What's new

After Rafale jet, India eyes French submarine

When did i said that?

I cant understand one thin that when 1 country can build the nuclear sub (which is considered to be the most advanced and can remain underwater for infinite time) then why that country needs western technology and regard it as (we need better western tech). care to clear my confusion

I cant understand one thin that when 1 country can build the nuclear sub (which is considered to be the most advanced and can remain underwater for infinite time) then why that country needs western technology and regard it as (we need better western tech). care to clear my confusion

We don't have efficient AIP (Air Independent Propulsion) technology compared to the West, DRDO has been working on for sometime, but nothing has been heard on that front recently.

If we wanted simple diesel electric subs (SSK), we could have build them by dozens.

http://www.defencenow.com/news/397/...pendent-propulsion-for-indian-submarines.html

Dude..we need more which we can not produce on our own. China has 50 + and so we need 20+ of better technology and quality.

AIP is a all together different tech then nuke reactor besides we had Russian support for sub Nuke reactor n we also had operational experience of nuke subs since late 80s but no experience with AIP....

Even Russians r themselves struggling with AIP while they have tons of experience with nuke subs...:)

Buy everything from foreign. :hitwall: Sell the nation to france, Britain and USA. When was the last time India awarded a 10 bill$ deal to an Indian firm. Naa kabhi kiya naa kabhi hoogaa. MC, BC koonsi gaali doo mein inko kaminoo koo. Bhoosdiyo ko superpower banna hai par can't even fly a trainer aircraft or a build diesel sub.

Buy everything from foreign. :hitwall: Sell the nation to france, Britain and USA. When was the last time India awarded a 10 bill$ deal to an Indian firm. Naa kabhi kiya naa kabhi hoogaa. MC, BC koonsi gaali doo mein inko kaminoo koo. Bhoosdiyo ko superpower banna hai par can't even fly a trainer aircraft or a build diesel sub.

Control ur emotions brthr, AFA our Navy is concerned its doing just fine, most of our ship r being manufactured inhouse n we have also built even a nuke sub n many more r in pipe line but we lack AIP tech along with ability to launch Brahmos from Subs so this deal will fill the tech gap else we could have easily built more Scorpenes....

Besides this will be the last contract given to foreign company for Subs so just relax....:agree:

Control ur emotions brthr, AFA our Navy is concerned its doing just fine, most of our ship r being manufactured inhouse n we have also built even a nuke sub n many more r in pipe line but we lack AIP tech along with ability to launch Brahmos from Subs so this deal will fill the tech gap else we could have easily built more Scorpenes....

Besides this will be the last contract given to foreign company for Subs so just relax....:agree:

Hopefully thats true.

Modern non-nuclear submarines are potentially stealthier than nuclear submarines; a nuclear ship's reactor must constantly pump coolant, generating some amount of detectable noise. Non-nuclear submarines running on battery power or AIP, on the other hand, can be virtually silent. While nuclear-powered designs still dominate in terms of submerged endurance and deep-ocean performance, the new breed of small, high-tech non-nuclear attack subs are highly effective in coastal operations and pose a significant threat to less-stealthy and less-maneuverable nuclear subs.

Modern non-nuclear submarines are potentially stealthier than nuclear submarines; a nuclear ship's reactor must constantly pump coolant, generating some amount of detectable noise. Non-nuclear submarines running on battery power or AIP, on the other hand, can be virtually silent. While nuclear-powered designs still dominate in terms of submerged endurance and deep-ocean performance, the new breed of small, high-tech non-nuclear attack subs are highly effective in coastal operations and pose a significant threat to less-stealthy and less-maneuverable nuclear subs.

A SSN has much more diving depth than AIP SSKs .. its chances against a SSN is close to nil unless the SSN submarine commander is a dumbfcuk.. !!

does not India builds submarines, if India can build Nuclear submarine why she wants to buy more submarines from another country:undecided:

Ya we're building Nuclear subs but we still need more conventional subs to replace the older ones also the one other thing is all our shipyards out filled with orders

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom