What's new

Agni-5 launched at 0953 local time from Kalam island

1048603517.jpg

The Agni-V inter-continental ballistic missile, which has a range of 5000-km, can hit targets anywhere in Asia, and parts of Africa and Europe. The 17-meter long, 2-meter wide, three-stage, solid-fuelled missile can carry a payload of 1.5 tons and weighs around 50 tons.

New Delhi (Sputnik) — Indian defense scientists have successfully conducted a pre-induction test of the country's longest-range nuke-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile, Agni-V, from the Abdul Kalam defense base on the eastern coast of Odisha. The test was conducted at 9.53 am (Indian Standard Time) on Thursday.

"The consecutive success of the canisterized version of the Agni V missile paves the way for initiation of its production and subsequent induction," a defense source told Sputnik.

Defense officials say that in Thursday's launch, the missile followed its entire trajectory in a textbook manner, dropping three motors at predefined stages into the Bay of Bengal. Three warships — one in midrange and two at the target point tracked the missile and witnessed the final event.

The missile had irked China when it was successfully test fired in December 2016. China said the test was against UN Security Council rules and that it threatened to disrupt the strategic geopolitical balance in South Asia.

UN Security Council Resolution 1172, which was unanimously adopted in 1998 following nuclear tests by India and Pakistan, calls upon the two countries to cease development of ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear warheads.

"Calling on India and Pakistan immediately to stop their nuclear-weapon development program, to cease development of ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear weapons and any further production of fissile material for nuclear weapons, the Council encouraged all States to prevent the export of equipment, materials or technology that could in any way assist their programs for nuclear weapons or for ballistic missiles capable of delivering such weapons,"

India's tri-service Strategic Forces Command has already inducted the missiles Agni-I, Agni-II and Agni-III and will soon induct Agni-IV and Agni-V. The Agni series of missiles has been developed by DRDO and is part India's expensive and time-consuming quest for an integrated guided missile defense system.

https://sputniknews.com/military/201801181060850252-india-tests-nuke-capable-missile/

Last edited:
For me every human life is veluable .
The exact name of the island is 'sentinel island'.
It's very interesting that even in 2018 there are people living in stone age not knowing anything about the modern world.
GOI has barred all outside interference on the island as the sentilineleese are not immune to any diseases.
Do look upon it. It's a really interesting read.

This mijjile is China specific for Pakistan agni-3 is enough for Pakistan:(
I know this mijjile haj more ranze than required for Pak.:D
But did some Chu*ia photo & video experts wasted time on TV at the time of Agni3 test, trying to prove it fake?
If this is for China, are they sitting on TV analyzing the colors of the mijjile ?? :lol:
I was talking about the below Chu*ias... Sarcasm bro
upload_2018-1-18_17-58-28.png

Last edited:
does this missile has MIRV technology?

Not in it's current form.
Agni-5 is an improved Agni-3 with a third stage tucked away at the top. That's where missiles carry multiple warheads but the space is taken by a whole third stage. On top of the third stage, sits the single 3 meters tall and 1.3 meter wide warhead. That's all Agni-5 can carry at the moment.
To carry MIRV the third stage will have to be removed and instead of that additional warheads fitted along with MIRV vehicle.
In that case Agni-5 will pay penalty with drastically reduced range as a whole stage will be gone and the missile will also carry additional weight.

Or the whole third stage will have to be redesigned. A new larger third stage will be needed which will be also wide enough to be able to fit MIRV vehicle on top and produce additional thrust to compensate for additional weight to maintain the range.
There are also other problems with Indian MIRV , discussed here in detail.
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-question-of-indian-mirv.504041/ .

One of the other major issue is the size and weight of Indian Strategic nuclear warheads, which at the moment are too big and heavy to be able to MIRV.

So warhead design will have to change on Agni-5 or another new Indian missile, such as Agni-6 will have to be able to carry 2.5 to 3 ton payload to be able to carry MIRV.
Surprisingly enough even their current design of K-4 SLBM isn't MIRV capable.
1516329279-picsay.png

Last edited:
We should definitely use this as a pretext to test our own ICBM.

Vipin Narang, an associate professor of political science at MIT who studies nuclear proliferation, said Thursday's test did not demonstrate any "new capability, (this) was simply a developmental test before India inducts it into operational range."

Narang said it's possible India's armed forces were testing the canister the missile is launched out of, as well as its ejection, flight performance and accuracy -- a "regular technical test in that regard."

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/18/asia/india-icbm-tests/index.html

try to work something useful man you were observing indian test from last 2 days very closly i notice . shuker karo main tumhara uncle nhi hoon :hitwall:
AAP wahi uncle hai naa jo baccho se jakar unke career ke bare mein ulte sidhe sawaal puchte hai? aur jab tak baccha mann mein roo na de uski jaan nahi chodte? hena?:p:
Congrats to my beloved country on this successful test...
so you want to waste billions of rupees of poor nation on a task how to hit a tiny island ? what is there in indoman Nicobar ? last time i see a video semi naked women were treated badly for food on that island .
A&D is beautiful place imran bhai, and its big, i have spent a lot of time there.....it has beautiful beaches with crystal clear water and exotic locations for holiday...:rolleyes1:
btw our nukes were always for China....

1516327261-picsay.png
For MIRV capability for Agni-5 India will have to do with it, what Pakistan did to Shaheen-3. Or make a new missile.
Pakistan changed everything above the line.

did it demonstrate MIRV capability?

Probably not, and I doubt DRDO will anytime soon either.

As the optics will look rather bad as we need to get into the NSG, only after that I think we will formally accept having MIRV capability.

As if on cue though, right after we tested Agni-5 we got admission into the nuclear export control regime 'Australia group', this shows that the relevant powers of the world want India in the NSG.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom