What's new

After 7 year gap, Pakistan Day to see military parade in full glory

Радж Синха

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
ISLAMABAD: A joint military parade of Pakistan's armed forces will take place on Pakistan Day, sources said on Monday, after a gap of seven years.

"The decision has been made to hold a joint military services parade on March 23," a top military source told Dawn on the condition of anonymity.

The parade will be organised by joint staff headquarters in Rawalpindi, which oversees the three armed forces of Pakistan.The venue for the parade is yet to be finalised, with the two vast compounds shortlisted as potential sites.

The last military parade took place on March 23, 2008 during the tenure of Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf as a civilian president.

Furthermore, a diplomatic source told Dawn that Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to attend the Pakistan Day parade as chief guest.

Both China and Pakistan are working out details of the Chinese president's visit through diplomatic channels.

Chinese authorities have been assured about maximum security during Jinping's upcoming visit.

So , Guys , What do you think ? Will it make the politics between India and Pakistan more tense ? As I have watched irks at many places after republic day parade on 26th Jan .. Usa president Obama was the chief guest , and on the other hand Xi Jinping may be the chief guest on that parade ....So it will be interesting :D :D How Usa newspapers will react ...............We Indians will surely love to watch it :D ..Please post the full parade on youtube , if anybody can :)

i will see and believe it when it happens - the parade - full dress 23rd march Pakistan day parade

ISLAMABAD: A joint military parade of Pakistan's armed forces will take place on Pakistan Day, sources said on Monday, after a gap of seven years.

"The decision has been made to hold a joint military services parade on March 23," a top military source told Dawn on the condition of anonymity.

The parade will be organised by joint staff headquarters in Rawalpindi, which oversees the three armed forces of Pakistan.The venue for the parade is yet to be finalised, with the two vast compounds shortlisted as potential sites.

The last military parade took place on March 23, 2008 during the tenure of Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf as a civilian president.

Furthermore, a diplomatic source told Dawn that Chinese President Xi Jinping is expected to attend the Pakistan Day parade as chief guest.

Both China and Pakistan are working out details of the Chinese president's visit through diplomatic channels.

Chinese authorities have been assured about maximum security during Jinping's upcoming visit.

So , Guys , What do you think ? Will it make the politics between India and Pakistan more tense ? As I have watched irks at many places after republic day parade on 26th Jan .. Usa president Obama was the chief guest , and on the other hand Xi Jinping may be the chief guest on that parade ....So it will be interesting :D :D How Usa newspapers will react ...............We Indians will surely love to watch it :D ..Please post the full parade on youtube , if anybody can :)
Why post it. You will be anxiously watching.. And loosing sleep many days before it.:chilli:

Why post it. You will be anxiously watching.. And loosing sleep many days before it.:chilli:
Pathetic :D
I am new here , I read that news in somewhere , so decided top post it .. I am new here . ;) Why to lose sleep / getting anxious ? Haha , none of your parade weapons will be aimed at me . :coffee:
Have some shame man ...

Inviting Chinese president to attend military parade in Pakistan, which is being especially, held after a period of 7 yrs.

Just because Indians had invited American President to attend Indian military parade.

It is beyond pathetic.

A perfect embodiment of Pakistani leaderships 'India Obsession' .

just to give that obsession the final touches, Pakistan is also in talks with china for 3 more nuclear plants,
that must also be a retaliation for the US India nuclear deal.

oh btw, the chinese president was supposed to come to Pakistan anyways, the trip was canceled cuz of Imran Khan's dharna but now that the situation better than before its high time Chinese President should visit.what could be a better time to be in Pakistan than the upcoming 23rd March......

so yeah maybe its an India Obsession just cuz you said so...

just to give that obsession the final touches, Pakistan is also in talks with china for 3 more nuclear plants,
that must also be a retaliation for the US India nuclear deal.

oh btw, the chinese president was supposed to come to Pakistan anyways, the trip was canceled cuz of Imran Khan's dharna but now that the situation better than before its high time Chinese President should visit.what could be a better time to be in Pakistan than the upcoming 23rd March......

so yeah maybe its an India Obsession just cuz you said so...

You believe Pakistan inviting Chinese president to attend its republic day, just months after India invited US president to attend it's, is just a coincidence?

Pakistan is holding a full republic day after period of 7 yrs, why ?..What has changed in Pakistan that wasn't there for last 7 yrs?

You believe Pakistan inviting Chinese president to attend its republic day, just months after India invited US president to attend it's, is just a coincidence?

Pakistan is holding a full republic day after period of 7 yrs, why ?..What has changed in Pakistan that wasn't there for last 7 yrs?

it was supposed to happen,
he was supposed to come, it only delayed cuz of dharna,
and the news of 23rd march parade is old,This thread on the other hand is new.
this news has bee circulating around for quite a while,
23 rd March 2015

so stop crying,
we all have been longing to see the parade again.
it doesnt really have anything to do with your country but if you persist then sure, I dont really care.

it was supposed to happen,
he was supposed to come, it only delayed cuz of dharna,
and the news of 23rd march parade is old,This thread on the other hand is new.
this news has bee circulating around for quite a while,
23 rd March 2015

so stop crying,
we all have been longing to see the parade again.
it doesnt really have anything to do with your country but if you persist then sure, I dont really care.

Yes I know, he was suppose to come, but there are 365 day in a year, there was a reason, why his visit was made to coincide with a specific day of your calendar, and that too just months after US president attended Indian republic day.

It is called 'signaling' in diplomatic jargon.

Inviting Chinese president to attend military parade in Pakistan, which is being especially, held after a period of 7 yrs.

Just because Indians had invited American President to attend Indian military parade.

It is beyond pathetic.

A perfect embodiment of Pakistani leaderships 'India Obsession' .

Lol,The military parade was planned even last year but cancel few weeks earlier.It was already planned that military parade will be held this year as PPP was not competent.

Yes I know, he was suppose to come, but there are 365 day in a year, there was a reason, why his visit was made to coincide with a specific day of your calendar, and that too just months after US president attended Indian republic day.

It is called 'signaling' in diplomatic jargon.

you seem like an old member here and i really dont expect this type of stupidity from you,

he would come to pakistan as soon as the situation would become better, any idea what has been going on in Pakistan since the dharna, the peshawar massacre,
different tours of high ranking officials, and whole lot of other freaky shit.
now things are much calm, and obviously any country would want to call such a high ranking official on a special day, it makes moment much more better.

call it signalling or whatever that suits you. i call it unnecessary bitching.

if that definition worked then your country must be signalling a lot lately since there have been many high ranking tours by heads of other countries in your country as well.

so chillax..

@Радж Синха
hey newbie,
there's a term here. you might have come across it, its called "Thanks Whore" or "Like Whore"
ever heard of it?

Back
Top Bottom