still think this truck looks like a VOLVO, possibly a TATRA- both have been used by the DRDO/SFC in the past:

1359198330_Agni%20V%20missiles.jpg

agniIII380.jpg

25422621.cms

Whilst TATA makes some very nice products (particularly the Prima series) they, like all Indian HGV manufacturers, are still lacking at the top end hauler/trailer-tractor models with the enormous grunt that the likes of VOLVO products offer. This is why you see the haulage market in India for oversized haulage almost entirely dominated by foreign players like MAN, VOLVO etc

The platforms being toted around in parades are not indicative of the final TEL design, at least there is an even chance that they are not, one need only look at the DRDO owned trucks which showcased the Brahmos or the Prahaar for the first time.

Lets wait and see.

......Hindi humare rashtrabhasha hain................
Hindi is not India's National language, it is one of our official languages........infact, India has NO national language....
.........aur mera bhi matrabhasha hain:smitten:
How come your mother-tongue is Hindi......you said you're a Bengali.....

On Topic: Good progress by DRDO and its associates......this is one sector in which we're progressing satisfactorily.........

Last edited:
Hindi is not India's National language, it is one of our official languages........infact, India has NO national language....

How come your mother-tongue is Hindi......you said you're a Bengali.....

On Topic: Good progress by DRDO and its associates......this is one sector in which we're progressing satisfactorily.........
Yeah mate i am a Bengali by origin but my mother's first language has always been Hindi as her family hails from the state of Jharkhand.
Sorry my mistake,Hindi and English are both the Official Languages of India and the Constitution recognizes 22 languages as scheduled languages...:coffee:

why ? don't you think it will make enemy satellites difficult to differentiate them and hence identify accurately ?

Ultimately our ability to hide them effectively is crucial to ensure second strike capability ....

I think once we come to determine the final size of our missiles as we incorproate it, then we change the laws to ensue that all trucks with trailers are of the same size. It's very easy to build disposable trailers to coer and mask the missiles. once, we have done this, it will be impossible to target the lunch vehicles.

I just hope we add extra protection to such vehicles. Hijacking, loss, theft are big secuirty issues. Each and every truck should be armed with GPS that can be activated and deactivated (must resolve any potential hacking issues), small arms weapons, secuirty convoy, etc. A lot of planning has to go into this to utilize this properly.

Back
Top Bottom