What's new

After Bengaluru metro row, Chennai metro clarifies no Hindi on sign boards

manlion

Reaction score
The Chennai metro has been using Tamil and English languages on their signboards at stations

After the three-language signboards were removed from metro rail stations in Bengaluru, the Chennai metro rail authority has clarified that the three-language system will not be followed in the metro rail network in the city and Hindi will not be part of any of the signboards at the stations.

Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) official told The Times of India that they are not going to introduce three-language system at metro stations. The Chennai metro has been using Tamil and English languages on their signboards at stations and trains since its inauguration in 2015.

Despite CMRL using Tamil and English on its signboards, after online and offline campaigns against imposing Hindi in Bengaluru, there was apprehension among certain sections of commuters and others that Hindi will be introduced at Chennai metro stations also.

Kochi metro has been following three languages on all signboards and name boards. A Kochi metro official told TOI that it was mandatory to follow three-language system in metro stations according to the Official Languages Act. They added that they do not follow three languages while doing announcements due to time constraints.

In Bengaluru, last month, several Hindi language sign boards were vandalised. After campaigns by Kannada groups, metro officials started removing Hindi from the boards.

Many Kannada groups and even the Chief Minister of Karnataka Siddaramaiah had objected to the three-language policy by the central government on metros that mandated the use of Hindi along with English and the local language.

The Urban Development Department's order, dated December 9, 2016, makes it compulsory for non-Hindi speaking states to use Hindi in Metro signs.

Chennai Metro rail is in the process of completing last stage of the phase-1 of the project and has started preliminary work on the stage-2, reported TOI.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...ai-metro-clarifies-no-hindi-sign-boards-66333

Chennai people will have difficultly in reading the hindi sign boards, guess same will happen to all metros across all states next in pipeline will be hyderabad. Common people can't read hindi in South Indian states. That would be wise decision to have regional language signs boards. This is no way a lingual difference.

Kick the Hin-dians out of Tamil Nadu. That is independence for Tamil people.

Kick the Hin-dians out of Tamil Nadu. That is independence for Tamil people.
Lol .. Tamil independence man they are patriot to the core of their heart. I have lived in Chennai for a year. They make you shit in your pants. If you don't respect them or their faith.

Chennai people will have difficultly in reading the hindi sign boards, guess same will happen to all metros across all states next in pipeline will be hyderabad. Common people can't read hindi in South Indian states. That would be wise decision to have regional language signs boards. This is no way a lingual difference.

in H-India cows and the cow belt states (hindi speaking) are more equal than the other states (excluding Kerala which will suck up to Hindi)
Kochi metro has been following three languages on all signboards and name boards. A Kochi metro official told TOI that it was mandatory to follow three-language system in metro stations according to the Official Languages Act.

Lol .. Tamil independence man they are patriot to the core of their heart. I have lived in Chennai for a year. They make you shit in your pants. If you don't respect them or their faith.

only 1 year and you are a self proclaim expert on Tamil patriotism ? Did you live in your mini ghetto ?

this should wake you up
19665447_1949235975101843_8830118950284503384_n.jpg

in H-India cows and the cow belt states (hindi speaking) are more equal than the other states (excluding Kerala which will suck up to Hindi)

only 1 year and you are a self proclaim expert on Tamil patriotism ? Did you live in your mini ghetto ?

this should wake you up
I hope Tamil Nadu can reclaim lost dravidian land and form a country of their own. First step is to deny Hindi.

I hope Tamil Nadu can reclaim lost dravidian land and form a country of their own. First step is to deny Hindi.

try commenting on stuff you know

this should wake you up
how many times will you post this picture ?

i dont see the point of writing sign in hindi in tamilnadu. i want the state transport of all states to write sign boards in English apart from local script, its difficult for visitors to use public transport if you only write signs in local language.(i include hindi in local language)

this should wake you up

Haha man ... So desperate in propagating the false agenda . Kochi is 100 percent literates they know how to read hindi ... I am from a Dravidian states and proud to be Indian ..
Thanks for your concern on us , we know how to solve our problems ..

i dont see the point of writing sign in hindi in tamilnadu. i want the state transport of all states to write sign boards in English apart from local script, its difficult for visitors to use public transport if you only write signs in local language.(i include hindi in local language)

i could care less about hindi signs if it helps some poor soul

i could care less about hindi signs if it helps some poor soul
you mean you could not..?
if you include hindi then you got to include other indian languages and soon realize the signboards too big(or the letters too small).
Unless the area has sizable hindi speaking population, I dont see the point of writing in hindi

In hyderabad we are using Telugu and English from decades. We ever had any problem and it shouldn't be a problem now.
This is not even considered as a news.

Attachments

• IMG_20170816_102008.jpg
    IMG_20170816_102008.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 24
Written Hindu has always been a political tinderbox in India.

On the other hand, spoken Hindi remains our national link tongue.

Nothing else even comes close.

Cheers, Doc

how many times will you post this picture ?

ok ,, how about this ?

th

For security reasons I cant post more pictures, already many are languishing in Puzhal Jail under Goondas Acts . Claiming to be the world's largest democracy is a joke

Student arrested under Goonda's Act for protesting against Hydro Carbon extraction

Human Rights Defender Thirumurugan Gandhi Arrested

Human Rights defender Thirumurugan Gandhi has been arrested under the notorious Goonda Act by the Tamil Nadu police, for being part of the Candle Light Vigil that was held in Marina Beach on 21st May, in remembrance of the Genocidal War against Tamils in Sri Lanka which killed at least 150,000 Tamil civilians. There was a police action against the protest march on 21st. Thirumurugan Gandhi and many others were taken into custody. Today they were charged under Goonda Act and arrested.

http://www.countercurrents.org/2017/05/29/human-rights-defender-thirumurugan-gandhi-arrested/

Tamils are worst off under Indian imperialist than the British

Thirumurugan Gandhi raising slogans for Tamils Rights while entering Court

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom