What's new

Agneepath scheme, my question.

I have read and heard about this scheme. Whatever is being said or getting written, the outcome of this scheme will be a huge number of trained unemployed young men within few years.
So what exactly India wants to achieve? Is that saving the properties of Adanis or Mittals or Ambanis from mobs of unemployed youth by using this trained force, or India is planning to build a huge force to attack Pakistan?
Or I have missed something? I am saying this because 4 years of service is nothing...
@jamahir yeh Kia horaha Hai tumhary desh main?

It is not a bad idea at all... There are many benefits...

People will get approx 12 lacs rupees after 4 years.

It is good for a youth to start their own business, after learning the discipline and get a healthy body.

Good for India in the long term... in case of war, India can ask them to join these Ex-service men and would be very helpful.... Win-Win situation for youth and government.

My post is supported by the Congress party and by the Janata Dal ( Secular ) party. :)

Negative, it is only supported by Pakistanis..

1. You didn't read the two articles in point# 1 and point# 2, respectively.

2. Even without the supporting articles what I say is correct.

Both I have read it... That's the reason I told that negative, it is only supported by Pakistanis.

It is too far from ground reality...

Both I have read it... That's the reason I told that negative, it is only supported by Pakistanis.

It is too far from ground reality...

So you think Randeep Surjewala and HD Kumaraswamy are Pakistanis ?

So you think Randeep Surjewala and HD Kumaraswamy are Pakistanis ?

They are still better than the Opposition leader then such Imran Khan...... The JOb of opposition leaders to give some statement for vote politics.

Look at an example of Pakistan, Pakistan leaders are crying before due to food high food inflation but once now they are in central government than encreased the petrol & electricty and other prices.. Not Imran khan will cry about food high food inflation....... And will the Opposition leader's job..

huge number of trained unemployed young men within few years.

Why would they be unemployed? Lots of security guard positions are open all over the country. One BJP leader literally said it - "I will give preference to Agnicels when hiring security for my office."

India is planning to build a huge force to attack Pakistan?

I have heard rumors you guys have nukes. So...no worries, I guess?

So what exactly India wants to achieve?

Oh where do I even begin?

1. Stop treating the army as a rural employment guarantee scheme for the 'martial race gang'. Seriously, I never thought Bhajipao would be this based. At one stroke, they brought down all the usual suspects. Bad news for Kaneda though. A whole new wave of Sikhs will emigrate.

2. IA has become almost completely chaddified over last few decades. Every now and then a retired rando will get on TV and yap nonsense. Now they are getting kicked in the groin by the same chaddis.

3. The cowbelt is btfoed. The cowbelt voted chaddis with their tail held high. Now that the bamboo is being thrust from the backside, akal thikane aa gayi.

Seriously, even Nehru and Krishna Menon didn't degrade the army this badly. It's fully deserved because it's a fake army. A colonial entity that is way too full of itself thanks to GoI propaganda. Come down to earth, biradar.

United States of America

The United States, which is the strongest military power in the world, recruits personnel for a four-year term during which time they are on “active” duty. Personnel serve another four years on “inactive” duty which means they can be recalled if the need arises. The usa.gov website says that after an individual has completed active duty time, he or she can either extend the contract or re-enlist if they want to continue serving. Soldiers are eligible for pension after they serve 20 years in the military. Those who opt out before are eligible for certain perks and allowances.

China

China has the world’s largest army in terms of manpower, and India ranks second. But a large standing army is not the requirement of modern warfare and knowing that China has been downsizing its military’s human resources and adding more firepower to its strength.

The Chinese military is based on conscription which makes military service obligatory for all men aged above 18 years. However, CNN reported that it is usually not the case since many poorer Chinese opt for the military voluntarily.

As per Chinese law, the term of service for conscripts is three years in the Army and four years in the Navy and the Air Force. For volunteers, the term of active service is eight years and no more than 12 years.

In recent years, China has been trying to reduce conscription and recruit more educated and technically proficient soldiers in an effort to modernise its forces.

Russia

Russia follows a hybrid contract and conscript model. All males aged 18 to 27 are subject to conscription for a year of military duty after an 8-month training period. During Russia’s twice-a-year conscription season, failure to register by eligible candidates is punishable by fines and up to 2 years’ imprisonment.

