What's new

After Meerut, Greater Noida university expels Kashmiri students ‘who cheered for Pakistan’

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
531c4161a383c.jpg

Supporters hold placards during a protest in Srinagar, Friday, March 7, 2014. — Photo by AP

Six students, including four Kashmiris, were expelled from the hostel of a private university in Greater Noida city of Uttar Pradesh following an alleged clash over support during last week's Asia Cup match between Pakistan and India.

Four of the students belonged to disputed Indian territory of Kashmir while two hail from Aligarh. All of them were first-year students.

The Times of India website reported that the issue had escalated after a student of the university posted a comment on social media demanding action against students who had allegedly supported Pakistan during the Asia Cup clash against India.

The comment sparked a strong reaction and mobilisation by the students the university called in authorities when the situation went out of control.

The website quoted the university's student welfare dean as saying "Some students cheered for the Pakistani team during the match, against which the other group protested. The matter was settled, but on March 5, a student posted a provocative message on a social networking site on why the campus wasn't witnessing a similar reaction as that of Subharti University," he said.

The post has now been deleted.

The university has started its own inquiry. "Students may be considered for reallocation of hostels after 15 days," the Times of India quoted another official as saying.

Previously, 67 Kashmiri students of another university in Meerut were suspended for supporting the Pakistan cricket team against India on Sunday last.

Later the sedition charges against the suspended students were reportedly dropped.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1092035/six-more-students-expelled-from-indian-university-hostel

After Meerut, Greater Noida university expels Kashmiri students ‘who cheered for Pakistan’

After Meerut, Greater Noida university expels Kashmiri students ‘who cheered for Pakistan’ - The Times of India
http://www.dawn.com/news/1091443/sedition-charges-dropped-against-cheering-kashmiri-students

Last edited:
arent you indians going to tell these Kashmiri students theat they are confused about their identity and even though they puke on india , they are indian ? are you indians not going to do that ?

india is natural , been around for 100 million billion years , Pakistan is not natural
Im an indian too , let me change my flag

Damn! What is wrong with Indians...Over 1 match?

They should just move out of Kashmir and mind their own business if they hate Kashmiris soo badly that they keep wanting to kick em out and what not!

Its disgusting you invade their lands and behave as illegal as a tyrant possible!

thank you indian country man , I've just landed in mumbai , but man it stinks in here .. I can say india stinks since india is a democracy and I can call it stinky india haha its my country so I can call it whatever I want ,
Im a low caste dalit who coverted to Islam , who are you ?

hey whats that guy over there doing ?!? baking turds in the open , thats just dirty man , our country needs proper sanitation
just take a taxi to south Mumbai. the air smells like chanel perfume, there are more Mercedes and Audis in the road than Marutis and Hyundais. Dont forget to drop in at Taj Palace hotel but please don't carry your AK 47 or suicide vest. I know it may be extremely difficult for you to let go of these essential part of your dress code but please note that we are very sensitive after 26/11

just take a taxi to south Mumbai. the air smells like chanel perfume, there are more Mercedes and Audis in the road than Marutis and Hyundais. Dont forget to drop in at Taj Palace hotel but please don't carry your AK 47 or suicide vest. I know it may be extremely difficult for you to let go of these essential part of your dress code but please note that we are very sensitive after 26/11

hey man!! not fair , Im a mumbaikar now , what is this talk of AK-47 and sucide vest ? Im an indian , is this they way to talk to a fellow indian ?

man this india is one very big lie , good for me I have realized , well **** that right there and then ... toot kay rahay ga hindustan!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom