What's new

After LMGs, Indian Army will soon get close-quarter-battle carbines

It is sad to see UAE sell weapons to India that will be used to kill both Pakistani's and people in Indian occupied Kashmir..

Sad..
Money is money. India cannot make a rifle wow and buys it for the tiny tiny state of Emirates. A MUSLIM country. Wonder if they will break coconuts

Undefended buildings are ripe on the LOC?

Kashmir is another case, you could use a .22lr against people that can't defend against you.

Come on man..either you should respond honestly or take a specific stand on a issue.. Suppose India plan to use these items against Pakistan or Kashmir, Will you stop selling it??

Come on man..either you should respond honestly or take a specific stand on a issue.. Suppose India plan to use these items against Pakistan or Kashmir, Will you stop selling it??
No, it is afterall the rifle is not walking and talking. People kill people, inanimate objects don't kill people after all right?

No, it is afterall the rifle is not walking and talking. People kill people, inanimate objects don't kill people after all right?

Perfect...Anyway..It does not matter to me..For me, it is a business deal..
But Pakistan poster is wondering, how come you sell a weapon to India who is enemy of your friend?...

RKuPFzSW5ZbFLsepe87Yt6wrh0AbUem3vjsI21VhTM4.jpg

816-PDW-7.5-fg.jpg

Not sure which barrel length is being used, but it's a big upgrade from WW2 design.
I have not heard very good things about this company.

I have not heard very good things about this company.
Lol, because of the recall in 2013? Many Americans have bought Caracal rifles and pistols here in America and loved them.

Perfect...Anyway..It does not matter to me..For me, it is a business deal..
But Pakistan poster is wondering, how come you sell a weapon to India who is enemy of your friend?...
Many Indians in the UAE, it is a matter of religion here for them.

RKuPFzSW5ZbFLsepe87Yt6wrh0AbUem3vjsI21VhTM4.jpg

816-PDW-7.5-fg.jpg

Not sure which barrel length is being used, but it's a big upgrade from WW2 design.
368mm barrel
14.5 inch barrel

Agree with that statement. It is not the Gun that kills a person but the person behind the Gun

Maybe, but you got to understand profit comes first in life before anything else regardless of what anybody tells you. Caracal saw a market and went for it just as it did here in America and throughout the world. I doubt this rifle will see much use myself, but I could be wrong.

Yes I understand that. I have no problem with them selling guns to India. Caracal is a State Owned Company so the deal must be in the interest of the Government of UAE. This Rifle will replace WW2/1950s Era Submachine Guns from Indian Service. I am pretty sure the Indians will order a second round of rifles in the future since there is a lot of guns to replace and this order is too small to replace all of them.

IA should ditch the Car816 and instead go for India's own SSS Defence's P-72 Carbine

90748CDC-0713-4B82-BB07-E3DDFA19B926.jpeg

20200207_122303.jpg

IA should ditch the Car816 and instead go for SSS Defence's P-72 Carbine

sss-defence-13-jpg.14000
Shape seems a little bit odd for a gun. Kind of like a fake G-36. You have to understand this purchase was political for the most part and bribed were probably involved.

Shape seems a little bit odd for a gun. Kind of like a fake G-36. You have to understand this purchase was political for the most part and bribed were probably involved.
G-36 no where looks like the P-72 but probably the AK style mag is what made you feel like

and yeah, the Caracal deal is very likely political similar to how we're going with AK-203

Our current requirement for replacing the carbines is a little over 350k. Currently SSS Defence's sniper rifles are in testing with NSG & Para SF. If they pass, there's a high possibility P-72 will be favored for all or atleast a part of the remaining 250k carbines

G-36 no where looks like the P-72 but probably the AK style mag is what made you feel like

and yeah, the Caracal deal is very likely political similar to how we're going with AK-203
And you never know if there may be undiscovered problems. Car 816 is designed by the people who made H&K 416 with improvements over one of the best modern rifles in the world.

Your right just some similarities between guns.

https://www.******************/forums/attachments/sss-defence-13-jpg.14000/

19950674-assault-rifle-g36.jpg

And you never know if there may be undiscovered problems. Car 816 is designed by the people who made H&K 416 with improvements over one of the best modern rifles in the world.
I'm not saying Car816 is a bad gun but MoD should ensure IA's top brass shouldn't go for weapons systems in favor of kickbacks and commissions or political/strategic agenda when we have the capability to design and manufacture them in-house

For instance, IA found out about Tonbo's sights and MKU helmets only during a joint military exercise with some foreign countries where few NATO units were found using Tonbo & MKU products. After inquiring, they found out both of em were Indian startups only after which IA placed orders. Currently, all gun & helmet mounted sights are being given to Tonbo & BEL while helmets to MKU and BPJs' to TAML (Tata)

It's typical desi mentality that we'd only be interested in products when neighbors or some foreigners are using it

Is this one of the New Companies founded under Make in India initiative by PM Modi?
After opening up the defence industry to private firms, several startups popped up. SSS Defence is into small arms manufacturing where they design and manufacture in Bangalore currently

After opening up the defence industry to private firms, several startups popped up. SSS Defence is into small arms manufacturing where they design and manufacture in Bangalore currently

Good to see changes. India has always lagged behind in Weapon Manufacturing but I can see some of the reforms made by PM Modi is actually paying off.

Back
Top Bottom