What's new

Agartala Conspiracy confession, what does it mean for our history

Bangladesh image will be better if we learn to be self critical and not blind followers of some demagogue who proved himself to be a failure on all aspects.

Its only applicable when everyone is doing it or you will end up making fool out of Bangladesh unintentionally. Look at china, japan,India,Pakistan etc. everyone has their version of history.

Its only applicable when everyone is doing it or you will end up making fool out of Bangladesh unintentionally. Look at china, japan,India,Pakistan etc. everyone has their version of history.

As long as a version of history doesn't stand in the way of sovereignty adopting a certain version seems OK.

Right from the start kalu_miah's motive has been to make us aware of Indian hegemony in neighboring countries-perhaps justified from Indian geopolitical perspective, but harmful from BD and other neighbors' perspective. He pointed out that in their hegemonic mission India used Awami League who willingly allowed itself to be used by a hostile neighbor and continue to do so.

The AL didn't severe their Indian connection on BD's separation from Pakistan. It has depended on India for election and party finance which manifests in giving priority of Indian business interests over Bangladeshi ones, in their enthusiasm for giving transit to India despite the later's denying of rightful share of water from common rivers, etc.

Unfortunately despite India's ill-intent towards BD we have been taught a version of history that shows Indo-Awami nexus as some kind of a savior for Bangladesh. So it's left for the informed individuals to state or discover the pattern of activities of BAL which they have assumed since Mujib took its helm.

As long as a version of history doesn't stand in the way of sovereignty adopting a certain version seems OK.

Right from the start kalu_miah's motive has been to make us aware of Indian hegemony in neighboring countries-perhaps justified from Indian geopolitical perspective, but harmful from BD and other neighbors' perspective. He pointed out that in their hegemonic mission India used Awami League who willingly allowed itself to be used by a hostile neighbor and continue to do so.

The AL didn't severe their Indian connection on BD's separation from Pakistan. It has depended on India for election and party finance which manifests in giving priority of Indian business interests over Bangladeshi ones, in their enthusiasm for giving transit to India despite the later's denying of rightful share of water from common rivers, etc.

Unfortunately despite India's ill-intent towards BD we have been taught a version of history that shows Indo-Awami nexus as some kind of a savior for Bangladesh. So it's left for the informed individual to state or discover the pattern of activities of BAL which they have assumed since Mujib took its helm.

You are forgetting that government change after every five years in Bangladesh, so our history in books also changes. Kalu_miah is presenting extreme version of history which can be used to defame our liberation war.

You are forgetting that government change after every five years in Bangladesh, so our history in books also changes. Kalu_miah is presenting extreme version of history which can be used to defame our liberation war.

@ Kalu_miah is not presenting extreme version of history what he is presenting is a fact at least what is available. But the unwritten reality was more and more extreme. What you know about the untold facts of our liberation war ?

@ You are believing on these Indian written histories and twisted facts.

@ It was due to the extreme pressure of Sk Mujib that Indian Armies went back so quickly otherwise !!!!!! Even the Indian armies brought near about 500 Civil officers to be placed as DC's and EP's in newly formed Bangladesh. There was always one Indian Brigradier General who used to sit beside Mujib as a political adviser till 1975.

@ It was under these pressure Sk Mujib pardened the collaborated CSP officers. And the first colloborator Army officer Lt Colonel Firoz Salauddin was appointed as his MSP in 1973. You remember during the time of BNP govt there was one police IG, he was also a colloborator and during that time(1971) he was Captain. Once Pakistan Army surrendared he went under ground and after one month mate with Tazzuddin as he was a close relative to him. Soon, this Captain was brought unofficially in front of Mujib and after few days he was enrolled in the Police with all his bach date seniority.

@ Thanks to General Zia and Ershad who gave us a little bit of teste of independency otherwise we were under somewhere, " ebar tura sob joi's dhoni kor".

@ Kalu_miah is not presenting extreme version of history what he is presenting is a fact at least what is available. But the unwritten reality was more and more extreme. What you know about the untold facts of our liberation war ?

@ You are believing on these Indian written histories and twisted facts.

@ It was due to the extreme pressure of Sk Mujib that Indian Armies went back so quickly otherwise !!!!!! Even the Indian armies brought near about 500 Civil officers to be placed as DC's and EP's in newly formed Bangladesh. Thee was one Bridradier General who used to sit beside Mujib as a political adviser.

@ It was under these pressure Sk Mujib pardened the collaborated CSP officers. And the first colloborator Army officer Lt Colonel Firoz Salauddin was appointed as his MSP in 1973. You remember during the time of BNP govt there was one police IG, he was also a colloborator and during that time(1971) he was Captain. Once Pakistan Army surrendared he went under ground and after one month mate with Tazuddin as he aws close relative to him. Soon this Captain was brought officially in front of Mujib and after few days he was enrolled in the Police with all his seniority.

Kalu_miah is presenting the history such a way, it seems 1971 is because of Indian conspiracy and Pakistani army did the right thing in 1971. It undermine our people's contribution in the creation of Bangladesh.

Except the role of Ziaur Rahman during war, historical content in textbooks doesn't change much with change of government. For example, though some accused ones of Agartala Conspiracy admitted of their involvement back in the nineties, textbooks always mentioned the event as a conspiracy framed up by Pakistan govt.

Except the role of Ziaur Rahman during war, historical content in textbooks doesn't change much with change of government. For example, though some accused ones of Agartala Conspiracy admitted of their involvement back in the nineties, textbooks always mentioned the event as a conspiracy framed up by Pakistan govt.

I never saw the mention of Agartala case in any text book in Bangladesh. Despite that, they give a good summary of the overall situation at that time

So, whats wrong with it? Every country has their version of history.

By manipulating our feelings and emotion through mispresentation of our history, India and its local agents want us to think and feel in a certain way that helps the Indian intention of subduing our masses. This process is compromising our self-determination as a sovereign nation. Our countrymen are yet to be convinced that knowing the truth would not lead to Mullahism or joining with Pakistan. It would only remove the fog that masks our vision.

You have made several objectionable claims about my intentions for opening this thread. I do not claim to be perfect, I could make mistakes, to err is only human. But my intention has been to find the objective truth. If you have any counter points to the points I have raised in this thread, I would welcome you to counter them with facts, instead of making subjective comments about my intentions. About what I think about 1971 killings, here are some previous posts in some threads I painstakingly searched for and found just so you know my feeling about 1971:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-would-exceed-30-lac-mamun-7.html#post3137050
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...would-exceed-30-lac-mamun-10.html#post3145364
http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...-east-pakistan-bangladesh-55.html#post2913075

I do not pay much attention to open Indian agent like shadow, my target is the silent majority, of which I come from, despite all the attempts of AL-ers and Indians that I am some kind of Jamati or Rezakar. If you belong to that majority, you should know that we have been victims of propaganda, our journalists have been compromised from 1960's and more so after 1971. Even people in advanced countries like USA and South Korea, two countries I know of first hand other than Bangladesh, people are being brainwashed for political needs of elites. We live in a poor country where another poor but much larger country have been controlling our self perception by putting a spin on every event to help their desired goals.

Even 7-8 years ago, my views of many of these events were completely different and "mainstream", but after I started digging, took an interest and connected the dots, like MBI Munshi, idune, skallagrim and many other posters, I now see a completely different picture. If you have the intellectual courage, I encourage you to do your own research and come to your own conclusions, instead of accepting and believing what you have been told by others.

Making a country like Pakistan(1947) was a mistake. Now we just made our self out of it,its just the shukria.
We got nothing from that. If we had made a country by our own than the situation may be different.
Now conspiracy to make the way for our independence that should be treated as our glory. @kalu_miah

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom