Mumbai Metro
Hyderabad Metro
Navi Mumbai Metro
Kochi Metro

Cities that have a Monorail:

Mumbai

Cities that have a Tram:

Kolkata

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus)

Ahmedabad
Pune
Delhi
Indore
Jaipur
Rajkot
Surat

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus) under Construction:

Hyderabad
Visakhapatnam
Bhopal
Vadodara

Now see us (Pakistan):

Cities that have Metro Rail

None

Cities that have Metro Rail under Construction

Lahore (from November)

Cities that have a Monorail:

None

Cities that have a Tram:

None

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus):

Lahore

Cities that have a Bus Rapid Transit System (Metro Bus) under Construction:

Rawalpindi
Islamabad

For God's sake let us improve our transport and infrastructure. :hitwall:
Do you really think that they do it with some sound reason behind it.....I'd rather ignore their rants as their only hope for survival lies in clouding the PML-N's achievements.

Paghal ho gaye ho kia?

The only problem plaguing Punjab currently is transportation, and Metro Bus is the answer.

Soon you will see two faces plastered all over the newspapers and below them written 'Record'!!!

Kash agr education aur basic health facilities kay bhi yehi record bantay to.aaj Pakistan kdhr hota.

In 60B PKR instead of metro they could have bought 1000s of buses not sure why a single metro bus costs 300 million. Hino Pak builds the same type of buses but they had to order it from Turkey most likely otokar company...Anyway the next Gov will most likely suspend it entirely or let it die.

Health and Educationa and Infra structure development are two different departments; does not mean that if you invest in infrastructure development you are compromising Health and Education.

Ok, then go ahead and show me 5 new health and 5 new education projects started by Punjab govt in last one year? Oh and don't come up ghost Danish schools or free laptops :lol:

Showbazi Showbazi and Showbazi... that's it!.. There is only one hospital Nishtar Hospital in south Punjab which is serving the the whole south!!! Instead of completing the projects for health and education he is resorting to these show pieces..

Ufff, how stupid will this get!!

What the hell are they doing, they do not have slightest of idea what the people want and are just stuffing there metro down our throats for there own ego. Just so that they can cover a full page of newspaper with the adds of this ACHIEVEMENT! L

90% of Faisalabad population do not have clean drinking water, the ground water condition in Faisalabad is poor and the water is saline. I hope the metro can deliver a few cans of clean water to my home.

I do not understand where they are leading us to, this is really disgusting. A humongous force of ministers and advisers and still they are not able to figure out what comes first when it comes to our needs and requirements. Pathetic!

Sir you are talking about Faisalabad? I'm afraid Lahore is also same. This for example is a recent video report on NA-120 Lahore (Nawaz Sharif's constituency):

bhai 1122 ko bula laina metro pa rush hoga :rofl:

Sorry 1122 is Pervez Elahi's project, patwaries will prefer Metro Bus over 1122, hands down. :lol:

Don't worry about him....Soon he will be promoted to "Analyst/Think Tank"

Ward woes: In Rawalpindi hospitals, everything is at own risk
By Fawad Ali / Photo: Zafar Aslam
Published: June 5, 2014
Share this articlePrint this pageEmail
717638-image-1401907047-188-640x480.JPG

Patients and attendants wait in outside in the lawn due to the boiling-hot waiting rooms. PHOTO: ZAFAR ASLAM/ EXPRESS

717638-image-1401907153-798-160x120.JPG
717638-image-1401907107-505-160x120.JPG
717638-image-1401907047-188-160x120.JPG

RAWALPINDI:
Barriers at main entrances, unreasonably high parking fees and cramped waiting lounges have compounded the problems of patients and visitors to the allied hospitals.

Contractors have been awarded parking contracts charging the motorists at will. They charge Rs10 per hour for a motorcycle and Rs30 for a car, yet the receipt still reads, ‘Parking at your own risk’.

Visitors from other cities such as Chakwal, Attock, or Azad Jammu and Kashmir also complained about being overcharged parking fees.

“My mother has been admitted here for a week and I had to pay Rs1,000 as car parking fee to the contractor at the District Headquarters (DHQ) Hospital,” said Wahid Saeed.

“We have paid Rs5.7 million to get the contract. We also have to pay our staff,” said Altaf, who collects parking fees at the main gate of DHQ hospital.

Parking conditions at Benazir Bhutto Hospital (BBH) are even worse.

Bikes and cars are left in no-parking areas to avoid paying parking fees, making it difficult for patients, especially those with limited physical mobility, to even enter the hospital.

As a result of this, scuffles between visitors and parking contractors are a common sight at BBH.

“Why should I pay the fee if I have to park my motorcycle at my own risk,” a visitor wrangled with a contractor when he saw the receipt handed to him at the gate.

33.jpg

Blocked entrances

Barriers placed at the entrances to the three main public hospitals — DHQ, BBH and Holy Family Hospital — to regulate the traffic have also created difficulties for walk-in patients who must duck and weave their way in.

Besides, the doorways of various wards are blocked with chains, which are opened only in an emergency. Patients, including the elderly and women, have to either cross over the chains or go through the narrow space on one side.

The pain of waiting

According to figures provided by the hospital administrations, around 4,000 people visit the three hospitals every day.

Unfortunately, waiting lounges in the hospitals, which already have limited seating, also lack fans and clean drinking water. Most of the water coolers installed at the hospitals are in poor shape and visitors are forced to purchase bottled water.

When asked about the parking fee, the DHQ medical superintendent said he can only comment after reading the contract and hung up. BBH MS Asif Qadir Mir was not available for comment

Published in The Express Tribune, June 5th, 2014.

To all my PTI friends.....Punjab government is simultaneously pursuing all the development sectors i.e. setting up energy projects, making hospitals, making roads and transportation infrastructure and improving education system.....You guys should probably ask IK that despite allocating "huge" money for education and health,Why he had to resort to general public for funding health and education projects in KPK.... And why does his every "a political" initiative starts in KPK....

Public funding is sought for new projects and people are funding because they trust IK with that. Otherwise no one wants to even waste his one fart for Ganja Dakooos.

As for KPK, 80,000 kanal land has been acquired near peshawar for mega education city, last I checked world's 22 top universities were in negotiation with KP govt to set up their campuses there.

• Over 1.5 million new kids are enrolled to schools in KP including far fetched remote areas.
  • Medium of learning has been changed to English all over KP
  • Uniform education system is already introduced

These are the steps which Showbaz not-so-Sharif couldn't implement in Punjab even after ruling it 6 times. Need I say more? :azn:

@hasnain0099 Danish school builders/contractors are still waiting for their payments. They ran front page ads last year to shame Shahbaz sharif administration but their pleas fell upon deaf ears. So where education funds are being used and why Danish school project is not being expanded elsewhere? There is not a single, Proper engineering university ( or any other kind of university) in Sialkot. They all had to come to lahore for admissions.

Patients from faislabad, Sheikhapura, other small cities are forced to come to Lahore to avail advance medical facilities at Mayo, shiekh zayd or at Punjab cardiology institute. Why health sector is being neglected grossly?

And these are few of many sectors that are being neglected at the expense of metro buses!

Punjab govt strategy seems to be "growth through infrastructure investment", not "growth through provision of services". PML-N seems to think that such investment will generate growth which can then be used for more of the same or not.

Our elite classes do not think that social services are a priority, since they do not themselves suffer lack thereof. But they do want to see development of cities to be able to claim satisfactory growth.

Admittedly infrastructure in upper half of Punjab yields better returns at expense of increased disparity. They have to do something elsewhere for token purpose, and that is where Multan comes in.

Let us wait four more years and see what they do. If they are smart, they would focus on services in the next fiscal year, 2015-16.

in Multan Metro Bus will be of 30 Kilometers and will be completed in 1 year.... CM Shahbaz Shareef ...

Acquiring Land for the Hospital in Multan

View attachment 33931

Abhi to elaan hua hai route jb aai ga tb pata lage ga k kahan bn rhi hai

Wrong info bro... i know a person very well who worked for the procurement of land for the said hospital...land acquisition is final but due to obvious reasons i cant disclose it (don't want him getting the stick)... trust me the sheikhs were and are very serious about this project and the welfare of people in the vicinity.

Back
Top Bottom