What's new

After free water, AAP slashes energy tariffs in Delhi

I am afraid there be a new wave of subsidy based populist politics in India, there will be a new race among political parties to subsidize everything, and the county will suffer.

WOW! Well done India!! Cheap democracy!!

Puny bribery to the ignorant masses. Indian voters are so easily bought.

These FREEbies will come at much much greater COST.

I read once in an article on lost decade of 90s where we bought almost no big ticket weaponry & now we have to buy a lot of them. A former airman said - "If you were eating free lunches for almost a decade, get ready for double payments now"

Suits APTLY here.

ALL Ministries are corrupt.Its not like Corporates want to willfully offer bribes. If bribes aren't accepted, I am of the opinion that it will attract greater corporate investment.

It is this general disaffection with the neta class that AAP is exploiting for its narrow political ends. In my view, big companies prioritise a stable political outlook, rule of law and consistent, pro business policy framework ahead of corruption when considering investments, hence why China attracts a lot more FDI than India. Enforcing unilateral changes to existing contracts and aggressive posturing towards corporates may win Kejju some votes in the short term but will definitely drive away potential investors.

Last edited:
The man was also a Revenue Officer. He obviously will have a few plans on generating revenues for his 'populist' ventures (I see them as measures that the Govt should have taken long back).

Also, refraining from corruption and other malpractices is also going to benefit the exchequer in a big way, should he live up to his promise.

How much was typical water bill that now it is free?

Same question

How much was typical electricity bill that now it is 50% off

AK better hope & pray that his govt falls sooner than later. If it doesn't.... his bluff will be called & he will have nowhere to hide!

AAP will fail quiet badly in lok Sabha , they could not even gather 30% support in Delhi even after all the door to door Campaigning ... getting support outside Delhi is very Difficult..simply setting up offices won't help ...

I hope free power doesn't transpire into no power.

AK is playing the long game..he is perfectly happy to p**s money up the wall for he knows there would be someone cleaning up after him. Sooner or later he will be outsed from office, which will then be conveniently attributed to a politcal elite-corporate conspiracy. If such unfunded freebies are challenged through the courts, AK will blame vile capitalist forces. If subsequent goverments attempt to restore fiscal responsibility, he'll accuse them of being anti aam aadmi. AK's sole objective is to secure his short term appeal through populism in order to create the right political climate that would favour his social anarchist agenda in time for the general elections.

In others words, victory of AAP or any other populist just proves that Indian public in general is "Harramkhor" who would vote anyone who throws crumbs towards them. Rural and poor people were openly accused of being vote sellers.With AAP, middle class has also proved that it is for sale, just the price should be correct.

I hope free power doesn't transpire into no power.

There is no scenario in which it would not. Nothing in this world is free.The fact that Delhi has round the clock power supply while UP has an average of Six hours of supply is because people pay market rate for power supply in Delhi.

Having said that, I may be underestimating AK-maybe his Delhi does not need big companies after all as, under AAP's grand vision, Mohalla Sabhas could be tasked with generating and supplying electricity locally.

With what?

Gobar gas plants or diesel generators.

good or bad overall???... dnt know... bt i want to reduce internet charges, want unlimited 3g...........

AAP will fail quiet badly in lok Sabha , they could not even gather 30% support in Delhi even after all the door to door Campaigning ... getting support outside Delhi is very Difficult..simply setting up offices won't help ...

thats true since Delhi was the only attention of AAP

they wont fare nicely in lok sabhas unless each state has contenders like arvind
and they still need to prove themselves in Delhi , it was too early for them to jump for lok sabha

Back
Top Bottom