What's new

After 12 O clock tonight FBR and NADRA take control of public finance

Be careful khan sahib yeh sara drama mujhe tu aap ky 19000 lootny ka hi lagta hai
HAKUMAT SOCH SMAJH KER KADAM UTHAY . ager mery 19000 ko kuch hoa to na NAB rahy gi na FBR or nam hakumat

HAKUMAT SOCH SMAJH KER KADAM UTHAY . ager mery 19000 ko kuch hoa to na NAB rahy gi na FBR or nam hakumat
money trail do bhai! dhoos dhamki say kaam nai chalna! app zardari nai jo app say sabko khouf aye ga

money trail do bhai! dhoos dhamki say kaam nai chalna! app zardari nai jo app say sabko khouf aye ga
19000 ki money trail kahan se doon ? mujhy khud bhi nhi pata kon mery account main dal gya ye raqam :enjoy:

Kahin aap bhi Faizabad py dharna dainy ka tu nahi soch rahy ?:o:

He sounds more dangerous like........ty phir ghauri aayaa

19000 ki money trail kahan se doon ? mujhy khud bhi nhi pata kon mery account main dal gya ye raqam :enjoy:
bhai 19 arab hota app ko koi kuch na kehta lakin 19000 barri choori hai is elitistan may! khan sabh may ac may paosay dalta he nai hun choota qarobari admi hun sugar mill walla hota hukumat chor dayti

Maybe, just a guess ....500 is only to avoid misuse like what happend in PTA's case information like Passport Number and Nicop were leaked.. other people's account including mine was already being used by someone to register 1 free phone. I don't think so anyone would be stupid enough to pay 500 per person to steal someone's information.

I suppose the point of this exercise is to let everyone know that authorities really have your records. Previously a lot of people were of the idea that authorities don't have any records so how can they enquire anyone for non/under declaration of tax. And its all pre-compiled, nothing to input from the user.

This profile doesn't have any land records, as you have rightly pointed out that these haven't been electronically compiled so far. But whenever these are compiled then it'll only be a matter of time for them to show up.

Similarly bank information doesn't seem to be available yet, but that might be coming up sooner than land records because a lot of banks are still going through biometric verifications. Once those are done, there's no reason why these cannot be made part of the profile.

They must've gathered this information from various sources that are electronic...like bank accounts. While it may not include everything like the land ownership records u mention that may not be computerized yet

Thank you for being serious and coming up with relevant and appropriate arguments.

I have already said that this is something that should happen but anything done halfheartedly and without putting any serious thought behind it is useless, waste of time and resources ....... without any results, infact based on past trend it normally leads to abuse, misuse and harassment.

Here are some relevant points from daily life experience ....

Most of the people from FATA, Balochistan KP, Punjab, Overseas have already invested billions of their black money in real estate, if you people remember when Pakistan was going thru its worst terror struck period, the only sector thriving successfully in Pakistan was real estate sector .......... if you don't have record of that then you have already missed a lot and trying to go in circles and making the existing compliant taxpayers uneasy and uncomfortable. The day filer non filer provisions were introduced the first sector to see a decline was real estate sector .... people started pulling out. If you are trying to make me believe that Malik Riaz earned billions and a lavish style by sitting on a jay e namaz ........ well shabash ay.

I have seen people carrying loads of money in their car trunks, in big piece of cloth. They don't use any debit or credit cards ........ here you are asking people to pay using their debit cards /credit cards for this service .... you must be some nut or high on something .........

What is the legal standing of such profiling? are we trying to convert Pakistan into a police state? 2/3 majority hy nai ap kay pass, qanoon to koi bana nai sktay app koi, aur nay nay shashkay ap chalay hain azmanay. O bai kissi aam admi ko dy do Pakistan ki economy ko theak karnay ka bairah ..... yeh elitist aur technocrats nay apnay baray baray offices k bahir kabi kuch dekha he nai hy, inhay kitna koi tajurba hy Pakistan jaisi undocumented economy ko document karnay ka?

Why this government is not willing to move to plastic money? We already have that benazir income program where the poorest of the country use a card to withdraw the money ......... so if they can everyone else can use debit and credit cards ........ the hard cash has to go if you seriously wish to document the economy.

