What's new

Agni IV, Agni-III launch next week

maybe for missiles like prithvi but won't be so in case of sophiticated ones like A5 and A4s

Exactly,,,we really don't need to >70 A5s,,,we need some 35-45 fitted with MIRVs and
that's enough.

so India is showcasing Missiles to the world which it already has in numbers.. and A3 range over 3000, A4 range 4000... nice coverup. more likely A3 upto 5000, A4 upto 7000 and A5 upto 10000 range.

Exactly, i like the way DRDO keeps the actual power of the missiles or for that matter all weapon systems in raps, If we can put a satellite with our rockets 36000 KM away in Geo-stationary Orbit, than we also have all the capabilities to build an ICBM. A-5 is definitely a 8000+ missile (not sure of 10k+ though) as reported by Chinese experts, our defence establishment really plays with our media, the so called China killer is actually an ICBM :D

Officially a missile is considered in service , when One regiment is complete , which in Indian Context means 60-67 Missiles need to be inducted before The missile is declared in service
Agni 3 Production began in late 2010 , so its quite likely that 16-20 of these missiles are already in service

:woot: whats the use of 60+ missiles of such a high range which can only be used for a nuclear strike since if it is not used so (non nuclear payload), the enemy will treat it as a nuclear missile anyways, this will give them a green signal for a nuclear retaliation. We should not invest so much money on a particular missile, instead make it more capable (MIRVs, canister launch, etc.) & also make a no. of missiles (diversify) so that we can easily reach the target which we want to reach.

This year might be the "Nuclear Missile-Muscle Flexing Year" of both Pakistan and India (probably China too), with Pakistan having conducted tests of 6 nuclear-capable missiles already (Abdali, Nasr, Ra'ad, Ghaznavi, Shaheen-IA, Babur) and India having conducted tests of 4 nuclear-capable missiles (Agni-I,II,V, Prithvi-II ) and Agni-III and IV in near future.
And there are still 3 months to go. :sniper:

This year might be the "Nuclear Missile-Muscle Flexing Year" of both Pakistan and India (probably China too), with Pakistan having conducted tests of 6 nuclear-capable missiles already (Abdali, Nasr, Ra'ad, Ghaznavi, Shaheen-IA, Babur) and India having conducted tests of 4 nuclear-capable missiles (Agni-I,II,V, Prithvi-II ) and Agni-III and IV in near future.
And there are still 3 months to go. :sniper:

In those 3 months you may well have to add Nirbhay to that list

Officially a missile is considered in service , when One regiment is complete , which in Indian Context means 60-67 Missiles need to be inducted before The missile is declared in service
Agni 3 Production began in late 2010 , so its quite likely that 16-20 of these missiles are already in service

1 regiment will be complete before this year ends.

Military to buy DRDO missiles worth Rs 1 lakh cr in 10 yrs

V G Sekharan, director of the Advance Systems Laboratory (ASL), which developed the Prithvi and Agni ballistic missiles, declined to quantify the values or numbers of ballistic missiles ordered by the Strategic Forces Command, which operates India’s nuclear deterrent. Informed Ministry of Defence (MoD) sources estimate more than Rs 10,000 crore worth of missile systems have been delivered, or are on order for, the five missile groups already in service: two holding Prithvi missiles; a third holding Agni-I missiles; a fourth holding Agni-II missiles; and a fifth now being raised with Agni-III missiles.

The Prithvis are used by 333 and 444 missile groups.

Agni-I is operated by 334 Missile group, Agni-II by 335. I'm assuming the Agni-III will be used by 336.

Back
Top Bottom