Contract soldiers are given advanced training and deployed in strategic units. Despite conscription to create a reserve army, Russia has fallen short of men on the ground amid its war in Ukraine and has been reportedly hiring foreign fighters.

Israel

Conscription is a model Israel follows since its formation in 1948 to defend its territories from what was then a largely hostile neighbourhood. However, that is largely a “myth” now since Israel too has made a moved on from a conscription-based army to a leaner professional army as dynamics in the middle-east change.

The Ultra-orthodox and Arab Israelis are exempted from conscription.

Adult Israeli men must serve for 32 months and women for 24 months after which they are in a pool of reserves who can be called for service if required. 10 per cent of the conscripts are retained and given a contract for seven years. Those who serve a minimum of 12 years receive the benefits of a pension.

India.

The Agnipath Scheme will be available for all youth in the range of 17.5 to 21 years of age and the educational qualification for entry into General Duty soldier will be class 10.

After the selection, candidates will be provided with six months of training and after that maximum of three and half years of duty. The starting salary will be around Rs 30000 per month which will go up to Rs 40000 by the end of service. Further, 30% of their salary is deducted from a Seva Nidhi Programme and the same amount will be also contributed to the program by the government. After the end of four years of service, around 11.71 lakhs as Seva Nidhi Package will be provided to the candidate with interest accrued.

The benefit of the Agnipath Scheme
The current average age of armed forces personnel is around 32 years but after the implementation of the Agnipath Scheme, it is expected to come down to 26 years. Further, the experience of the army will provide a great platform for youth to learn skills like self-defence, sports, discipline, time management, and physical well-being.

=================================

Not bad at all...

Well, the Modi-led Indian establishment brought out this scheme for two reasons :

1. Modi's PM candidature manifesto for 2014 had one of the promises being to provide two crore jobs ( 20 million ) every year if he was voted as PM. Eight years have passed and he is into his second prime minister term ( the second election was in 2019 ) and no two crore jobs every year in sight. In fact there is huge unemployment. Now there is another prime minister election in 2024, just two years away so Modi wants to either become PM again or put forward the Hindutvadi Dilon Ki Dhadkan, Yogi ji, currently chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. Either way Modi wants a BJP person to be PM for eternity or until India doesn't become a Hindu Rashtra. But to get votes for the next from-BJP PM he should make good on his promise to provide jobs, that too to the demographic that is most present in the country and that demographic generally falls in the category who the establishment decided to take into the Agnipath scheme. So this scheme is one part a votes gathering program. Some more on that in this article.

2. The second reason is partly what @lastofthepatriots alludes to in post# 2. BJP and the rest of the Hindutvadis want a large cadre of military-trained youth who end up genociding the three main enemies of Hindutvad - Muslims, Christians and Communists - and suppress others like revolting Sikh farmers and then the anyways oppressed Shudras and Dalits. All this will be in the glorious cause of Hindu Rashtra. Now such a large required set of militias will be drawn from two sources : (a). Hindutvad-aligned youth who you can find on the internet. In fact an opposition party leader from the South Indian state of Karnataka has already spoken of such an intention of the BJP government, (b). Non-Hindtuvadi youth who can be sufficiently brainwashed to contribute towards genocide and then establishment of Hindu Rashtra by using words like "They are anti-national", "They are the Tukde Tukde gang", "Those people believe in ideologies foreign to our land of Sanatan Dharma ( Hindutvadi name for their beliefs meaning "A system of supreme traditions that never had a beginning and never has an end" )... words like these.

Please read above.

@Skull and Bones
See whatever is the reason, whatever is the situation, this will boil down to only one thing: millions and millions of trained unemployed young men.
And seems like this is being deliberately done.

Apart from what my perception of this this situation is, another thing struck my mind today. May be I am wrong. But let me share it anyway.

For any new country, armed forces are absolute necessary. Although I take Modi and Amit Shah as absolute patriots, is this scheme about creating armies for every country that will result when India disintegrates? Well, this might sound like a story but you know these politicians. If my assumption is correct then Pakistan will also start something similar very soon, because our masters are same.
Pakistan and India, if ever disintegrated, will disintegrate simultaneously.

Let's see.

@jamahir

I have read and heard about this scheme. Whatever is being said or getting written, the outcome of this scheme will be a huge number of trained unemployed young men within few years.
So what exactly India wants to achieve? Is that saving the properties of Adanis or Mittals or Ambanis from mobs of unemployed youth by using this trained force, or India is planning to build a huge force to attack Pakistan?
Or I have missed something? I am saying this because 4 years of service is nothing...
Imagine a teenager in Bihar. His combined family assets are less than 3 or 4 lakh indian ruppees. He appears for this "Agni-whatever" and gets recruited at an age of 18-19 years. Does his stint, earns some basic living. He retires at 22-23. This is what he gets.

1. 11 Lakh rupees of corpus.
2. Ability to take a loan of 15 lakh rupees with no questions asked and very favourable rates.
3. Enough training to survive in a blue collar business. Not to mention enough daring to do so.

He starts a small business of bricklaying or construction contracts. Picks up labour from his hometown and starts taking contracts to build houses or small shops in 3rd or 4th grade towns. It gives him a decent living.

Alternatively, He takes up a degree in a government college (many state colleges have "Sainik" quota). He can pay for it and he can complete that degree and possibly apply in a government job in state government. Many positions in state government also have Sainik quota.

If he is ambitious and is from Dalit or OBC background, he can use 3 or 4 years of degree --after serving in army-- to prepare of state service exams or UPSC. With 11 lakh in hand, he can get almost any education in a state or central college or university. If he prepares right during this time, he will succeed in getting a coveted government job in state as state officer or as a central government employee. For Dalits/OBCs, they have age relaxiation till 35 (or 40?) years to qualify for such a job. Hopefully a stint in amred forced will teach him enough discipline to do that.

So he if plays his cards right, by 28-30 he will be in a government job or will have a qualification to get a basic private job or will have a small business.

Agni-shit as far as individual goes is a small seed fund to start a young person's life, for those who never had such a chance. It comes at a risk of being killed during a posting in say Kupwara. Its not meant to be an end of career.

A 21-23 year old with 11 lakh (and ability to get a 15 lakh loan on favourable terms) is pretty decently placed to start his life. Large number of Indians do not have even 5 lakh to their name or their family's name when they are 17 - 19.

India on the other hand gets cannon fodder cheaply.

Apart from what my perception of this this situation is, another thing struck my mind today. May be I am wrong. But let me share it anyway.

For any new country, armed forces are absolute necessary. Although I take Modi and Amit Shah as absolute patriots, is this scheme about creating armies for every country that will result when India disintegrates? Well, this might sound like a story but you know these politicians. If my assumption is correct then Pakistan will also start something similar very soon, because our masters are same.
Pakistan and India, if ever disintegrated, will disintegrate simultaneously.

Let's see.

@jamahir
I guess we can say same about PTI goons and their Youthia cadre who will form new Pakhtoon-ishtan country after disassociation of Pakistan. Too bad, they wont even have military training.

See whatever is the reason, whatever is the situation, this will boil down to only one thing: millions and millions of trained unemployed young men.
And seems like this is being deliberately done.
Lets see the maths :

It is expected by 10th year, 150K people will be recruited each year via this path (https://www.dnaindia.com/india/repo...year-vice-chief-of-army-staff-bs-raju-2961079). Assuming none of them are retained after their stint, it will take 7 year to add 1 million trained Agniveers into civilian population. The number of Angiveer youths will stabilize at 2 million in 14 years as you could hardly call a 32 year old a youth.

Now, individually each of this 2 million youth will have 11 Lakhs corpus and 15 lakhs loan which he can take after that 4 year stint in army. Now if this youth section was without such means, they would still be there but with no recourse than to take up criminal activity or jobs which are exploitive in nature. This 11 Lakh corpus money and 15 lakh loan can help them to start a career by taking right education or as a seed fund to setup a small business.

So yes, it is deliberate. Deliberate to give these youth a start in life at a cost of risk to die in military. Other option was a pennyless life leading to crime or exploitation.

Back
Top Bottom