Otherwise if they are only interested in iss budget k paisay kissi tarah pooray ho jain .... then good luck Pakistan you have elected an idiot to build you a new Pakistan.

On the other hand you seem to find fault with everything they do.

Alhamdolilah I have a thinking brain that doesn't blindly follow anyone and every move.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@WAJsal @Arsalan

Recently I have seen hike in very idiotic responses and personal attacks from blind followers of PTI, not that I mind but it doesn't mean that if I oppose government's policies I am a corrupt mafia supporter. The credit for this intolerance also goes to PTI U turn leader.

Now better pay the tax......it call big brother watching

Every one should pay tax but this is a LIE that people of Pakistan don't pay tax.
Please name one single person in Pakistan who don't pay tax!

Actually, there's no logic in Pakistani tax system and it's utilization on public.

Paying people cash under the cover of schemes like Benazir income support but not providing for a basic public transport and trash collection is criminal.

Collecting tax without providing back to general public is more aligned with money extortion, which is going on in Pakistan ever since.... i know it but now is worst of them all.

Recently I have seen hike in very idiotic responses and personal attacks from blind followers of PTI

Qaum e Luth was also in denial and behaved similarly as this Qaum e youth.
You just have faith in God.

When Shabar said that he will be going after beauty parlors, saloons and scrap dealers, I thought finally someone understands. I was under the impression that soon gadi nasheens would also be brought into the tax net, with all their assets and wealth declared, plus the sources of their money making ....... but well.

I think Pakistanis don't realise that behind every Nawaz and Benazir there is a baba who does the dum darood and used to beat them with stick for naik shagoon ....... and U turn khan is no different, the only difference is its not a baba but a peerni .... and an influential one. I demand full disclosure of wealth and assets of these foreign minister gadi nasheens, this first lady peerni and her ex husband, each and every peer that was ever created in Pakistan.

I have already said that this is something that should happen but anything done halfheartedly and without putting any serious thought behind it is useless, waste of time and resources ....... without any results, infact based on past trend it normally leads to abuse, misuse and harassment.
Right but one must begin somewhere. So while this has a host of issues it's still a step in the right direction. Perhaps it's easier for me to say since I don't have to experience these sorts of things, which effect ppl living in Pak.

From my perspective...seeing the extreme inefficiencies, corruption, and the lack of a will to run the state matters effectively year after year(for as long as I can remember)...any little thing, any little step that seems like a step in the right direction gets me excited. So perhaps it is my excitement that I think it's a good step...not perfect but certainly in the right direction IMO.
Here are some relevant points from daily life experience ....

Most of the people from FATA, Balochistan KP, Punjab, Overseas have already invested billions of their black money in real estate, if you people remember when Pakistan was going thru its worst terror struck period, the only sector thriving successfully in Pakistan was real estate sector .......... if you don't have record of that then you have already missed a lot and trying to go in circles and making the existing compliant taxpayers uneasy and uncomfortable. The day filer non filer provisions were introduced the first sector to see a decline was real estate sector .... people started pulling out. If you are trying to make me believe that Malik Riaz earned billions and a lavish style by sitting on a jay e namaz ........ well shabash ay.

I have seen people carrying loads of money in their car trunks, in big piece of cloth. They don't use any debit or credit cards ........ here you are asking people to pay using their debit cards /credit cards for this service .... you must be some nut or high on something .........
Right there is a need to get everything digitized(all records and transactions) especially something as big as the real estate sector. However a database(like that of Nadra) tracking it all would still be needed. So while this might be a very incomplete picture(eg only having bank balance info)...it can be added on to step by step. The only thing I'm saying is give it a chance...it might become something useful in the long run for tax compliance.

As for current taxpayers getting uneasy by this...the only ones who should feel uneasy are the ones that have something to hide. If someone has paid his/her due taxes...then he/she shouldn't worry.
What is the legal standing of such profiling? are we trying to convert Pakistan into a police state? 2/3 majority hy nai ap kay pass, qanoon to koi bana nai sktay app koi, aur nay nay shashkay ap chalay hain azmanay. O bai kissi aam admi ko dy do Pakistan ki economy ko theak karnay ka bairah ..... yeh elitist aur technocrats nay apnay baray baray offices k bahir kabi kuch dekha he nai hy, inhay kitna koi tajurba hy Pakistan jaisi undocumented economy ko document karnay ka?
The government has the right to prevent tax evasion. With this sort of system tracking ppl's income and assets it would be able to. This doesn't make it a "big brother" type of government. If ppl's income and assets are not on record then they can easily evade paying their due taxes on it.

Here in US, my income is reported to the tax bureau by my employer, my bank account info is reported to them by my bank, etc. So when I file my taxes at the end of the year...I can't be trying any shenanigans(or at least it would be extremely hard to pull off such a thing).

When we expect the government to build roads, hospitals, dams, etc. They need our tax money to do so...and to expect humans to be honest and willingly give up their fair share is a bit too unrealistic...which necessitates this sort of seemingly "big brother" type of step by the government.
Why this government is not willing to move to plastic money? We already have that benazir income program where the poorest of the country use a card to withdraw the money ......... so if they can everyone else can use debit and credit cards ........ the hard cash has to go if you seriously wish to document the economy.
It's extremely hard to fully digitize an economy...no country on earth earth so far has been able to ditch paper money. The best one can do for now is try and track transactions(including purchase and sale of real estate).
Otherwise if they are only interested in iss budget k paisay kissi tarah pooray ho jain .... then good luck Pakistan you have elected an idiot to build you a new Pakistan.

Alhamdolilah I have a thinking brain that doesn't blindly follow anyone and every move.
That's how it should be...this cult type of following is cancerous to a society. A leader should be elected based on his/her qualities, qualification, and track record.

However I'm of the opinion that we should allow IK a full term. He inherited a very broken Pakistan...it's hard to fix things overnight. Even if Jinnah himself came back to fix Pak...he would struggle too. The likes of Zardaris and Nawaz and those before them have spent decades looting and sabotaging this country...recovery would be really really slow.

If at the end of his term IK has shown progress...not amazingly fast growing economy(bcuz that's impossible in one term)...but progress in terms of reducing the import/export gap...tackling water/power shortage...reducing the amount of loans taken every year...allowing Pak to slowly pay off the loans rather than having a revolving balance that only grows...
...then that's good enough for a first term...if he does the same shit as others before him...then kick him out and bring in someone new.

Last edited:
Right but one must begin somewhere. So while this has a host of issues it's still a step in the right direction. Perhaps it's easier for me to say since I don't have to experience these sorts of things, which effect ppl living in Pak.

Buddy, the nonsense approach of trying to achieve results without any proper thought and process put into it, always makes me curse these idiots. This is not the first time, in past they introduced the online tax filing web portal, just consider where 70% (a rough estimate) of the awam is IT illiterate, doesn't know anything about the tax laws and you all of a sudden without educating anyone bring in a webportal for them to file their tax returns. Tax collection is a facilitation service but in Pakistan majority people give up even if they want to pay their taxes, why everything including the tax laws have to be so complicated? Why it can't be designed in a manner that it is understood easily and accepted.

Same is the problem with this profiling system now, a desperate try to scare people, so you can achieve your amnesty targets. Many many people would still remain outside the tax net. There needs to be genuine effort a thorough approach and a complete foolproof system in the end ..........

As for current taxpayers getting uneasy by this...the only ones who should feel uneasy are the ones that have something to hide. If someone has paid his/her due taxes...then he/she shouldn't worry.

In Mumlikat e Khudad its only the tax payers who are at the receiving end of the tax notices. This profiling doesn't limit the interaction of a tax payer with the tax guy ...... it further helps them in whatever they have been doing. A non filer understand that as long as he is outside the tax net, they cannot even touch him.

Sab ko aik he lathi say hankna kahan ki akalmandi hy bai? chor smanay hain, dramay bazia karnay ki bajay qanoon lay k ao.

Firewall between different departments serve a purpose. Especially in an under developed state. Breaking down those barriers may just turn out to be counterproductive. For now, let's wait and watch.

I registered and made profile. But disappointed that my current address is 20 years old and of Pakistan. Although I have been out of country for 20 years. Made new CNIC in 2005 and renewed in 2015 with present address but still not updated. And no property mentioned in my profile.

Back
Top Bottom