What's new

After jailing Kashmiri lobbyist Fai, US is being fussy over its CIA agent?

Is America blaming a double game?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Your lot seems incapable of understanding the meaning of a simply word called " TREASON " ... No matter how much justification is given , you will continue going round and round in circles ... No Use , Just like we see here , Fai is a traitor for accepting money from ISI - notice he wasn't providing any intelligence help to them but just lobbying , Shakil on the other hand is a hero for illegally providing information to a foreign spy agency for greed ... Hypocrites !

A Pakistani citizen violates his country's law and law enforcement agencies take him to task ... Helping catch a terrorist isn't illegal but providing that information to a foreign spy agency for money is ...

Simply , huh ? :azn:

A couple of things..

Discussion on Afridi is a valid discussion that is happening across the world now.. Pakistanis have a view on that and its perfectly valid to have that view.. However what I commented on was the approach on the forum, where a perfectly valid discussion on the topic was killed and a new thread with a propaganda title was created...

btw, just like Asim, you are incorrect in saying that Fai has been arrested for treason. He has not been.. He has been arrested for not following the declaration policy while accepting funds from a foreign entity..

Discussion on Afridi is a valid discussion that is happening across the world now.. Pakistanis have a view on that and its perfectly valid to have that view.. However what I commented on was the approach on the forum, where a perfectly valid discussion on the topic was killed and a new thread with a propaganda title was created...
You got an explanation that you didn't deserve, and yet you're derailing the thread, so now you'll get the infraction that you do deserve.

Without a doubt, the usage of tribal law justice system was a mistake, he should have been tried in the high court at least.

If nothing else, I am curious to know how many others have been tried by ISI under tribal justice and this will definitely open a can of worms for ISI. I think they should do the right thing and have a higher court take up the matter, promptly. He deserves jail time no doubt, but everyone deserves a fair trial.

Our country , Our Law - Who are you to tell us what to try him under ? :azn: ... If he wants , he can appeal in High Court and then Supreme Court ( they aren't so lenient to let a traitor go with 33 years ) ...

Nah , it will deter anothers considering to betray their country for money ...

P.S Tribune is a well known anti-Pakistan **** ... Dont bother with it !

But do we know if Dr Afridi was privy to all the details of the operation. I mean did he know that he was helping to Americans to get to Osama? I don't think that hows intelligence agencies work. The poor guy probably didn't have a clue that he was working for the CIA. They must have used some proxies and a proxy story to get him to do the whole "fake vaccination" thing. Or do we think that CIA operatives rocked up in front of Dr Afridis house, flashed their cards and gave him all the details of the operation and then asked him to work them.:undecided:

Pakistan should have been on face saving mode after the Osama fiasco, instead Pakistan is going in the wrong direction driven by hurt ego and frustration.

The killing of OBL was a common objective of both countries as per various press statements read for some time now.

After the killing, the OBL death has become a Taboo and the people who helped to attain that objective victimized in the name of helping the CIA, which has got quite a reputation of collaborating with state's own intelligence.

Afridi is a victim since the irk of the OBL death under the nose was unbearable and is a highly ego hurting incident.

PS: dont know whether i get infraction too... for saying what i feel on the incident.

But do we know if Dr Afridi was privy to all the details of the operation. I mean did he know that he was helping to Americans to get to Osama? I don't think that hows intelligence agencies work. The poor guy probably didn't even that he was working for the CIA. They must have used some proxies and a proxy story to get him to do the whole "fake vaccination" thing. Or do we think that CIA operatives rocked up in front of Dr Afridis house, flashed their cards and gave him all the details of the operation and then asked him to work them.:undecided:

Pakistan should have been on face saving mode after the Osama fiasco, instead Pakistan is going in the wrong direction driven by hurt ego and frustration.

Enlighten me about one thing - what the hell would have the Americans have told Shakil they were doing when they asked him to conduct that fake polio vaccination ? That they were looking for someone high value right whether or not they mentioned explicitly Osama or anything right ? :azn: That is still treason and punishable by every country's law ... Even conducting a fake vaccination for a foreign spy agency even if you aren't told the real objective IS ! Do not tell me that this DR was like 5 , didn't know anything ... The poor guy knew everything but still went ahead with it for $ and Green Card and now he's paying for it ! No , i think the CIA offered him permanent US residency and **** loads of money , they didn't need to flash their cards ... You are free to continue making scenarios however ...

Pakistan should have ceased all cooperation with US after Osama fiasco , if you dont trust us , **** off , why the hell accuse us and then next day beg for help ? :azn: ... Pakistan is going in the perfectly right direction , do not be concerned about that ... There are others who need to save face not being able to control Afghanistan and bring Taliban to their terms after 10 years and trillions spent !

I would really like to know what exactly the treason charge was based on. This chap was a doctor. It is extremely unlikely that the CIA handed out their cards to him & introduced themselves as being from the CIA. It is also extremely unlikely that they told him what the information that he was obtaining by his camps was for. It is a bit of a stretch to believe that he knew who or what his information was regarding. At best this guy was an unwitting accomplice, unwitting in the sense that he would not have likely known that he was working for the CIA or that the information that he was providing would have been in way related to Osama Bin Laden. It is extremely unlikely & would indeed be highly unprofessional of the CIA to even let him guess what particular house they were concentrating on. If he was, as many here suggest something more, one can safely assume that he would have been spirited out of Pakistan much earlier.

Enlighten me about one thing - what the hell would have the Americans have told Shakil they were doing when they asked him to conduct that fake polio vaccination ? That they were looking for someone high value right whether or not they mentioned explicitly Osama or anything right ? :azn: T

You serious? Why on earth would the CIA trust this men not to rat out what he heard. You guys are really something else. Where there is enough evidence, you see none. Where there is nothing, you see everything!

But do we know if Dr Afridi was privy to all the details of the operation. I mean did he know that he was helping to Americans to get to Osama? I don't think that hows intelligence agencies work. The poor guy probably didn't have a clue that he was working for the CIA. They must have used some proxies and a proxy story to get him to do the whole "fake vaccination" thing. Or do we think that CIA operatives rocked up in front of Dr Afridis house, flashed their cards and gave him all the details of the operation and then asked him to work them.:undecided:

Bloody hell! How on earth did you get pretty much the same thoughts as myself. My post is starting to look like a copy/paste job from yours.

What some 19th century tribal law? I don't how this is serving Pakistan's cause.

Shakil Afridi ‘in poor health’

So somebody is going to come in and change our laws?

We are a independent country, our law.

Tribal or medieval or modern anything. Our land, our law. Saudi laws are also called ancient BTW.

Without a doubt, the usage of tribal law justice system was a mistake, he should have been tried in the high court at least.

If nothing else, I am curious to know how many others have been tried by ISI under tribal justice and this will definitely open a can of worms for ISI. I think they should do the right thing and have a higher court take up the matter, promptly. He deserves jail time no doubt, but everyone deserves a fair trial.

Good point there. The case happened in Abbotabad, so why go with FCR which are laws of FATA.

A case could be that he was health officer of Khyber agency, a FATA district, but the crime happened in Abbotabad, and he was living in Peshawar (and arrested from there).

Dr Afridi's wife was also a American!

I would really like to know what exactly the treason charge was based on. This chap was a doctor. It is extremely unlikely that the CIA handed out their cards to him & introduced themselves as being from the CIA. It is also extremely unlikely that they told him what the information that he was obtaining by his camps was for. It is a bit of a stretch to believe that he knew who or what his information was regarding. At best this guy was an unwitting accomplice, unwitting in the sense that he would not have likely known that he was working for the CIA or that the information that he was providing would have been in way related to Osama Bin Laden. It is extremely unlikely & would indeed be highly unprofessional of the CIA to even let him guess what particular house they were concentrating on. If he was, as many here suggest something more, one can safely assume that he would have been spirited out of Pakistan much earlier.

Most probably this.

He would have just known that he was in contact with Yanks, not CIA, and he did not know about OBL living there either, just a terrorist. He would have thought that some quick bucks and a name in the media, and his work is done. He was waiting for popularity IMO.

This was more of an example , that anybody is complicit with the CIA or anyone else on an individual level, he gets busted.

ISIS-CIA relations are pretty bad now-a-days as well.

You serious? Why on earth would the CIA trust this men not to rat out what he heard. You guys are really something else. Where there is enough evidence, you see none. Where there is nothing, you see everything!

Even without being uninformed , he shouldn't have worked for money for a foreign spy agency ...
That is it ! You guys are actually drama queens , you make assumptions/speculations despite there being overwhelming evidence otherwise ... There is everything we need to see here , he's free to prove his innocence to our High Court or Supreme Court however he's advised that they aren't so lenient as the tribal laws !

