What's new

Agni-5 launched at 0953 local time from Kalam island

So the missile's actual range may be 5000 Km tops. Even that range covers all of china from much of North eastern and Central India.

How did you know it has 5000 kms range tops ??? Most missiles tests all over the world are never tested at full range. What if AGNI 5 is being tested in non-MET trajectory so as to show a reduced range to keep Washington happy.

pratidintv_1482729897.jpg

Anyways congrats India

unnamed3.png

Agni 5 evolution from Agni-3 both have 2m diameter which shows a possibility of MIRV in both the systems

maxresdefault.jpg

3 stages of AGNI-5 in MET trajectory

hqdefault.jpg

does this missile has MIRV technology?

With a 2M diameter a PBCV Post boost control Vehicle based injector can be made . The thing is India is finicky about announcing its MIRV capability which will give away our secret .
India claims it has small number of nuclear warheads but if you look closely it is lying it has more than it claims . A announcement of MIRV means India was lying about its MINIMALIST STAND on NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

stay aside fanboy let the experts comment on the topic at hand

I am no expert but i do have a Masters degree in Engineering and I have interned in NPCIL ( Nuclear power corporation of India limited ) . I also interned in a thinktank.

Oh I have seen the expert analysis in this forum I was flabbergasted . Sarcasm

Kid You want to see the Cheddar (Read Plutonium) and ACTUAL EXPERT ANALYSIS
Research paper by a PRINCETON PHYSICIST

Weapon-Grade Plutonium Production Potential in the Indian Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor

India is building a 500 MWe Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor, which is scheduled to be operational by 2010. India has refused to accept international safeguards on this fa-cility, raising concerns that the plutonium produced in its uranium blankets might be used to make nuclear weapons. Based on neutronics calculations for a detailed three-dimensional model of the reactor, we estimate that up to 140 kg of weapon-grade pluto-nium could be produced with this facility each year. This article shows how India's large stockpile of separated reactor-grade plutonium from its unsafeguarded spent heavy-water reactor fuel could serve as makeup fuel to allow such diversion of the weapon-grade plutonium from the blankets of the fast breeder reactor. We describe and assess the most plausible refueling strategies for producing weapon-grade plutonium in this way.

Weapon-Grade Plutonium Production Potential in the Indian Prototype Fast Breeder... | Request PDF
. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/public..._in_the_Indian_Prototype_Fast_Breeder_Reactor [accessed Jan 18 2018].

If you are interested in the Core burnup simulation of Indian PFBR . A little research paper . It behind a paywall.don't be cheap pay for it and read Maybe you learn from the ACTUAL EXPERTs

3D core burnup studies in 500 MWe Indian prototype fast breeder reactor to attain enhanced core burnup

Fast breeder reactors are capable of producing high fuel burnup because of higher internal breeding of fissile material and lesser parasitic capture of neutrons in the core. As these reactors need high fissile enrichment, high fuel burnup is desirable to be cost effective and to reduce the load on fuel reprocessing and fabrication plants. A pool type, liquid sodium cooled, mixed (Pu–U) oxide fueled 500 MWe prototype fast breeder reactor (PFBR), under construction at Kalpakkam is designed for a peak burnup of 100 GWd/t. This limitation on burnup is purely due to metallurgical properties of structural materials like clad and hexcan to withstand high neutron fluence, and not by the limitation on the excess reactivity available in the core. The 3D core burnup studies performed earlier for approach to equilibrium core of PFBR is continued to demonstrate the burnup potential of existing PFBR core. To increase the fuel burnup of PFBR, plutonium oxide enrichment is increased from 20.7%/27.7% to 22.1%/29.4% of core-1/core-2 which resulted in cycle length increase from 180 to 250 effective full power days (efpd), so that the peak fuel burnup increases from 100 to 134 GWd/t, keeping all the core parameters under allowed safety limits. Number of diluents subassemblies is increased from eight to twelve at beginning of life core to bring down the initial core excess reactivity. PFBR refueling is revised to accommodate twelve diluents. Increase of 10B enrichment in control safety rods (CSRs) and diverse safety rods (DSRs) is made along with a design change in CSRs to increase the reactivity worth of absorber rods for ensuring safe reactor operation. This new enhanced burnup core can be used in the future with advanced structural materials for clad and hexcan, which can withstand higher neutron fluence and gamma radiation.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0029549312005717

You know I had to dumb down my comments to write in this forum judging the median age in this forum is probably 10 and most people fall on the left side of the I.Q bell curve

It was a 4800 Km range Pre-Induction test. Next phase will be actual induction .
So the missile's actual range may be 5000 Km tops. Even that range covers all of china from much of North eastern and Central India.
Pakistan still needs to increase range of Ballistic missile to be able to hit anywhere in India from anywhere in Pakistan. To do tat Pakistan needs 3700 Km range missile so that can hit Nicobar Island from Taftan.
What military installations in Nicobar island and taftan o_Oand by the way where are Taftan, is it in Afghanistan or in central Asian state? o_OWe already have that capability in the form of shaheen-3 to reah all over India

is this mijjile super shonic??
Let fun aside this mijjile is hyper shonic:p:

And in our media there will be tiny news "India successfully test fired Agni-5 with so much range" and there will be no chu*ia photoshop experts sitting on TV to prove it fake.

And in our media there will be tiny news "India successfully test fired Agni-5 with so much range" and there will be no chu*ia photoshop experts sitting on TV to prove it fake.
This mijjile is China specific for Pakistan agni-3 is enough for Pakistan:(

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom