What's new

After India, Russia Offers Brazil Joint Development Of T-50 Fighter Aircraft

Janmejay

Reaction score
Country
India
t-50_1395832052.jpg

Russia plans to offer Brazil joint development of the fifth-generation combat aircraft, the Sukhoi T-50, according to Alexander Fomin, the head of the Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation.

The proposal is reportedly in support of an unsolicited offer by Sukhoi whose Su-35 fighter was taken off Brazil’s shortlist for its F-X2 tender for the purchase of 36 fighter jets worth $4 billion.

Russia is still hoping to sell the Su-35s or similar aircraft to Brazil outside the framework of that tender, sweetening the deal with the new proposal, according to Ria Novosti.

New Delhi and Moscow are currently already developing a derivative of the T-50 for the Indian Air Force. According to executives from India’s Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL), the two sides completed the preliminary design of the aircraft, tentatively dubbed FGFA, earlier this year and are now negotiating a detailed design contract.

The Indo-Russian deal to co-develop an FGFA with capabilities tailor-made for India is worth approximately $6 billion.

I had thought that Brazil would be more interested in the F-35 program.

I thought India had a 50 % share in T-50 (including 50% of profits made on exports)
Doesn't India get a say in this ?

Anyways, Brazil is India's strategic partner in South America so I am more than happy to see them join this project.

I thought India had a 50 % share in T-50 (including 50% of profits made on exports)

Anyways, Brazil is India's strategic partner in South America so I am more than happy to see them join this project.
Most of things of T-50 has already been devloped except engine if i am not mistaken.I think they are just trying to woo Brazil after there Su-35 has been taken off from the list just like what America did iduring MMRCA tender.They wont succeed though.

A General Contract was signed in December 2008 between HAL and Rosoboronexport, Russia's defence exports agency. This laid out general principles of cooperation, such as work share, cost sharing and sale of the FGFA to third countries. Russia's Centre for Analysis of World Arms Trade predicts that the PAK FA will be available for export in 2025, though this may include the FGFA the primary export version.

In 2012, Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov said that Russia and India would jointly build the export version of the T-50 starting in 2020. In 2013, United Aircraft Corporation president Mikhail Pogosyan said that the Russian PAK FA and the Sukhoi/HAL FGFA will use the "identical onboard systems and avionics"

India contributes 15 percent of the research and development work, but shares half the cost.

What is India and Brazil's relationship like?

What is India and Brazil's relationship like?

India recognizes that Brazil is the center of geopolitical power in South America and hopes Brazil reciprocates the gesture when it comes to matters of the sub-continent.

Brazil is the largest trade partner of India in South America and a fellow BRICS member.
With the setting up of BRICS bank as rival to World Bank, the significance of BRICS as a power block will grow exponentially.
Brazil can also provide us raw materials and help overcome our energy deficit.
So overall, I would say India and Brazil are natural partners and have no major conflicting interests.

Brazil has a special place for me for two reasons.
1)Pele
2)beautiful women

Back
Top Bottom