Enlighten me about one thing - what the hell would have the Americans have told Shakil they were doing when they asked him to conduct that fake polio vaccination ? That they were looking for someone high value right whether or not they mentioned explicitly Osama or anything right ? :azn: That is still treason and punishable by every country's law ... Even conducting a fake vaccination for a foreign spy agency even if you aren't told the real objective ! Do not tell me that this DR was like 5 , didn't know anything ... The poor guy knew everything but still went ahead with it for $ and Green Card and now he's paying for it ! No , i think the CIA offered him permanent US residency and **** loads of money , they didn't need to flash their cards ... You are free to continue making scenarios however ...

Dude its not like he just went to Obama's compound, he did the vaccination in the whole area pretty much. And seriously, this is CIA we are talking about, the masters of espionage, they can come up with any kind of story and even do the background work to make it sound real, this is what they do, its their job!

There is no way CIA would have risked the whole operation by giving out such sensitive information to what can be termed at best as an expendable espionage mule, specially when they were so close to nabbing Osama.

Pakistan should have ceased all cooperation with US after Osama fiasco , if you dont trust us , **** off , why the hell accuse us and then next day beg for help ? :azn: ... Pakistan is going in the perfectly right direction , do not be concerned about that ... There are others who need to save face not being able to control Afghanistan and bring Taliban to their terms after 10 years and trillions spent !

I can understand your ire, if something like this happened in India I would be be pissed too and baying for his blood. But this is giving Pakistan very bad press, all around the world, as if there isn't enough already. For the world over Dr Afridi is a good guy, and Pakistan is incarcerating him for helping kill Osama bin Laden, the bad guy.

Even without being uninformed , he shouldn't have worked for money for a foreign spy agency ...
That is it ! You guys are actually drama queens , you make assumptions/speculations despite there being overwhelming evidence otherwise ... There is everything we need to see here , he's free to prove his innocence to our High Court or Supreme Court however he's advised that they aren't so lenient as the tribal laws !

Yeah man, the CIA would have told him who they were & asked him if he were interested in helping them catch Bin Laden.:woot: The CIA's presence was undetected by the ISI & the army within a military garrison town. The idea that this doctor or any other would know anything about the CIA is laughable. As for him working with any American agency, you guys work with & allow USAID to function in your country. You actually think the CIA would not have used that as a cover? The doctor was an expendable asset which is why he was allowed to remain in Pakistan where authorities could get their hands on him. If he knew anything; absolutely anything about the operation, he would have long left your shores. Time for you chaps to get real!

I just read somewhere that the Doctor wasn't even allowed a lawyer in the tribal court. Is that true?

Kashmir issue and Bahrain's uprising are two soar issues where America has had to make political sacrifice
it has had to turn a blind eye although whatever is happening there is against its own principles.

both India and Bahrain got the get out of jail card because of its Naval fleet parked in one country and to prime the other to do its bidding in South Asia specially against China

He collaborated with a foreign agency. No ambiguity about that.

He is a Pakistani citizen, and we tried him on our own laws.

Collaborating with a foreign agency, without the governments consent.

All of this is fine. But one still wonders how far has Pakistan progressed in prosecuting those who were responsible for sheltering Osama in Abbotabad for all that time? Isn't that a treason? As far as I know, no one has been prosecuted or even held accountable for this failing.

Under these circumstances, people will come to the conclusion that the Pakistani state was implicit in sheltering Osama and is now punishing those responsible for the capture of Osama.

The point is this: the article's comparison and justification of Dr Afridi's case with Nabi Fai's case is totally irrelevant and amounts to "journalistic trolling".

We already lost Karan for taking this line.. Why are you going down this path (even if it is true) ?

More accurately I have posted the language of his charges, already and my point is precisely that. The US has so viciously gone after an old man doing a good thing for this world and doing so for many decades in the US, just because he didn't register his name somewhere and got penalized on a technicality.

Kind of bogey here sir..
Syed Ghulam Nabi Fai (Urdu: سید غلام نبی فائی), is an American citizen of Kashmiri origin, born in Indian state of Jammu Kashmir. He was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation on July 19, 2011 for allegedly accepting monies from Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) to lobby and influence the U.S. government on the Kashmir conflict in violation of Foreign Agents Registration Act.
Fai pleaded guilty to conspiracy and tax evasion(both charges and faces five or more years in Federal prison.[5]

Looks like you DID NOT post the language of the charges but your flawed interpretation of that..

Not sure why we have jailed Dr Afridi he should be scheduled for execution by bullet into his head.

Back
Top Bottom