What's new

After Lahore and Rawalpindi Metro Bus Projects extend to Faisalabad and Multan

Public funding is sought for new projects and people are funding because they trust IK with that. Otherwise no one wants to even waste his one fart for Ganja Dakooos.

As for KPK, 80,000 kanal land has been acquired near peshawar for mega education city, last I checked world's 22 top universities were in negotiation with KP govt to set up their campuses there.

• Over 1.5 million new kids are enrolled to schools in KP including far fetched remote areas.
  • Medium of learning has been changed to English all over KP
  • Uniform education system is already introduced

These are the steps which Showbaz not-so-Sharif couldn't implement in Punjab even after ruling it 6 times. Need I say more? :azn:
Probably you should keep checking this regularly, I don't want you to get shocked when something doesn't materialize...That said, my question remains unanswered.

Janay do yaar. Ab aisa bhi nahin hai.
Its becoming worse than that.....

I think the only logical reason of Multan getting the Metro under current circumstances is the slogans and chants that South Punjab is being deprived. Otherwise I would have prefered only Metro Rail or Monorail for Lahore, Faisalabad and Sialkot before any other city. These are the commercial hubs of Punjab province and needed more attention in transportation than Multan.

Yes Multan being a heavy populated city alongside Rawalpindi must be facing the traffic issues but they first need to sort out the basics of roads infrastructure, water sanitation issues, fibre optic, electricity lines underground before initiating a bus service.

If I get sick...I'll take the Metro Bus to the Hospital - Stop being jealous ! :angry: :lol:
or start vomiting and passing your sickness in the metro bus :enjoy: esp if its airborne

For those criticizing.

See India:

Cities that have a Metro Rail system
Kolkota Metro
Chenni Mass Rapid Transit System
Delhi Metro
Bangalore Metro
Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon

Cities that have Metro Rail systems under Construction:
Jaipur Metro
Chenni Metro
Mumbai Metro
Hyderabad Metro
Navi Mumbai Metro
Kochi Metro

Cities that have a Monorail:

Mumbai

Cities that have a Tram:

Kolkata

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus)

Ahmedabad
Pune
Delhi
Indore
Jaipur
Rajkot
Surat

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus) under Construction:

Hyderabad
Visakhapatnam
Bhopal
Vadodara

Now see us (Pakistan):

Cities that have Metro Rail

None

Cities that have Metro Rail under Construction

Lahore (from November)

Cities that have a Monorail:

None

Cities that have a Tram:

None

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus):

Lahore

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus) under Construction:

Rawalpindi
Islamabad

For God's sake let us improve our transport and infrastructure. :hitwall:
Infrastructure is important but so is healthcare and education otherwise the system will be continuously abused by the uneducated and polluted by the sick! So who is gonna ride these metros the sick ad half dead, limping from polio along with the uneducated beating the machines or playing tricks on it against going the proper way?

Nice development. Hope to see them running on roads soon :tup:

i think its fine to have metro bus but it should not be the first priority

Infrastructure is important but so is healthcare and education otherwise the system will be continuously abused by the uneducated and polluted by the sick! So who is gonna ride these metros the sick ad half dead, limping from polio along with the uneducated beating the machines or playing tricks on it against going the proper way?

Agreed. But the most important is education cause if even healthcare is there and not education then no one will use those by thinking those are impure following those religious superstitions. So I think govt should work the most on educating people. Just today I read that the budget for education has been reduced in Pakistan or some of its province, which shouldn't be actually happening.

Agreed. But the most important is education cause if even healthcare is there and not education then no one will use those by thinking those are impure following those religious superstitions. So I think govt should work the most on educating people. Just today I read that the budget for education has been reduced in Pakistan or some of its province, which shouldn't be actually happening.
Well the more uneducated the more votes for the corrupts! :tup:

Well the more uneducated the more votes for the corrupts! :tup:
Agreed and the same was happening since independence in India till this LS elections. This time all the sickulars stood jaw-dropping when the result came that how come they got 'Anda' even after so much appeasement. I know you won't feel anything by this. Just wait and you'll witness this in Pakistan very soon and am sure you'll laugh hard on those corrupt politicians. Cause it's inevitable either today or some other day people will understand and will thrash those glib talkers.

why Danish school project is not being expanded elsewhere?

Because they can have a handful ghost schools in far fetched areas of Punjab, but they can't have these ghost schools all over Punjab. :lol:

@hasnain0099 Danish school builders/contractors are still waiting for their payments. They ran front page ads last year to shame Shahbaz sharif administration but their pleas fell upon deaf ears. So where education funds are being used and why Danish school project is not being expanded elsewhere? There is not a single, Proper engineering university ( or any other kind of university) in Sialkot. They all had to come to lahore for admissions.

Patients from faislabad, Sheikhapura, other small cities are forced to come to Lahore to avail advance medical facilities at Mayo, shiekh zayd or at Punjab cardiology institute. Why health sector is being neglected grossly?

And these are few of many sectors that are being neglected at the expense of metro buses!
1) Pls enlighten us about the real problem. Is it that school building were not constructed 1) As per quality or 2)lacked promised facilities or that those who constructed them didn't get payments on time?
2) If you would have a look at the map of danish schools, the purpose of equipping the poorest with best would be obvious. And aside from setting up danish schools in backward areas (to provide children of those areas with the best education facilities), most of the existing schools have also been upgraded with newer facilities and computer labs.
Daanish Schools - Empowering the Poorest of the Poor through Quality Education
3) Faisalabad has its own cardio centre.....
Faisalabad Institute of Cardiology, Faisalabad

Now that is like an insult to some of us, dont you think dear?
A better selection filter would have stopped me from saying so....I don't know why people here take personal insult in almost everything....

Strategy of PMLN is to work on issues that can give them boost in the eyes of a voter, someone who is traveling in the heat of summer on public transport everydaywill surelg prefer a nice and comfortable transport service where he will not have to sit in a very congestedvan, where even breathing gets hard...... There focus is more on building infrastructure first, which will get them votes and later work on social and welfare services..... Am ok with it, because am sick and fed up of this menace of traffic in pindi Islamabad region

First of all we shouldn't be comparing ourselves with India and their metro system. India is way better than Pakistan economically and there is no point hiding it. We should first focus on things are important such as 24/7 electricity and clean water.

A better selection filter would have stopped me from saying so....I don't know why people here take personal insult in almost everything....
It is not personal but more about the title I hold, if you have a problem against any TTA/TTC, you just say out their name rather then generalise it and insult every TT out their

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom